Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Toronto FC promoting ACC match vs. Vancouver on RedFlagDeals

The more interest generated in TFC the better, especially these days, no?!

http://dealoftheday.redflagdeals.com...lashPopup=true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

desperation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And coincidentally, they're saying 112 purchased so far...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We got 108 row 1 for 60.00 each. Now relatively close ones are 100.00+. They have jumped quick!

I am bringing the same spirit to this as I did the Santos game. Let's do this again!!!!

Vancouver looked poor the other day (but I know, we have looked worse and for longer)....live in the moment!
    Last edited by bigredone; 05-14-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRenter View Post
    The more interest generated in TFC the better, especially these days, no?!

http://dealoftheday.redflagdeals.com...lashPopup=true

I'm going to wait for tickets for this game are being given away at Wendy's every time you buy a medium frosty. Then I'm going to check the weather report. If it's raining forget it. I'll watch on TV. MLSE you ain't getting another dime from me until you win a meaningful league game.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"
    Be a part of the action thanks to this exciting offer and grab up to 10 tickets for your family and friends before they run out – there are only 150 to 300 available per section!"

​They added the bold...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    I'm going to wait for tickets for this game are being given away at Wendy's every time you buy a medium frosty. Then I'm going to check the weather report. If it's raining forget it. I'll watch on TV. MLSE you ain't getting another dime from me until you win a meaningful league game.
    It doesn't sound like you'd be noticed much at the match with that attitude. These Vcup nights get pretty loud. Especially in the rain! We've made those some of the best nights in TFC history!

I wonder how many would classify a 6-1 win in the league as their most memorable?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a hilarious post. You're right Fort York, the rain seems to bring out the lively spirit in people. These V Cup games are great, and the possible start to another CCL run. I'm once again pumped for a TFC game, rather than feeling like Sean Penn in Dead Man Walking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the vcup games are better because the real fans show up.
    mommies and children stay home, while the suits are at work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personnally I'm waiting to see how we do in the opening leg before I decide whether to attend this one. If we're down three goals heading into the home leg, I won't bother.

I know I'm being cynical, but this is what this team has accustomed me to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carefree View Post
    Personnally I'm waiting to see how we do in the opening leg before I decide whether to attend this one. If we're down three goals heading into the home leg, I won't bother.

I hear ya, but this is when they would need you most!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carefree View Post

That still won't be as big a feat as we've already accomplished in Montreal!!

Never Give Up!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many people I speak with are getting fired up for the game and the SSH I know are actually using their ticks. It will be a good show, everyone is desperate for some excitement and redemption. Even Vancouver should have a good showing. They may think it is theirs for the pickin'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A proper hardcore fan eh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turns out WagJag is advertising the same:

https://www.wagjag.com/?w=75216

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    It doesn't sound like you'd be noticed much at the match with that attitude. These Vcup nights get pretty loud. Especially in the rain! We've made those some of the best nights in TFC history!

I wonder how many would classify a 6-1 win in the league as their most memorable?
    Agreed Pete,

Don't know why we play so well in concacaf, but for sure they have been some of the best matches I've been to in the past 6 seasons.
    Just look at last week, our club is 0-8 in MLS, but the atmosphere in the stands for the Vcup was electric as usual...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this pace, TFC is going to be selling season tickets on WagJag, Trazelzoo, etc.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    A proper hardcore fan eh
    No not a MLSE whore willing to lie down for them. If they're going to discount tickets, what does that say to people who bought season tickets at full pop. So some guy who paid 60 bucks is sitting next to a sucker who paid 82 bucks way back in March. What happens when those 82 buck season tickets can be had from the FO firesale at 20 bucks in August?

It's one thing sitting next to a guy who bought a 82 buck ticket on Stubhub for 15 bucks, but when the club is willing to fuck over it's season ticket base that much....

come on..it's not about being a hardcore fan anymore...
    Last edited by Toronto; 05-15-2012 at 07:22 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No not a MLSE whore willing to lie down for them. If they're going to discount tickets, what does that say to people who bought season tickets at full pop. So some guy who paid 60 bucks is sitting next to a sucker who paid 82 bucks way back in March. What happens when those 82 buck season tickets can be had from the FO firesale at 20 bucks in August?

It's one thing sitting next to a guy who bought a 82 buck ticket on Stubhub for 15 bucks, but when the club is willing to fuck over it's season ticket base that much....

That's up to you mate. That guy saving $20 brings little to the team long term. You feel like a sucker, fine. Do what you feel you need to for your wallet and your principle but the people left have their reasons to stay. Terms like MLSE whore do not need to be thrown around. It's petulant name calling. Leave it out. There are better ways to illustrate your obvious frustration.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While the language may have been too much, I can't disagree with the sentiment. There is little to be proud of when you're a willing victim. In doing so, supporters have become enablers to MLSE's greed.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be sure to buy first from people on the board before you give ML$E any more money:

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showth...-Field-8-00-PM

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    While the language may have been too much, I can't disagree with the sentiment. There is little to be proud of when you're a willing victim. In doing so, supporters have become enablers to MLSE's greed.
    sup·port
    verb (used with object)

1.to bear or hold up (a load, mass, structure, part, etc.); serve as a foundation for.

2.to sustain or withstand (weight, pressure, strain, etc.) without giving way; serve as a prop for.

3.to undergo or endure, especially with patience or submission; tolerate.

4.to sustain (a person, the mind, spirits, courage, etc.) under trial or affliction: They supported him throughout his ordeal.

5.to maintain (a person, family, establishment, institution, etc.) by supplying with things necessary to existence; provide for: to support a family.

sound about right for what we do? how would you suggest we support the team while not being "enablers" to the greed of our ownership?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we had dero back then

no one gets more pumped for a game than he does, the man is clutch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to recap your original post, you said you would first check the weather and if it was raining you would stay at home and watch- to admit that on a forum such as this is actually quite funny.
    Then you said you would not go to another game until we won a meaningful game- again pretty outrageous.

Anyway, cut the getting charged too much money nonsense out, that's life, supply and demand. Rest assured that this scenario will not occur when teams like New York and LA come to town. If we were say 7-1 and playing great football, you'd be first in line for each game. We aren't playing good football in the league, and the weather at home games so far hasn't been great. There's your excuse in a nut shell for you mate. No-one forces you to buy tickets, the mls season is a short one, get out and support your team. The atmosphere at the Montreal game was as good as it's been in years, I am sure any of your fellow fairweather fans who avoided that match are now kicking themselves.
    We'd all like things to be cheaper- tickets, beer, shirts etc, myself included, but again that's life, deal with it.Bigger battles to fight than this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am open to suggestions on how to support the boys and not MLSE. I still have my Adidas jersey which I will wear until we get an mls title. A title will earn them a $100.00 or so from me. I do pre-drink like hell so I am ready to cheer and scream for our boys and MLSE won't get my beer money.

Any other money that isn't spent cheering for the boys is spent for the love of soccer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you dont have your own tickets, buy them from here. MLSE sees nothing from you.

perhaps break something on the way out so your visit actually costs them money. hahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    if you dont have your own tickets, buy them from here. MLSE sees nothing from you.

perhaps break something on the way out so your visit actually costs them money. hahaha

I will consider your suggestion. As for tickets, my apologies for not buying them from here, but from now on I will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got this week's Travelzoo top 20, and guess what...

http://www.travelzoo.com/ca/entertai...m_medium=email

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we really surprised that they using sites like these to move tickets considering they will have only two weeks to sell this game. It just makes sense for them.

And by the way I will be there loud and proud as I always am.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    Are we really surprised that they using sites like these to move tickets considering they will have only two weeks to sell this game. It just makes sense for them.

And by the way I will be there loud and proud as I always am.
    I don't think surprised is the right word. Disapointed maybe, and somewhat bitter for those who rushed in and paid full price when they thought these tickets would be hard to get...