Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Frings

A few facts:
    1. made a few mistakes after his return from injruy, including one that cost a goal, and another missed penalty kick.
    2. His mid-field skills and free kicks are definitely no David Beckham's.
    3. I dont understand what happened at today's game. he threw his captain band on the pitch, and walked out showing total disrespect to the game, to the referree, to the coach, to his sub, to his back-up captain, and to the fans. what was that all about?

and one kther thing... why is it that his interviews are all audio only? just curious....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Funny, regarding your third point, that really isn't the impression I got. Didn't he get injured again? I sensed it was frustration over that.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    A few facts:
    1. made a few mistakes after his return from injruy, including one that cost a goal, and another missed penalty kick.
    2. His mid-field skills and free kicks are definitely no David Beckham's.
    3. I dont understand what happened at today's game. he threw his captain band on the pitch, and walked out showing total disrespect to the game, to the referree, to the coach, to his sub, to his back-up captain, and to the fans. what was that all about?

and one kther thing... why is it that his interviews are all audio only? just curious....
    Collarbone injury that what happened today,he was in pain and wanted out,after ref did not stopped the game he kicked the ball out and went to the locker room.Previously he was already on the sideline and physiotherapist checked him,it was obvious he can not play like that.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldnt look to hard into him throwing the band down. The man is a legend and all class, I think its more fustration as getting re-injured and not being able to help the team is whats killing him. Also I dont think he is comfortable speaking English infront of a camera and he said he avoids media when possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Were you at the game Rudy? He was injured on one of our corners when a teammate crashed into him jamming his shoulder. It was obvious he'd been injured. It was replayed on the screens at least once. At the first opportunity, he was at the bench being looked at by the physio. He went back on for a few minutes to see how it was and then when it was obvious he couldn't continue, he booted the ball out of bounds and headed for the locker room asap with the physio immediately following.

Anybody who was watching the match would have seen all of this taking place. Your "facts" are your own assumptions and way off base.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i didn't know we could make things up and call them facts

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

... in addition, when he kicked the ball out there was a hurt DC player down on the pitch that a few DC players were pointing to

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Frings, but no way he can be pleased with his decision to pick this horrible organization for his move to North America. Why would anybody want to play here? Mention Toronto anywhere on the Continent and any reference to our pro clubs is coloured by derision, mockery, laughter insults. We are known as the worst city for being a pro sports fan, and it is mostly due to the ghosts of Harold Ballard, Steve Stavros and the current bag of human shit that runs mlse. Frings would probably leave if he could get out of his contract, and it is doubtful we will ever see another German player on this team anytime soon.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw McDonald bend his arm back, not unlike a rotator cuff tear ,...McDonald showed no class, to a vet, and off course the ref missed it.......the way he called the game, led to injuries.......his shoulder slumped,....AND THAT KILLS......he's still giving it his ask for a crap organization........don't shit on him, AND HE IS THE MAIN MAN TO COME OVER ADD ACKNOWLEDGE the fans.......shit on Mlse, Anselmi,, ...not the players,.....MLSE is left in corporate 50,s , which seems to exist esp in Toronto.......where money stagnates
    creativity,....tired of the old school
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two words:
    Ice. Packs.

All over his shoulder/collar bone. Frings is hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to stir the pot here. He's had enough. It's not the way he wanted to end his career, and who can blame him.

We may never see him play for us again. You heard it here first

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    i didn't know we could make things up and call them facts
    #1 and #2 are facts; can you dispute them? #3 - fact is i didnt know what had transpired, and i ASKED "what was this all about?" it appeared wrong that he threw his captain band and walked off the pitch, and i asked for clarification....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoGooner View Post

We may never see him play for us again. You heard it here first
    There is truth to this observation. I sense he likes the anonymity of playing here, likes our city ... but this is a waste of his time. Trade him to Chicago or something.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rudi,

As per The Star this morning...

Making matters worse for TFC, Torsten Frings left the game in the 67th minute after colliding with teammate Doneil Henry in the D.C. goalmouth on a corner kick and injuring his shoulder. He threw down the captain’s armband on the field when leaving.
    “I did not mean anything negative when I removed the armband,” Frings, who will be further evaluated, said in a statement post game. “I was in pain and had to leave the field for treatment.
    “I have too much respect for the club, my teammates and the position for it to mean anything else.”
    For what it's worth.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think his meaning of "club" might be different then Anselmi and MLSE's idea of what that means.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was at the game and when Frings came to the sideline to be checked out I saw him say "broken" and then they sent him back out! Shortly after that he walked off the field and right into the locker room. It was clear something was wrong and I think, yes he was frustrated he couldn't help his team being hurt and all, but at the same time I think he was pissed at the Coach for keeping him in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lazyjason View Post
    I was at the game and when Frings came to the sideline to be checked out I saw him say "broken" and then they sent him back out! Shortly after that he walked off the field and right into the locker room. It was clear something was wrong and I think, yes he was frustrated he couldn't help his team being hurt and all, but at the same time I think he was pissed at the Coach for keeping him in there.
    He was angry at being hurt thats for sure, he tried to stay on the pitch because he waved that he was gonna try and stay on........If he has a broken collar bone, then it is a very painful injury that hurts a lot when you move.......TFC and Frings have had nothing but bad luck this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lazyjason View Post
    i think that's exactly what happened. they tried to push to keep him there, and he got pisseed since he was in pain, and said f that, im walkin out. not cool.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think that's exactly what happened. they tried to push to keep him there, and he got pisseed since he was in pain, and said f that, im walkin out. not cool.

Stop exaggerating FFS,No one pushed him back,he was asked to stay a bit longer until change is ready.

Why people like to make the fucking stories out of nothing is beyond me.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Stop exaggerating FFS,No one pushed him back,he was asked to stay a bit longer until change is ready.

Why people like to make the fucking stories out of nothing is beyond me.
    Disagree with the all knowing tone of this. You wait until a change is ready if it's a minor knock. Not if the player is really hurt. So it's probably a sign/symptom of a communication problem, for sure. Is it more than that? You seem to be sure it's not. I don't know.

It was a pretty public display, he was pissed, it wasn't just the armband toss, when Frings put that ball out of touch to come off, it almost hit the Cinesphere. Then he stormed to the room. Nobody knows if it was just the situation, or something more, but there are reasons for wondering. Dero sure noticed it in his postgame comments.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Disagree with the all knowing tone of this. You wait until a change is ready if it's a minor knock. Not if the player is really hurt. So it's probably a sign/symptom of a communication problem, for sure. Is it more than that? You seem to be sure it's not. I don't know.

It was a pretty public display, he was pissed, it wasn't just the armband toss, when Frings put that ball out of touch to come off, it almost hit the Cinesphere. Then he stormed to the room. Nobody knows if it was just the situation, or something more, but there are reasons for wondering. Dero sure noticed it in his postgame comments.
    Toronto star :

Making matters worse for TFC, Torsten Frings left the game in the 67th minute after colliding with teammate Doneil Henry in the D.C. goalmouth on a corner kick and injuring his shoulder. He threw down the captain’s armband on the field when leaving.
    “I did not mean anything negative when I removed the armband,” Frings, who will be further evaluated, said in a statement post game. “I was in pain and had to leave the field for treatment.
    “I have too much respect for the club, my teammates and the position for it to mean anything else.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Toronto star :
    I saw that. I believe him.

But he doesn't address the actual question. The manager(s) are absent from his respect list.

He's a pro, he doesn't air laundry in public, so even if it were true, he would never say "I was pissed because they asked me to stay in for any time at all, despite the fact I told them I was really in pain". There is a lot of body language to support that. But who knows for sure.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But he doesn't address the actual question. He's a pro, he doesn't air laundry in public, so even if it were true, he would never say "I was pissed because they asked me to stay in for a few minutes despite the fact I told them I was seriously hurt". There is a lot of body language to support that. But who knows for sure.
    Unfortunately Ensco, they will only believe IF Frings ever comes out like Johnson and outright declares a mutiny. Only then will people believe, despite the fact that the signs are all over the place.

Remember my volcano analogy? Watch Dante's Peak again my man. We've got a whole lot of doubters still living life as if that big-ass volcano ain't about to explode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Frings has stayed longer than Laurent Robert or Olivier Teliby....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But he doesn't address the actual question. The manager(s) are absent from his respect list.

He's a pro, he doesn't air laundry in public, so even if it were true, he would never say "I was pissed because they asked me to stay in for any time at all, despite the fact I told them I was really in pain". There is a lot of body language to support that. But who knows for sure.
    Interesting. If he does have a real problem with Winter and staff, that will be dero first now Frings.

Btw: Is RPB planning anything to voice displeasure?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post
    Interesting. If he does have a real problem with Winter and staff, that will be dero first now Frings.

Frings doesn't score enough goals for the RPB to get pissed off at him. You've gotta be a league MVP to get on the RPB's bad side.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post

Are you? or is this it.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Just One Man View Post
    Frings doesn't score enough goals for the RPB to get pissed off at him. You've gotta be a league MVP to get on the RPB's bad side.
    Andy Iro. You're welcome.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Just One Man View Post

Any other moronic generalizations to add about RPB? Once you've extracted your head from your ass, please feel free to add something useful to the conversation.

Frings doesn't deserve criticism for getting frustrated. I feel for the guy, who came in and plays hard, is very professional and very classy, but is stuck in this shitbox of a situation. I bet he is regretting coming in here.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love to know the dynamic between a German legend like Frings (with a short fuse) and a Dutch management team. I'm sure we have a German or Dutch member who can expand on how the two peoples feel about each other, at least when it comes to football .