Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with the players fit to go - as of today i would like to see this line up.
    no nonsense (few mistakes) and hopefully a good hard-nosed win.

---------------------kocic------------------------
    -----eckersley------henry--------morgan------
    ---------------------stinson----------------------
    ----------hall--------------------avila-----------
    lambe---------------silva------------------plata
    --------------------johnson----------------------

this gives us a reliable squad with potential to track up and down the pitch.
    this is a fast and tough bunch that have some technical quality as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hodgkiss View Post
    with the players fit to go - as of today i would like to see this line up.
    no nonsense (few mistakes) and hopefully a good hard-nosed win.

---------------------kocic------------------------
    -----eckersley------henry--------morgan------
    ---------------------stinson----------------------
    ----------hall--------------------avila-----------
    lambe---------------silva------------------plata
    --------------------johnson----------------------

this gives us a reliable squad with potential to track up and down the pitch.
    this is a fast and tough bunch that have some technical quality as well.
    two fullbacks and one young CB in back three. might as well let Montreal just walk in
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    two fullbacks and one young CB in back three. might as well let Montreal just walk in

buddy... you loved nick garcia! and i will never forget that.

i would be very curious to see your starting XI instead of your childish comments.

*** and buddy, we are letting teams walk right in now. it couldn't get much worse now could it?
    unless of course, your insta-hardon (nick garcia) was on the pitch. then he would gift wrap a few for sure!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that one young cb has played more consistency than any other cb this year.
    and the two full backs are as per usual (the best we have) so why put someone (aceval) who is a liability?
    his marking is piss poor, he is slow and really shouldn't have a spot on this team.

but then again, it sounds all to familiar to another (old) cb you favoured... get your eyes checked dude.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would be very curious to see your starting XI instead of your childish comments.

*** and buddy, we are letting teams walk right in now. it couldn't get much worse now could it?
    unless of course, your insta-hardon (nick garcia) was on the pitch. then he would gift wrap a few for sure!
    that one young cb has played more consistency than any other cb this year.
    and the two full backs are as per usual (the best we have) so why put someone (aceval) who is a liability?
    his marking is piss poor, he is slow and really shouldn't have a spot on this team.

but then again, it sounds all to familiar to another (old) cb you favoured... get your eyes checked dude.
    Argue the post,not the poster.Ridiculing other poster will get you infracted on this board.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nick Garcia! Ahh memories.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would also like winter to go back to the possession-oriented football and stop this defensive-minded crap.
    we have been at our best when we attacked and had better results when doing so.

one HUGE thing i have noticed lately is our inability to get to balls and hold the ball up.
    when we are a threat, the opposition plays to our style. right now we are letting every single team do
    whatever they wish in the own half and get inside our half without any pressure whatsoever.
    it's really disgusting and frustrating to watch knowing that we are so much more capable
    playing better football. i would rather lose trying to win then lose not trying to lose.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya, I got the Garcia thing wrong. then again, Nick Garcia was a proven defender in the league before he came to Toronto. Nobody really expected him to tank so badly. Congrats for reminding me that I'm just human, and I get things wrong from time to time.

your back three has two fullbacks who has problems with positioning and marking (though they hustle their balls off) and Henry isn't experienced enough to organize the defence.

Next time, if you don't like my comment, try to do it without making it personal
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm sorry denime. but when someone writes something like this poster did in rebuttal to what i have suggested - they are obviously looking for a reaction. maybe you can give him a friendly reminder that he shouldn't be looking to start crap!

***it always seems to be the same people doing this sort of thing and it doesn't allow people to feel like they can make constructed opinions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe you can enlighten me as to who can mark people better. i would really like to hear your opinions. harden? aceval? these guys have let everyone past them thsi year and i bet they are responsible for more than 80% of tfc's goals against this year - guaranteed!

can you please field your starting XI? i want to see this no-fail super experienced line up you must have.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    ya, I got the Garcia thing wrong. then again, Nick Garcia was a proven defender in the league before he came to Toronto. Nobody really expected him to tank so badly. Congrats for reminding me that I'm just human, and I get things wrong from time to time.

your back three has two fullbacks who has problems with positioning and marking (though they hustle their balls off) and Henry isn't experienced enough to organize the defence.

Next time, if you don't like my comment, try to do it without making it personal
    I have always considered Nick Garcia just another scapegoat. He wasn't awful for us. And his MLS pedigree was impressive. Certainly not something that can be used to prove anything.

Garcia not impressing only proves its tough to judge how a player will do upon arrival. But I do know among posters you are one of the more informed about the goings-on in MLS.

And honestly I agreed with your analysis of the backline suggestion. It would get eaten alive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Nick Garcia! Ahh memories.
    ahh yes...the memories,i think we won the odd game did we not,ohhh how i wish we were back in those days.
    the days when we scored the odd goal sometimes 2 maybe 3 and omg the 4 goal game v dallas..i miss MOJO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe you can enlighten me as to who can mark people better. i would really like to hear your opinions. harden? aceval? these guys have let everyone past them thsi year and i bet they are responsible for more than 80% of tfc's goals against this year - guaranteed!

can you please field your starting XI? i want to see this no-fail super experienced line up you must have.
    Meh, he's right. These three, no fullbacks, with our record of letting people behind the defence? Not strategically sensible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are 0-8. We are 0-8. We are 0-8. This is year 6.

I do not give a shit about this game. We have deep, deep problems that will not be fixed by one win. I will say it I hope we fucking lose. So people wake up.

This empty Toronto till'i die shit, rely means I am too fucking afraid to rock the boat, even if the boat is full of holes, and sinking faster then any boat in the MLS, a leage full of sinking boats, has ever sunk.

I am angry. I wish I had a Vespa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ And do not tell me about our boys. What the fuck has this club done for us??? What glory has it brought to this city to our name?? None it has only brought shame.

And yes I support our boys, the best thing for our boys on the pitch is change now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post

I do not give a shit about this game. We have deep, deep problems that will not be fixed by one win. I will say it I hope we fucking lose. So people wake up.

This empty Toronto till'i die shit, rely means I am too fucking afraid to rock the boat, even if the boat is full of holes, and sinking faster then any boat in the MLS, a leage full of sinking boats, has ever sunk.

You could probably get a skateboard...

This will be the third game against Montreal this year. This one at home. Of course we're going to win it. Now, whether that's the beginning of the fix or just prolonging the situation, who knows, but we will win this game.

If we can't beat Montreal at home in a game that really means something...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ That is why I want them to lose, so that the fucking nigthmare can be over, and we can realize how shit we are, and we can move forward having gotten rid of the rot.

If we lose this game and people do not wake up, then it is hopeless.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yes I support our boys, the best thing for our boys on the pitch is change now.
    This is how I feel.

This is more important than how hard I cheer.

If I can effect meaningful change that will actually help the boys on the field, that is better use of my time and effort.

People talk about long-term goals and then do little to actually help achieve those long-term goals.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope we fucking lose. So people wake up.

I think it's easier to say you want change right now. The majority of threads are about rocking the boat. No one should be afraid to rock the boat at this point. Just the opposite in fact.

This game has more consequence than any other this year so far. I wouldn't miss it.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ That is why I want them to lose, so that the fucking nigthmare can be over, and we can realize how shit we are, and we can move forward having gotten rid of the rot.

If we lose this game and people do not wake up, then it is hopeless.
    while I understand your sentiment, I can't stomach losing to Montreal or Columbus. I really hate the Impact lol

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ My stomach right now is in knots as to how shit we are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    This is how I feel.

If I can effect meaningful change that will actually help the boys on the field, that is better use of my time and effort.

People talk about long-term goals and then do little to actually help achieve those long-term goals.
    You know that I agree.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is the only thing we have left to play for now, so we might as well go for it. I don't think it changes the fact that Winter is most likely gone either way. Changes are afoot, I am confident in that. Besides, how awesome would it be to wreck Montreal and especially Vancouver's dreams yet again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I hope that you are right about changes being afoot no matter what. But I have to think that if Winter wins, he stays. And to put it on the record, I care more about the CL, then I do MLS, I just think that change is more important right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never wish for my team to lose. Ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just can't understand this.

Never wish for your club to lose. Ever.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never want to see TFC lose, but here's the dilemma:

Toronto winning against Montreal on Wednsday night, will be like a groundhog seeing his shadow on February 2nd: Six more weeks of Winter.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    This is how I feel.

so a new manager is effective change...can you tell me the last new TFC manager that took this team to the playoffs?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^^^^ that was a very clever pun there Huyton :P.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    I just can't understand this.

Never wish for your club to lose. Ever.
    I can actually understand this.

sometimes you need something BIG to happen in order for things to change. And the thing right now would be losing to Montreal.

I don't WISH this to happen, but if losing meant that Winter is fired and we then find a decent manager, then we would certainly benefit in the long term from losing tomorrow night.

As a supporter is tough to WANT your team to lose if it meant improving, but sometimes you have to sacrificy the short term in order to improve in the long term.