Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Postgame: DC 2- TFC 0 (this should be interesting)

here we go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really have huge amounts of respect for those that continue to go to the stadium and sing all match long. I don't know how you do it but I can't. It has become a one way street. We are getting NOTHING back from the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's left to be said that hasn't already been said?

Are there any MLS records of futility that TFC hasn't broken yet?

How much longer do we have to put up with this shite?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For a league that supposedly thrives on parity... we haven't fielded a competitive team in 6 years, and we haven't won a game this year. We are SHIT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the last major protest should have been about Anselmi and the whole MLSE executive staff, its the common denominator in the last 6 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dat sexy Ajax style football!!

also 0-8, TFC doesn't have to win any games and we can still break records like nobody's business!!

TFC!! TFC!! TFC!! TFC!! TFC!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nothing more to say really that hasn't already been said in countless other postgame threads. Other than the fact we now own another MLS record!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad , very sad and it looks like Frings will be out for a couple as well . Is it just me or doesn't Frings look to stiff and slow ? Can I go out on a limb and say that Frings will spend more time injured this season than games played ? Frings is to slow and to stiff . But seeing how we will be looking for a coach soon , perhaps we can give him that job ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaxul View Post
    I really have huge amounts of respect for those that continue to go to the stadium and sing all match long. I don't know how you do it but I can't. It has become a one way street. We are getting NOTHING back from the team.
    I completely agree.. it's almost to the point of being embarrassing to be a supporter. We've been abused so much I can't even sit anymore.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Vaseline giveaway at the stadium sums it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More bureaucracy than a government department.
    Some of the highest ticket prices in the league.
    Continued leadership or lackthereof from Day 1 staff that hold all the power.
    Increasingly disappointed fanbase
    No internal will to make real changes

That's all I can really say.

I can't blame the players, can't even blame Winter.

You could hire Jose Mourinho and this team wouldn't make playoffs.

Leadership starts at the top, not in the manager position, but the president's or chairman's position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by volunteer View Post
    dat sexy Ajax style football!!

also 0-8, TFC doesn't have to win any games and we can still break records like nobody's business!!

TFC!! TFC!! TFC!! TFC!! TFC!!

There are only two things that I hate, people that are intolerant of other people's cultures and the dutch!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    What's left to be said that hasn't already been said?

Are there any MLS records of futility that TFC hasn't broken yet?

How much longer do we have to put up with this shite?
    I think the question is, do they wait till the inevitable loss in the rematch in DC to fire Winter?
    cuz whoever the new coach ends up being, he would have a near impossible task starting on a winning note in DC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tough for spot MLSE. They came into the season promising stability and claiming the merry-go-round days were over.

Winter and co. didn't do enough in the off season to fix this team. The CB problem was never dealt with properly. They overpaid to get Plata back. Their two DP superstars are showing their age by being constantly injured. JDG sucks. The young players suddenly don't look ready this year. No one on the team can score.

I don't know how to fix this.

Do MLSE admit that Winter is the next Ruud Guillit like Alan Gordon claimed?
    Do they ship him out and give the reigns to Mariner to end the backroom power struggle that's been widly reported?

What a mess. What's clear is this season is over and yet again they need a "new direction" for next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I truly hope that a new/interim coach is on the sidelines on Wednesday, if for no other reason than to energize the club. The CCL is our only hope now that the regular season is officially a write off.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 05-05-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All i wanna know is if Trane threw his kit on the pitch..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go Vancover ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    They overpaid to get Plata back.
    Care to share how much he is getting paid this season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I think the last major protest should have been about Anselmi and the whole MLSE executive staff, its the common denominator in the last 6 years.
    Definitely Anselmi..not sure if Paul Bierne should go because he has nothing to do with the on field product.... but definitely Anselmi should bare responsibility of two disaster football operations on his watch.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but last week when interviewed, Anselmi speaking about Winter and the problems etc. said "they'll" have to fix this.

Note the word "they" vs. "we". Interesting turn of phrase Tom.. I guess it isn't your responsibility, huh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QSIM View Post
    For a league that supposedly thrives on parity... we haven't fielded a competitive team in 6 years, and we haven't won a game this year. We are SHIT.
    Exactly, all the other teams have improved and its like TFC dont have to compete against them every year. They never evaluate the players correctly. Like you said, in a league where you literally dont have to scout to build depth(because of the MLS Draft) they can't even find enough players that can play at the MLS level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nestease View Post
    I dont have the link but it was said to be 500k fee to bring him hear(not salary).

Edit: Here is the link http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...s-transfer-fee
    Last edited by Richard; 05-05-2012 at 05:24 PM.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here ya go, Mr. Winter. All your luggage packed and ready to go. Did a bit of a clean up of your old apartment as well. You'll find your tickets in the small black carry-on bag. It...ummm...well it's there somewhere. Anyway, have a good flight and be sure to send me a postcard when you land at Schiphol.

Now, as for you Mr. Anselmi...
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500k to sign him. It's been in a ton of recent media articles lately.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plata never has less then 3 touches. But, he has a bad 3rd touch and when he occasionally doesn't, his 4th touch will definitely let him down.

Running after the defender who now has the ball is Plata's version of a 5th touch.

He can't cross and he won't pass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I dont have the link but it was said to be 500k fee to bring him hear(not salary).
    MLSE can afford it. What matters is what counts against the cap. I think some of you think this guy is making 100+ this season, because he is not. Even after his new contract, he is still one of the lowest paid players on this team. It will all come out when the salaries are disclosed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaxul View Post
    That's exactly how I felt after the Chicago game, and for me that was my last game I will attend this season until something big happens, not simply firing Winter. He will be the scapegoat and again people will get hope that something will be different after all these years, when in fact it is MLSE that is the problem, not the many coaches who have tried to turn this team around. It is not a coincidence all the coaches have failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE can afford it. What matters is what counts against the cap. I think some of you think this guy is making 100+ this season, because he is not. Even after his new contract, he is still one of the lowest paid players on this team. It will all come out when the salaries are disclosed.
    Transfer fees count towards the cap actually, in this case its spread out over the length of the contract.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something has to change. The coach has to understand that every time he shuffles different players into the same system it results into, well, the same bad result. I'm sure after years of development through a youth system and several major type promotions from the youth system into the first team having played that way for years, THEN we'll be able to attempt to run with this style. But asking MLS quality players to play a system they've practically never done and roughly only 2 players (both hurt) having grown up with it, just isn't working. You'd think that Mariner would have a chat to say "hey buddy, try something a weee bit different next time". Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result?

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've got nothing left. 0-8...

The playoff promise is laughable. The man is deluded.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    That's exactly how I felt after the Chicago game, and for me that was my last game I will attend this season until something big happens, not simply firing Winter. He will be the scapegoat and again people will get hope that something will be different after all these years, when in fact it is MLSE that is the problem, not the many coaches who have tried to turn this team around. It is not a coincidence all the coaches have failed.
    Anselmi aint going anywhere,MLSE has big plans for him,he may get Peddie's job.