Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smenge View Post
    Robinson gave the ball away 9 times. On three occasions, this resulted in chicaco shot on goal.
    Yeah that might be the worse i have een Robbo play in regards to getting beat so many times and so easily.

Blanco look like he was having a field day.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S_D View Post
    With Dunny and Tebily out, there weren't too many choices. I would have liked to see Harmse come in so we could have 3 defensive mids. You could see the team was just gassed in the last 10 minutes.

This stupid shit of 8 games in 24 days has to stop. TFC needs to get rid of the mid season friendlies. Roster size just isn't there to be able to play that many games.

I am very disappointed in tonight's game but let's be happy about 2 things.... Carver would rather start Robert as a forward than play Cunny (he's done for sure), and Ibby (sp?) can get around a keeper!
    There are two things in this post that I either disagree with wholeheartedly or agree with entirely.

1) TFC's friendlies should not be in the middle of the season!!! WTF? I agree completely with this. On top of a difficult July schedule, they play unecessary games?

2) Bringing in Harmse would only have ensured that Chicago would have had more time to press and the mistakes of the backline would not have been solved. Who would you have taken off? Guevara? Robert? You aren't going to take off subs that came on at the half right? And as poorly as they played, I am still thinking Robbo and Edu are a step up from Harmse. No...sorry, Harmse wouldn't have saved us today.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Offer Zidane $20 million per year to come out of retirement. Guevera is inconsistent, and ineffective much of the time...shit I would give him 30 million, just to see him play for one game.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smenge View Post
    Offer Zidane $20 million per year to come out of retirement. Guevera is inconsistent, and ineffective much of the time...shit I would give him 30 million, just to see him play for one game.
    OMG! I AM GOING APESHIT LIKE I SAID I WOULD!

You are blaming the guy who setup our only goal???

That's it...I need to step away from this board right now. This has to be the most ignorant thing I have read tonight.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S_D View Post
    With Dunny and Tebily out, there weren't too many choices. I would have liked to see Harmse come in so we could have 3 defensive mids. You could see the team was just gassed in the last 10 minutes.

This stupid shit of 8 games in 24 days has to stop. TFC needs to get rid of the mid season friendlies. Roster size just isn't there to be able to play that many games.

I am very disappointed in tonight's game but let's be happy about 2 things.... Carver would rather start Robert as a forward than play Cunny (he's done for sure), and Ibby (sp?) can get around a keeper!
    A voice of reason in the usual madness of another loss!

Thanks Dad!!!
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have some steel piping that I can run my head into repeatedly?

I was numb when it all ended.

Now I just want to go to bed...goodnight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

1) TFC's friendlies should not be in the middle of the season!!! WTF? I agree completely with this. On top of a difficult July schedule, they play unecessary games?
    Who's going to come over and play in OUR off season? Is that not the regular season for most of the rest of the world?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never said it should be in the offseason. But we have a) weeks off and b) no need for exhibitions in the middle and at the end f the season.

If you are going to load up games, do it at the beginning of the season when players need help getting into game form. That is where exhibitions will have the best effect.

And if not, use the weeks that we don't have games to do it. Don't jam them in the middle of important games like inter-divisional games or the Champions League qualifications!
    Last edited by Roogsy; 07-12-2008 at 10:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough.

I looked at the schedule myself and said- what were they thinking? You could see even tonight near the end of the game the boys were tired...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part of the problem is that our roster is not big enough for these games. We are forced to play regulars in friendlies. And when that happens in the middle of all of these competitions it takes a hefty toll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    There are two things in this post that I either disagree with wholeheartedly or agree with entirely.

2) Bringing in Harmse would only have ensured that Chicago would have had more time to press and the mistakes of the backline would not have been solved. Who would you have taken off? Guevara? Robert? You aren't going to take off subs that came on at the half right? And as poorly as they played, I am still thinking Robbo and Edu are a step up from Harmse. No...sorry, Harmse wouldn't have saved us today.
    Yep Robbo and Edu are a step up, you won't get an argument from me on that one. It was just for the need of getting some fresh legs out there. When you are tired you make mistakes. Having someone out there who could run out full tilt has the ability to cut off the passing lanes and take some pressure off the defense. Lots of other options as well such as playing him as a defender or sweeper so we have 5 at the back and just play true bunkerball like they did last year in Houston.

And if I had to choose who to take off...it would be Robert. Keep Gueverra on because the man is a pretty solid tackler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kitchener-TFC View Post
    Why is it that every away game, we come out of it pissed off, and very frustrated?
    These losses are really pilling up, and it's making me pissed with this club.
    John Carver will come out later saying how we deserved to win the game, but we're not getting crucial points.

I'm pissed.
    The losses are piling up, they better get their shit together and soon. If they don't they will be out of it in a few weeks. But there is alot to fix which concerns me. The back 4 looks disfunctional no matter who is playing. Our ball possesion is, well there isn't any. I can't believe these guys can't pass the ball around. We are constantly defending because of the horrible passing. Is Carver starting to lose these guys? They just don't seem to be the same team. Anyway Ibrahim looked impressive but he isn't our saviour he is only 16.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bruva View Post
    Yeah that might be the worse i have een Robbo play in regards to getting beat so many times and so easily.

Blanco look like he was having a field day.
    I have seen him play like this so many times and you guys say he is the Qb of the midfield, How many times has his blind passes totally land on the foot square of the other teams player, especially the ones who are not covered. So, Carl, if there is no person covering the other teams player, who the fuck are you passing too????????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MFG1 View Post
    I have seen him play like this so many times and you guys say he is the Qb of the midfield, How many times has his blind passes totally land on the foot square of the other teams player, especially the ones who are not covered. So, Carl, if there is no person covering the other teams player, who the fuck are you passing too????????

there are a huge number of Sutton and Robinson apologists, and it will never change

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what everybody is feeling,its very fucked up and personally I dont know if I am going to continue this torture and watch anymore away games on TV.Its like watching the same movie over and over.It just fucken SUCKS!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excuse me. The set up by Guevera for the goal was sweet. He made at least one other good pass last night. What I said in my earlier post was that he is inconsistent. Unlike Blanco, who controlled the game all night, Guevera seldom creates opportunities. I have yet to see him perform up to the lofty standards of several years ago. When he doesn't have the ball, he is worse defensively than Robert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems that whenever TFC plays, I go to bed pissed and frustrated, and I wake up the same way.
    Why can't they make us happy?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    But if we fucking can't win a fucking game on the road we aint ganna make the playoffs ever!!! fuck me fuck tfc and I hope they get their shit in gear soon untill then fuck off they are making me sick!

I keep saying it and I won't stop saying it. Carver cost us the season with his bonehead decison on player selections. It all started with nthe KC game when all our regualrs were back from international duties and Carver sat them out. They tied KC and haven't won since.

It's been 6 (Count them) games since they lost won a game. Since that game, we can't win on the road, we haven'nt won at home in 3 games, we can't beat USL teams, we may miss out as being the CC champions and most importantly we may miss the palyoffs. We are only 1 (Count them) points out of last place.

thanks Carver. Why don't you use your reserves against San Jose and Montreal????????

Carve rcost us. winning is contagious and Carver should have fielded his best team to beat KC and the win would have carried over to the other game. Now it appaers that losing has become contagious thanks to Carver

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC are the second expansion team I have been a fan of, the other being the QMJHL's St. John's Fog Devils(Now the Montreal Juniors ) and following road games has been difficult. The Foggies would either get blown out, or lose close games late, just as TFC do. It's really too bad we couldn't get out of there with a draw last night, would have done a world of good for the boy's confidence.

I was quite disappointed to not see Ricketts in the starting XI. As much as I like Jarrod Smith`s hustle, Ricketts certainly did not play his way out of the lineup.

Hopefully we come out and manhandle San Jose to reassert ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goog67 View Post
    At this level they should be fit. If not, bring in some 20 years old professionals from Germany who want to play.

EXCUSES.
    Yeah, cause those 20 year old germans are just lining up for Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    But if we fucking can't win a fucking game on the road we aint ganna make the playoffs ever!!! fuck me fuck tfc and I hope they get their shit in gear soon untill then fuck off they are making me sick!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instead of having these friendly games, just make the 2 vouchers for STHs, the Canada Cup games and be done with it. I don't think the players really care about the friendlies, so why even bother.

2 less games, fresher players!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vince93 View Post
    it seems like the last win was so long ago i can't remember when it was?

June 14th....1 whole month and 7 long matches ago.

TO DEVILS

It really hurts to see these road losses.............................from the confort of your home.

I wonder how the many people who continue to travel feel like.

I guess the monthy passes for bandwagon jumpers will go on sale this month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    I keep saying it and I won't stop saying it. Carver cost us the season with his bonehead decison on player selections. It all started with nthe KC game when all our regualrs were back from international duties and Carver sat them out. They tied KC and haven't won since.

It's been 6 (Count them) games since they lost won a game. Since that game, we can't win on the road, we haven'nt won at home in 3 games, we can't beat USL teams, we may miss out as being the CC champions and most importantly we may miss the palyoffs. We are only 1 (Count them) points out of last place.

thanks Carver. Why don't you use your reserves against San Jose and Montreal????????

Carve rcost us. winning is contagious and Carver should have fielded his best team to beat KC and the win would have carried over to the other game. Now it appaers that losing has become contagious thanks to Carver

You never fail to disappoint with your consistantly stupid posts.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TO DEVILS View Post
    It really hurts to see these road losses.............................from the confort of your home.

I wonder how the many people who continue to travel feel like.

I guess the monthy passes for bandwagon jumpers will go on sale this month.
    The losses personally don't deter me, as long as I can see the players trying and creating chances, putting their heart into it (then again I am not a seasoned road warrior, only 3 so far). I guess I would be more inclined to go on a trip if we had a good away record. In the end though if I continue to have fun prior to during and after the game, I will ocntinue to return.

Another thing I would like is for the team to show more appreciation for traveling supporters. It's nice that Jimmy and Carver came towards us after Chicago game, but I would like to see more. Ya we are all a little bummed after a loss, but I think some mutual respect (we kept chanting and waving flags) would go a long way.
    Last edited by adamdz; 07-14-2008 at 12:16 AM.

TO DEVILS

Quote Originally Posted by adamdz View Post
    It's nice that Jimmy and Carver came towards us after Chicago game, but I would like to see more. Ya we are all a little bummed after a loss, but I think some mutual respect (we kept chanting and waving flags) would go a long way.
    Captain and Coach did their job, but i agree with you 100% on this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there were a couple of guys who couldn't wait to get off the field.

Carver, Wynne and Jimmy were the only guys who came anywhere near us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for christmas, I am going to ask Santa for a road win that I witness.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just hope I keep hitting drywall with my wall punches during away games.... first stud I hit I'm going to have to take an away game break.

The streak will come to an end soon enough and all be quiet, blind support is what MLSE like so let's give it to em....