View Poll Results: Whack coaches + Players or 3 wise men???

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • continue to whack coaches, players, etc...

7 6.36%
  • Whack Paul Bierne, Tommy (the fuck) Anselmi, and Earl Cochrane (no pun required)

103 93.64%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    So these people have been responsible for our teams... fans... not professionals.... just you know, regular old sports fans with business degrees.... http://www.mlse.com/inside_mlse/board_of_directors.aspx

YIKES!

Taken from Inside MLSE's Culture web page:
    How do you describe what it’s like to work for the best sports and entertainment company? We Play To WIN every day through our Vision and Values, and as passionate, dedicated leaders. We work hard. We are all passionate about what we do. We have pride in our Company, our Brands, in ourselves, and each other. We strive to achieve top performance.

We also like to have fun!

Here are some more aspects of the MLSE Culture…

Town Hall, Awards, Theme Days and fun events-Taste of the ACC, Annual Dodgeball Classic, Holiday Hoopla, "Best Damn Cookie" Contest and Bake Sale for Team Up!, MLSE Rockstar contest, Community & Volunteerism-Team Up!, Golf Tournament, Working for and with great People everyday.

And let’s face it, Sports and Entertainment is a pretty great industry to be in!
    Oddly, nothing about winning teams, games, or delivering for fans/customers ...

Maybe they'll get us some of those Best Damn Cookies for next game.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Sorry, but I call bullshit on this. I was there for the initial discussions in 2006 on Simon's board, before we were even called the RPB, and we chose 112 ourselves because we thought that the group would be small, and we could all congregate there together. Paul B. did not in any way decide where we would go.

Same thing goes for U-Sector, which numbered max 20 or so at that time in 2006. They discussed various areas, including behind the net, but decided on 113 because the net would block their displays.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDevils View Post
    When I get some time I'll dig up some of the old posts on U-Sector if they aren't gone. I was also there, but on the U-Sector board. Think I had like two posts, ah those were the days.
    If you were posting on the Usector board durring that time, then you might remember how it all came to be.

Originally Usector was interested in having section 115 right behind the net. I snuck into the stadium while it was under construction and took pictures of where the seats and sections would be. You could see from my photos that there was a large handicap section in the front of 115, and it would be a less than ideal location for 'front row' supporters. The Usector guys weighed their options, and picked section 113. The earliest of the Red Patch Boys decided to take section 112 as we were the smaller group (like Oldtimer explained).

anyway, it's all ancient history now, but it's important that it's not rewritten or revised into something that isn't accurate.

^ some of those early flicks
    Last edited by Parkdale; 05-07-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Taken from Inside MLSE's Culture web page:

Oddly, nothing about winning teams, games, or delivering for fans/customers ...

Maybe they'll get us some of those Best Damn Cookies for next game.
    I get the impression that anybody employed by MLSE is having too good a time living it up to be concerned with something as trivial as the results of a sports team. Who has time for that with all the dodgeball, and golf, and cookies and free tickets they're getting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, Mel Lastman's son is on their board. How could anything possibly go wrong?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    If you were posting on the Usector board durring that time, then you might remember how it all came to be.
    That's right, I had forgotten that Parkdale was to blame!

I'd also forgotten the handicap seating issue... but you brought it all back.

Anyway, the point is that ML$E has never dictated to us supporters where we sit or what we do. We do our own thing. It's important to remember that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Hmm, Mel Lastman's son is on their board. How could anything possibly go wrong?
    maybe he will let me get my season seats next year with no money down and no payments for 18 months??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Taken from Inside MLSE's Culture web page:Oddly, nothing about winning teams, games, or delivering for fans/customers ...Maybe they'll get us some of those Best Damn Cookies for next game.
    LOL, that would make a great banner. Something along the lines of: "MLSE - their teams can't win, but damn, their cookies are sure good!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe he will let me get my season seats next year with no money down and no payments for 18 months??
    Paul Mariner to TFC Board during latest presentation to MLSE board on player signings: "We're thinking of scouting and signing more players from South America."

Dale Lastman: South America! How do you think those voodoo pot-boilers would fare in this physical MLS?!"

Paul Mariner: "Mr. Lastman sir, I think you may be thinking Africans. South American is another continent."

Dale Lastman: "Oh, right, carry on."

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ahhh MLSE Dodgeball, I can see it now:

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's right, I had forgotten that Parkdale was to blame!

haha... I get blamed for everything!
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least Peddie is on his way out. Remember when he announced this?:

"We will pretty soon announce an internationally experienced coach. He and our scouts will then travel to Europe to check on Canadian players. We plan to sign seven or eight Canadians for our 18-man squad. They will play together in 32 league matches and could form the basis of a strong Canadian national team. That team, then, could work on improving our (soccer) reputation."
    http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists...66622-sun.html

The "internationally experienced" coach was Mo.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    haha... I get blamed for everything!
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least Peddie is on his way out. Remember when he announced this?:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists...66622-sun.html

The "internationally experienced" coach was Mo.
    So, from the every beginning this organization made promises they didn't keep. What happened, did the "internationally experienced" coaches want too much money? Too long a contract? Too much control over the team?

Why couldn't this company just do what it said it was going to do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

READ this shit, please. NOTHING ABOUT WINNING, it is all about atmosphere and sold out stadiums. "Authentic" experience, my ass if this was an authentic experience, they would have a fucking riot on their hands.

http://www.mlse.com/assets/1/Page/yourteams_tfc.png

The fuckers even talk about chat rooms. FUCK THEM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If you're watching/following the Blackburn-Wigan match this afternoon, it appears that Blackburn supporters are none too happy.

Apparently stewards are taking down anti-management banners.

But a chicken made it onto the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't know exactly where to post this, but Blackburn fans are using some clever protest techniques, from a chicken on the pitch to a plane carrying a banner extolling Kean's virtues signed Burnley fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha Whoop, too funny. Brilliant minds think alike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I like the look of this.

Rongen seems to have a passion for developing youth. Without he pressure of immediate results, he may do a good job. And working with Nicol and Mariner, I don't think TFC will need to depart from the offensive, possession team philosophy we'd all like to see.

Can I put this on my Christmas wishlist? I promise I will be good...
    Well, according to Nigel Reed's article today, rumors persist that it could very well happen sooner rather than later. I think Steve Nicol would be the most astute hiring in the history of the franchise.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/opin...to-a-head.html

Winter won the Canadian championship in 2011. Losing it on home soil in 2012 would have to be the final straw. In a results-oriented business the team owners would have no choice but to bite the bullet and relieve the polite, likeable Dutchman of his duties.

If the rumour mill is to be believed, Steve Nicol is waiting in the wings should the axe fall. The former New England boss enjoyed a highly successful partnership with TFC director of player development, Paul Mariner during their five years together with the Revs.

The house, once filled with boisterous fun, is still standing. But it is in urgent need of major renovation by a reputable contractor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, but I call bullshit on this. I was there for the initial discussions in 2006 on Simon's board, before we were even called the RPB, and we chose 112 ourselves because we thought that the group would be small, and we could all congregate there together. Paul B. did not in any way decide where we would go.

Hope you don't mind, I'll take the words of the RPB pres at that time over yours 6 years later.

And you still haven't told me some things I didn't know about Klinsmann. What part of Klinsmann's resume points to his knowledge of the USSF pyramid and the NCAA? Knowing these two things are key to building a successful MLS squad, IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to re-post this, because the leadership of this group, does not want to talk about this, although this is rely not on topic.

The fact that there is no unified voice calling for immediate change, is worrisome. I have to say that I cannot imagine any other group of supporters being this quite overall over such a disastrous start of the year, never mind that our entire history has been shameful.

I waited I thought that Monday would be an explosion of people demanding change, and yet the response is underwhelming. I think Exile may have said it " you get the club you deserve" maybe this is the club that we deserve.

For over five years they have taken our name and our game and made a laughing stock out of it. And yet, here we are. Still not enough anger to force change despite the utter shit that has been TFC.

IF YOU DO NOT GET ORGANIZED AND DECIDE WHAT TO DO ABOUT THIS CRISIS, then this is the sorriest group of supports in the entire world. enough fucking debates, this is silly, so fucking politically correct Torontonian that it is sad, maybe it is my fault, maybe there is this debate in the members only section (its my fault for not renewing) but fuck this is ridiculous, leadership comes out and states lets support the team in the Wednesday game as this is the important thing right now. WE ARE FUCKING SINKING, well we have never floated, and we are debating, its not Winter its Mariner, its not mariner, its the players, its not the players its luck.

HEADS HAVE TO ROLL, the person responsible is Winter [for starters], that goes with his job, if this club is serious, if our supporters are serious they need to call for it, or we will always be fucking shit, as we have always been fucking shit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Well, according to Nigel Reed's article today, rumors persist that it could very well happen sooner rather than later. I think Steve Nicol would be the most astute hiring in the history of the franchise.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/opin...to-a-head.html
    Oh please let this nightmare be over soon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried to post this in the "This is not Funny anymore" thread but it was closed.

Like you trane I'm amazed that nothing has happened today and that nobody seems to care. This team has sucked the life out of the fans.

Do you think they are waiting until Thursday when the new coach will have 10 days before the next game to scrap "total football" and start playing a system that the players are capable of executing? Or am I delusional?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I had to re-post this, because the leadership of this group, does not want to talk about this, although this is rely not on topic.

The fact that there is no unified voice calling for immediate change, is worrisome. I have to say that I cannot imagine any other group of supporters being this quite overall over such a disastrous start of the year, never mind that our entire history has been shameful.

I waited I thought that Monday would be an explosion of people demanding change, and yet the response is underwhelming. I think Exile may have said it " you get the club you deserve" maybe this is the club that we deserve.

For over five years they have taken our name and our game and made a laughing stock out of it. And yet, here we are. Still not enough anger to force change despite the utter shit that has been TFC.

IF YOU DO NOT GET ORGANIZED AND DECIDE WHAT TO DO ABOUT THIS CRISIS, then this is the sorriest group of supports in the entire world. enough fucking debates, this is silly, so fucking politically correct Torontonian that it is sad, maybe it is my fault, maybe there is this debate in the members only section (its my fault for not renewing) but fuck this is ridiculous, leadership comes out and states lets support the team in the Wednesday game as this is the important thing right now. WE ARE FUCKING SINKING, well we have never floated, and we are debating, its not Winter its Mariner, its not mariner, its the players, its not the players its luck.

HEADS HAVE TO ROLL, the person responsible is Winter [for starters], that goes with his job, if this club is serious, if our supporters are serious they need to call for it, or we will always be fucking shit, as we have always been fucking shit.

You know where I stand with this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I know but there is so few of us, that it is rely frustrating.

I could not have imagined it, that after 0-8, NOTHING.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    If you're watching/following the Blackburn-Wigan match this afternoon, it appears that Blackburn supporters are none too happy.

Apparently stewards are taking down anti-management banners.

But a chicken made it onto the pitch.

How'd they get a chicken in the stadium?

Man, these people are creative. Like the Scooter episode in Italy was it?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Now a supporter got onto the pitch and threw his season ticket at the coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Nice.

Scooter was San Siro, Inter I think.
    Last edited by trane; 05-07-2012 at 03:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    If MLSE has the latitude to hire a permanent replacement for Winter prior to the transfer of ownership, I would like to see the following managerial structure in place moving forward:

Steve Nicol - Manager/Head Coach

Paul Mariner - Assistant Manager

Thomas Rongen - Director Of Player Development

I would maintain the existing coaching staff within all the ranks of the Academy, but otherwise, everyone else is expendable.
    How can anyone back Mariner? When Winter goes, Mariner has to as well. How can he share no blame with what is going on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much does a plane and banner cost? (Banner says "In Venky's we trust - Burnley").

Last edited by Canary10; 05-07-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I agree with Phil that for now, our efforts should be to bring our best on Wed. (despite the fact I can't be there, I will be cheering on the boys from afar). However, after that match, I really think we should be directing more efforts to some kind of protest against Anselmi and the rest of the FO in advance of the completion of the sale of Teachers' majority stake to Bell/Rogers. How effective it could be I don't know, but surely this is a great opportunity to plant seeds of doubt in Belogers mind about the current executive team. I don't think it has to be a given that Belogers will keep the status quo. If we don't perform some kind of action, we could be stuck with these guys for another 5 years.