Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frings

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post
    Interesting. If he does have a real problem with Winter and staff, that will be dero first now Frings.

Btw: Is RPB planning anything to voice displeasure?
    We do,by going to the next game and give everything we have left to support the boys on the pitch.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    We do,by going to the next game and give everything we have left to support the boys on the pitch.
    Supporting the boys goes beyond cheering for them on the pitch. That's worthless if they're not given the tools to produce. At some the cheering even helps demoralize them even more because they start carrying the guilt of not performing for the fans even if it's not their fault.

The answer to everything isn't always to cheer harder.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Supporting the boys goes beyond cheering for them on the pitch. That's worthless if they're not given the tools to produce. At some the cheering even helps demoralize them even more because they start carrying the guilt of not performing for the fans even if it's not their fault.

Are you saying not to cheer to save the players feelings?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Are you saying not to cheer to save the players feelings?
    No, and your characterization and oversimplification of my reply only shows a willful blindness to the point I was making.

I know it's not what you guys want to hear, but the truth is your ineffective cheering won't help these lads overcome the structural deficiencies at the club. You are in effect, pissing against the wind.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, and your characterization and oversimplification of my reply only shows a willful blindness to the point I was making.

I know it's not what you guys want to hear, but the truth is your ineffective cheering won't help these lads overcome the structural deficiencies at the club. You are in effect, pissing against the wind.
    I suppose I'll just take the compliment that my singing still makes such a difference to you and a growing contingent here. The point you make is not lost but my question was valid. If singing makes the players feel guilty or inspired the result should be motivation if they are professional.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the point though. It doesn't make a difference if that is the bulk of your "support".

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the point though. It doesn't make a difference if that is the bulk of your "support".
    No offence dude, but this sounds like we shouldn't be giving charity money to feed starving African children b/c it only prolongs their suffering.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    No offence dude, but this sounds like we shouldn't be giving charity money to feed starving African children b/c it only prolongs their suffering.
    Then you're missing the point. Give all the money you want, cheer all you want. But don't delude yourself into thinking you are making a difference. Making a difference requires a helluvalot more effort. It demands standing up for something and getting involved. Cheering is almost the least you can do. Kind of like giving $20 a month to charity.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then you're missing the point. Give all the money you want, cheer all you want. But don't delude yourself into thinking you are making a difference. Making a difference requires a helluvalot more effort. It demands standing up for something and getting involved. Cheering is almost the least you can do. Kind of like giving $20 a month to charity.

Doing nothing is always easier than doing something. The hard part is convincing people one is doing nothing for a reason.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing nothing? Who said do nothing? Classic strawman argument.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing nothing? Who said do nothing? Classic strawman argument.
    Classic Roogsy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Were you at the game Rudy? He was injured on one of our corners when a teammate crashed into him jamming his shoulder. It was obvious he'd been injured. It was replayed on the screens at least once. At the first opportunity, he was at the bench being looked at by the physio. He went back on for a few minutes to see how it was and then when it was obvious he couldn't continue, he booted the ball out of bounds and headed for the locker room asap with the physio immediately following.

Anybody who was watching the match would have seen all of this taking place. Your "facts" are your own assumptions and way off base.
    I was at the game and yes i saw how he get injured,but you dont have to act like him as a captain

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Classic Roogsy.
    Yup. Logical fallacies will always be pointed out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spot on. And not just any wind, it's one of those weird winds you get blowing back towards the south stand that knocks hats off, effectively causing one to piss on one's face.

The best supporters in the MLS are strangely the ones that are most vocal about their rights and holding their FOs accountable. The atmosphere right now is more about the "boys on the field" (ugh), the atmosphere is and has been the only selling point in this clubs troubled history. You supporters hold the key to saving this club. Sometimes you need to pull over, turn that key to shut off the engine, and change a tire because the ride is getting uncomfortable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Toronto star :
    That's great and all, but that falls well short of proper reporting / coverage of what happened on the field. It's like if the cops showed up at my house and asked me if I knew anything about the dead body in my backyard, to which I responded "no" and that's that. The whole situation is dripping of details that are simply ignored or uncovered.

Case in point, Richard Eckersley is magically benched last week but Criag Forrest and Gerry Dobson are at a loss to explain it. Meanwhile Ives Galarcep and this entire board know he stormed off the field and blew off the coach when he tried to shake his hand the prior game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw the armband situation today from a very close position and I'd like to clarify what happened from my view. My seats are literally 8 rows behind the bench and we have a very clear vantage point. Torsten came over several times to try and come off, he talked to Winter and the trainer while on the field still. He VERY CLEARLY pointed to his collarbone and said the word BROKEN several times - essentially saying somethings broken. He threw the armband on the field because he wanted to get off quickly and was being held up by the ref and no one was coming over. He was hurt, needed to get off the field and was pissed off.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pot meet kettle.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Pot meet kettle.
    Yeah? Whose post did I mischaracterize?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting backing topic I heard several comments yesterday about what a shame it is to have Frings being wasted out here and that he may end his career on a low point such as TFC. I can't disagree. He's trying to do it all out there for us. He deserves better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting backing topic I heard several comments yesterday about what a shame it is to have Frings being wasted out here and that he may end his career on a low point such as TFC. I can't disagree. He's trying to do it all out there for us. He deserves better.
    Frings looks old and tired. A shell of what we say last season.

I'm wondering if this disaster continues if he just doesn't retire in the summer. I believe he has a post-playing job waiting for him at Werder Bremen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having Frings on the team just gives American fans another reason to hate us and gloat over our current misery, they're calling it karma

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    Having Frings on the team just gives American fans another reason to hate us and gloat over our current misery, they're calling it karma
    That's petty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's petty.
    if you think that's petty check out the comments section for any TFC piece over on soccer by ives

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This. This this this this this and this.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

strawman

I see your strawman and raise you a crux.

///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc2008 View Post
    I was at the game and yes i saw how he get injured,but you dont have to act like him as a captain
    Do you know how much pain he might have been in at that moment time? If he does in fact have a broken collar bone as has been discussed here, the man was in agony. Sure, it would have been better if he'd handed it to somebody but it didn't happen that way and I for one don't have any reason to be critical of the man. Hell, he might have just played ten minutes with a broken bloody collar bone!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I was just browsing through all #tfc tweets to see if there's any important news about TFC. I saw that Rocker posted this 4 hours ago:

Rocker ‏ @rockerTFC
    Just was standing in checkout line at the Longos at maple leaf square behind Torsten Frings!!! #TFC
    So if Torsten was shopping at Longos today, perhaps that means the injury didn't turn out to be too serious? I can't imagine going grocery shopping with a broken collarbone for example. Hopefully he's doing OK... I guess we will know Monday for sure.

Although, if the coach forced him to stay on yesterday despite Frings saying he's seriously injured & in pain -- that would be truly awful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Hmm, I was just browsing through all #tfc tweets to see if there's any important news about TFC. I saw that Rocker posted this 4 hours ago:

So if Torsten was shopping at Longos today, perhaps that means the injury didn't turn out to be too serious? I can't imagine going grocery shopping with a broken collarbone for example. Hopefully he's doing OK... I guess we will know Monday for sure.
    I hope you're right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So somebody who would prefer not to come forward, but has credibility with me, PMed to say that Frings was definitely not upset with Winter or management when he came off Saturday. The whole show of frustration was strictly about getting hurt again, and maybe general frustration with losing, but nothing specifically related to how mgmt handled him coming off.

Just thought I'd put that out there, given that I stirred the pot on that yesterday.
    Last edited by ensco; 05-07-2012 at 06:36 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”