Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    For those here that want to keep Winter, how long do you think he should have? At what point will you deem that stability under Winter is not working and it is time for a change?
    The how long question sits over any manager baring a very few living legends.

The answer is when its best for the team as a whole, both in the long and the short term.

I don't think its now.

Among other things because I don't think the current leadership of Anselmi has any long term vision and because we have been hamstrung by decisions by Mo and Cochrane - the salary issues are not going to change if we change managers.

I don't put too much stock in what Johnston said. He doesn't like the approach but he's not in the defence feeling the heat of not being able to get the job done. He's a striker who likes to get the ball at his feet and go - CA is not what he likes. That's how strikers talk in meetings and how they think.

I do put a lot of stock in the fact that he did say it publicly. There is now an obvious divide in the dressing room.

JDG hinted at a good point. If we were in a relegation situation, we'd have some hope still.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spot on, you didn't attack anyone. I guess your not allowed to ask someone to justify their position.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still have Faith. I will be there Wednesday night to support my team no matter what. I encourage everyone who considers themselves a supporter to do the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe supporter groups need to be unified and tell TFC Management and MLSE (Tom Anselmi) ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. We have to say this is OUR CLUB not MLSE's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Ok. Seriously. I give up. I can't be a TFC supporter anymore. If you guys want to justify keeping a guy who's just made TFC break an all time record LOW in the league, then fine.

I quit. I'm honestly not coming to another TFC game until Winter is no longer manager.

Goodbye for now.
    Ok bye.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    For those here that want to keep Winter, how long do you think he should have? At what point will you deem that stability under Winter is not working and it is time for a change?
    I've posted elsewhere that some people want him to see out the season. But to your point I think many will conceded that if we clunk out of the Vcup we will have nothing but a win or MLS standings to play for. Some people will wait for half a season.

Just like some people were ready to dismiss Winter before a game was played.

Both "sides" have different limits to their patience.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    hahahahahahahaha you fucking kill me!

Its got to be him, who else, lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    This is not asking this is attacking and border line trolling.
    I'll apologise now, for sure.

But also you have to realise that I'd just come back from the game, upset as hell. I was pee'd off the most that a lot of the fans clapped the TFC players off the pitch, even though they had just created a new record (low) in the MLS. I don't, personally, think that clapping them off was justified, and it just wound up the fans who want change and don't think losing 8 games straight is a clap-able/cheerable event.

Sometimes Canadian's are FAR too polite for their own good! Or maybe, Toronto sports fans are just too polite? I don't think I could name another sports team in the league/world that would still cheer off their players after creating a league record low.

I get clapping the effort of the players, I really do. But there is a point where you can't stand by and politely clap, even though the players clearly are trying. Sometimes trying isn't enought to justify a cheer.

I apologise for being angry and attacking, but I won't apologise for being a passionate soccer fan. I hope that's ok?

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were all emotional, it not a worry.

But I can tell you after talking with some of the players, they need a lift. Wednesday night everyone needs to bring it for them. There is no way I want Montreal to come into that stadium and take us out of that competition.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    We were all emotional, it not a worry.

But I can tell you after talking with some of the players, they need a lift. Wednesday night everyone needs to bring it for them. There is no way I want Montreal to come into that stadium and take us out of that competition.
    Agreed, but I don't think its us fans who can do this lifting, in this instance. Heopfully I will be in a better mood by Wednesday cos I obviously DO want to be there to cheer them on - I just have to lift myself to do it first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE - get the fuck out!
    MLSE - get the fuck out!
    MLSE - get the fuck out!

I feel for the players cause it looks like most of them give a shit - too bad our owners are a bunch of twats! That includes the FO and Cochrane.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    I think Ryan Johnson's post-game interview spoke volumes. Winter has clearly lost the dressing room. I just don't see how he can be kept on the way things are going. Motivation and morale are at an all-time low.
    A lot of people have been highlighting Johnson's post-game comments and making this point.. but, I've always found myself very annoyed with Johnson, on the pitch, when things aren't going his way -- he's a big sulk and will dig into the players around him, though not in any way motivationally.

After a loss like that, he's not someone I would go to for a balanced view on the state of the dressing room, to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. Seriously. I give up. I can't be a TFC supporter anymore. If you guys want to justify keeping a guy who's just made TFC break an all time record LOW in the league, then fine.

I quit. I'm honestly not coming to another TFC game until Winter is no longer manager.

Goodbye for now.
    I want to give up on this club so fucking bad, but I just cannot. BUT FUCK TO I WANT TO. This keep winter shit, and the ridiculous, reasoning, behind it, is way to much.

Stability means doing the same. What are we doing now? Losing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^

I've never known such a polarising time in TFC's history!

We are all either in one camp or the other, nobody is in between. In TFC's past we've all either hated the coach, or loved them for periods of time.

For the sake of the club and the supporters, I hope something gets sorted out quickly, otherwise the in fighting in the fans will get worse and worse. I'm not sure the FO realise just how separated some of the fans are right now.

I'm just watching Blackburn fans throw things towards Steve Kean after taking them to relgation tonight. If we were in any other league other than the MLS, this would already be happening at TFC. We are VERY lucky we don't have relegation in this league! And Aron Winter should realised just how lucky he is that he's in the MLS and not in mostly any other league in the world right now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^

I've never known such a polarising time in TFC's history!

We are all either in one camp or the other, nobody is in between. In TFC's past we've all either hated the coach, or loved them for periods of time.

For the sake of the club and the supporters, I hope something gets sorted out quickly, otherwise the in fighting in the fans will get worse and worse. I'm not sure the FO realise just how separated some of the fans are right now.

I'm just watching Blackburn fans throw things towards Steve Kean after taking them to relgation tonight. If we were in any other league other than the MLS, this would already be happening at TFC. We are VERY lucky we don't have relegation in this league! And Aron Winter should realised just how lucky he is that he's in the MLS and not in mostly any other league in the world right now!
    The behavior of the Blackburn fans was pathetic in my view. The team needed to win to stay in the EPL and if ever they needed the fans support it was the game today, yet most of the game they spent their time singing anti Keane songs instead of getting behind the players. There is a time and place to vocalize your discontent but not getting behind your players when they are giving 100% is not that time? After the game is over demonstrate all you want.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    The behavior of the Blackburn fans was pathetic in my view. The team needed to win to stay in the EPL and if ever they needed the fans support it was the game today, yet most of the game they spent their time singing anti Keane songs instead of getting behind the players. There is a time and place to vocalize your discontent but not getting behind your players when they are giving 100% is not that time? After the game is over demonstrate all you want.
    This is the way I see it too.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree or disagree with Johnson's point of view, speaking like this to the media is extremely selfish and unprofessional, and this is the kind of thing that can kill team morale (if we had any) and kill ANY manager when things aren't going well. Whatever happens with management, we need to get rid of him and replace him with someone who will fight WITH their team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    Look into it a bit further and I think you'll find BRFC fans would be fine with relegation if they could get the corrupt owners, crooked agency and puppet manager out. What has happened to that club is shameful, and worse than even the worst of MoJo conspiracy theories. Staying up and doing it again for another year is hardly the solution. (and I don't like them)

In this case with TFC, I really think that everyone involved has tried to do the right thing, and desperately wants the club to succeed. Bad luck and varying levels of ineptitude have prevented that. I see no reason not to continue supporting the club and players on the pitch as ever, however I fully reserve the right to employ gallows humour as we set new records of futility.

I'd tend to give Winter until August. See what happens.. With 1/4 of the season over, there's nothing to lose now and you never know, he might turn it around.Just make sure any new management, if still needed, is in place with at least a half dozen games left to evaluate players and have a FULL off season rto recruit.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't want TFC to hit the reset button again. It's too much. If anything, they should slash the season ticket price by 15%. That would be truly something for the fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't, personally, think that clapping them off was justified, and it just wound up the fans who want change and don't think losing 8 games straight is a clap-able/cheerable event.
    What would you prefer? Dead silence? That would be hilariously awkward. Uh... Let's start booing them off the field. That'll help turn things around! Can we throw hotdogs at them, too?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    What would you prefer? Dead silence? That would be hilariously awkward. Uh... Let's start booing them off the field. That'll help turn things around! Can we throw hotdogs at them, too?

Do you really think clapping a team who just broke a LEAGUE RECORD for worst start to a season EVER is a good thing? Really?

Dead silence would have been MUCH louder than the pathetic clapping, to be honest!

I don't get TFC fans right now, I really don't!

YES, I would have LOVED dead silence on Saturday! And Winter and TFC thoroughly DESERVE to feel awkward.

Man, Canadian's are so polite! Woohoo, a man just robbed me, I'll cheer him as he runs away with my stuff! The bank just overcharged me, I'll give them a standing ovation and offer to give them more money! Well don, TFC, clap clap clap, you just created a league record! Congratulations to you all!

Sarcasm OVER.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of sarcasm, maybe they were sarcastic claps!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of sarcasm, maybe they were sarcastic claps!
    I'm right in the middle of 112, and it didn't seem sarcastic to me. I didn't get it if it was meant sarcastically? And I'm the king of sarcasm!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The king of sarcasm missed my sarcasm? The King is dead. Long live the King.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The king of sarcasm missed my sarcasm? The King is dead. Long live the King.

Sorry, I don't get it?!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm right in the middle of 112, and it didn't seem sarcastic to me. I didn't get it if it was meant sarcastically? And I'm the king of sarcasm!
    The clapping wasn't sarcastic. Most everything else I heard in 112 and beyond was. It was one of the most unhappy games I've been to. Not the worst mind you, but one of the most unhappy. I'm not sure why people feel the need to unite to make it a terrible experience. They're already in the majority so....enjoy(?) it.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER