Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Credit where credit is due: MLS Disciplinary Committee does something right

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...ard-suspension

Good to see MLS taking action where it's needed. To be frank, this seems like a step forward for leagues everywhere. With the exception of explicitly terrible behavior that is missed (spitting, striking an opponent) I can't recall many (or any) examples of other leagues making corrections like this for officials missed calls.

Here's a video of the red card that was rescinded. Sloppy, but definitely no red card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cjbw...layer_embedded

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope this is a step in the right direction for MLS officiating. That was not a red card and was rightfully rescinded.

People keep talking about how the league needs better players in order for it to be taken seriously on an international level but what is equally important is good match officials who get it right more often than not.

Good on MLS though for sure!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Step in the right direction but still too many incompetent calls from MLS officials including celebration cards. Some officials are card-happy when a player celebrates while others let players celebrate without any issues.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fantastic intiative! yes, red cards still impact a game, but ensuring they don't disrupt future games is a step in the right direction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is one thing MLS has been doing over the last 5+ years, but it just never on the radar of the fans across the league for some reason

i hope they put some effort so everyone knows about it
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pekduck View Post
    this is one thing MLS has been doing over the last 5+ years, but it just never on the radar of the fans across the league for some reason

i hope they put some effort so everyone knows about it
    agree. presentation by disciplinary committee during mls cup weekend few years ago was very interesting and definitely changed my opinion about refs in this league.