Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    It's fairly obvious that if Anselmi has not been held accountable for the past 6 years of impressive dysfunction with TFC, then someone above him is asleep at the wheel.
    OR - results don't really matter to the people above him. If you were a teacher, or somebody in charge of Ontario Teacher Pensions - why you give a hoot if TFC were not beating Dallas away, as long as you are getting the $$$ to put into your members (teachers) funds? You honest;y wouldn't care a muscle, would you?!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    You can go to their forums and try to get some people there to help organized a protest. I am not sure about Leafs, but all hardcore Raptor fans are on forum called RealGM where there's a huge number of Raptor fans posting their displeasure there.
    As a very junior (and non member) person on this forum I have to pass this upwards - have any of the upper people in the RPB's talked about getting together with other MLSE sports supporters groups? We would have power in number if we could get the Raptors and Leafs supporters in with us to protest.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    As a very junior (and non member) person on this forum I have to pass this upwards - have any of the upper people in the RPB's talked about getting together with other MLSE sports supporters groups? We would have power in number if we could get the Raptors and Leafs supporters in with us to protest.
    I've mentioned this before with zero traction. I don't think anyone in RPB has any interest in taking on this project. It's a lot of logistics and communications. It's one thing to come up with an idea, it's another to actually get it going. Keep in mind these groups are run by supporters who have full time jobs and choose to support the clubs in their free time. It's not a paid gig and not first priority for many.

If you are feeling ambitious and want to take it on; You can start by trying to rally the Raptor and Leaf supporters and Llias with all of the TFC supporters group leaders to come up with an idea that will work and be efficient for all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I've mentioned this before with zero traction. I don't think anyone in RPB has any interest in taking on this project. It's a lot of logistics and communications. It's one thing to come up with an idea, it's another to actually get it going. Keep in mind these groups are run by supporters who have full time jobs and choose to support the clubs in their free time. It's not a paid gig and not first priority for many.

If you are feeling ambitious and want to take it on; You can start by trying to rally the Raptor and Leaf supporters and Llias with all of the TFC supporters group leaders to come up with an idea that will work and be efficient for all.
    Well, I wish I had time too, of course! This is going to be the big issue with creating change. Somebody in this city is going to have to dig deep to take on the mighty MLSE. I know if you read what I'm suggesting you might think I'm just full of air, like other people. I'd LOVE to have the time to put it all together, but simply don't I'm willing to help, of course, like I think a lot of people would. But to get something like this moving, you will need a lot of time on your hands to arrange between the different groups of people.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    There can be no "protest" with the Leafs/Raptors. For one they are not organized.

Secondly and more importantly, a vast number of Season Ticket holders bought Personal Seat Licenses which act as equity that they can resell. You can sell your PSL to someone else, MLSE makes about $600 on the sale, and they can then buy your season tickets. The PSL is essentially the right to buy a ticket. The catch? If you ever opt to not renew your season tickets, you lose your PSL AND the season tickets and MLSE resells them both.

No one is going to do that. Ever.

The Raptors are one of 3 NBA teams to have PSLs. The Leafs are one of 2 NHL teams to have them.

Fortunately, MLSE started thinking about PSLs for TFC back in year 1. Remember when they removed the ability for us to transfer season ticket to someone else? That was the start of the PSL push and it was talked about within the golden walls of MLSE... to the point that I was asked not to "talk about it" (as I was sounding the alarm bells) by one MLSE insider as there was a fear that there would be a movement towards it. My guess is that they just wanted to quietly move towards it.

Just like the "Membership" fee for the Red and Gold listers that would give them the "right" to be able to buy single game tickets in the North Stand. That concept was floated around as well. Call it a mini-PSL.

In any event, the TFC fan won't put up with that and that would effectively kill the fan base. That said, the plan is still there. Waiting for the sell out days of yore. Which is why removing the current regime and in particular its leader is of paramount importance at this point in time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The PSL's for gold listers were essentially implemented - just in the form of a crappy, expensive Marlies ticket pack you were forced to buy, to get on the list.

And yes, for the reasons Pookie mentioned, good luck getting many Leafs or Raptors STH on board for a protest.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    The PSL's for gold listers were essentially implemented - just in the form of a crappy, expensive Marlies ticket pack you were forced to buy, to get on the list.

And yes, for the reasons Pookie mentioned, good luck getting many Leafs or Raptors STH on board for a protest.

- Scott
    Then we are all a little screwed really! I think this is why I try and avoid all the politics involved with Toronto sports - basically we (the fans) can't do F-all about anything. Talking about tactics and your favourite player is best place to stick to, then you aren't drawn into something that just is unmovable. Until Toronto sports fans can realise that they CAN make a change if they all group together, we all just have to suck up what drivel MLSE feeds us.

Let's just hope the change in ownership of MLSE means change in mentality for the whole organisation.