Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Letter to TFC fans

This was posted by "will" in another thread but it deserves a thread of its own

https://www.yousendit.com/download/M...en_US&s=301019

Open letter to TFC fans
    Subject: If we loose game tonight please don't ask for heads to roll.
    I am a passionate TFC fan. From last 3 weeks I have been thinking -What's going on with my club?
    What I can do to help and why?

What's going on with my club?
    Current situation: This is season 6 with 7 losses on trot in MSL.
    Reasonable Possibility: Out of playoff.
    Bonus: Technically, its possible to get into playoff with solid performance in rest of the season.

I can see all the guys (players and coaches) are trying their best to change the tide but some how its nothappening.

Historically, how TFC has been managed:

I have observed a trend when team starts loosing fans get charged up and starts asking for replacementof a player or coach and MLSE respond to that call. After season 4, MLSE started rebuilding TFCfrom scratch (arguable). We got some exciting performances but 0-7 record has raised those voicesagain. If this keeps going then MLSE may perform another act of shuffle. I call this trend a “TorontoShuffle”.

In this Toronto Shuffle (TS) there has been 2 things constant. Acts of MLSE top management andToronto fans. Together we have changed whole roster and set of coaching staff many times in 5 yearsbut payoff is still in doldrums.
    Don't you think its time to make changes in these 2 constant acts before we perform another TorontoShuffle?
    As a fan we can't do much with MLSE top management. Its a boardroom game plus its harder to dothat. But its easier to make changes in our attitude/approach towards our beloved TFC.

Why we (fans) need to change?

• In first 4 years TFC did not had vision and a plan to achieve long term success and exciting
      football.
    • Now we have that in terms of academy and style of play which will be the identity of our city.
    • Rome wasn't built in a year. It takes time to build something new from scratch but easy to
      destroy via TS.
    • The plan we all believed in at the beginning of season 5 has come a long way. It needs to
      nurture together and fill in few gaps for this season at least (if possible then next season too).
      Otherwise, we will be back to square one.
    • Plan is not bad. Its about how it gets executed and team needs time to learn the art of executing
      TOGETHER. We have seen some exciting games against good teams in the past. That giveshope that we are on right direction. All we (fans) need to be patient and support our TFCTOGETHER.
      Its a young team. Need time to become a winning team and we can help by being patient andgive them reasonable time to achieve results.

Being a passionate fan, its hard to be patient but victory never comes easy.So dig in guys... for the TEAM.

With this approach i feel lot better. My blood pressure is not racing to the extent of getting a heartstroke. Only worried about Toronto Shuffle. That will destroy my 1 and a half years of wait for anothershort term vision which for sure will not last as history has taught us that there are no short cuts in life.
      I don't mean to offend anyone. My only purpose is to see TFC as a winning and exciting team. If i haveto wait for this plan to work for another year or two I'll do that willingly for a change than to performanother “Toronto Shuffle”.
      Good Luck...

Disclaimer:
      I am not a journalist or anything like that. I am just a TFC fan who shared his feelings with TFC fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is exactly how I feel. If top management pulls the cord on the Winter I'm out. I'm a SSH and I'm not interested in another reset. I think we have the team and I think AW and BD are doing the right things.

This season so far we've had to live through:

Starting the year with:
    1) 3 defenders (approx $300k in salary cap room) on the DL recovering from injuries
    2) 1 "savior" defender walk away
    3) 1 "savior" defender turn out to be a bust
    4) 1 DP start the season out of shape

Then the season starts and:
    1) Frings hurt
    2) Danny K hurt
    3) Frei out for the year
    4) Soolsma out

So we've had some shitty luck but I still have faith. I think today is going to be a tough match and I have faith in a win or tie.

To all of you that are calling for a coaching change please think back to all the other times the "supporter" groups have called for a change and look where it's got us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice try Winter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    This was posted by "will" in another thread but it deserves a thread of its own

https://www.yousendit.com/download/M...en_US&s=301019

Open letter to TFC fans
    Subject: If we loose game tonight please don't ask for heads to roll.
    I am a passionate TFC fan. From last 3 weeks I have been thinking -What's going on with my club?

What's going on with my club?
    Current situation: This is season 6 with 7 losses on trot in MSL.
    Reasonable Possibility: Out of playoff.
    Bonus: Technically, its possible to get into playoff with solid performance in rest of the season.

I can see all the guys (players and coaches) are trying their best to change the tide but some how its nothappening.

Historically, how TFC has been managed:

I have observed a trend when team starts loosing fans get charged up and starts asking for replacementof a player or coach and MLSE respond to that call. After season 4, MLSE started rebuilding TFCfrom scratch (arguable). We got some exciting performances but 0-7 record has raised those voicesagain. If this keeps going then MLSE may perform another act of shuffle. I call this trend a “TorontoShuffle”.

In this Toronto Shuffle (TS) there has been 2 things constant. Acts of MLSE top management andToronto fans. Together we have changed whole roster and set of coaching staff many times in 5 yearsbut payoff is still in doldrums.
    Don't you think its time to make changes in these 2 constant acts before we perform another TorontoShuffle?
    As a fan we can't do much with MLSE top management. Its a boardroom game plus its harder to dothat. But its easier to make changes in our attitude/approach towards our beloved TFC.

Why we (fans) need to change?

• In first 4 years TFC did not had vision and a plan to achieve long term success and exciting
      football.
    • Now we have that in terms of academy and style of play which will be the identity of our city.
    • Rome wasn't built in a year. It takes time to build something new from scratch but easy to
      destroy via TS.
    • The plan we all believed in at the beginning of season 5 has come a long way. It needs to
      nurture together and fill in few gaps for this season at least (if possible then next season too).
      Otherwise, we will be back to square one.
    • Plan is not bad. Its about how it gets executed and team needs time to learn the art of executing
      TOGETHER. We have seen some exciting games against good teams in the past. That giveshope that we are on right direction. All we (fans) need to be patient and support our TFCTOGETHER.
      Its a young team. Need time to become a winning team and we can help by being patient andgive them reasonable time to achieve results.

Being a passionate fan, its hard to be patient but victory never comes easy.So dig in guys... for the TEAM.

With this approach i feel lot better. My blood pressure is not racing to the extent of getting a heartstroke. Only worried about Toronto Shuffle. That will destroy my 1 and a half years of wait for anothershort term vision which for sure will not last as history has taught us that there are no short cuts in life.
      I don't mean to offend anyone. My only purpose is to see TFC as a winning and exciting team. If i haveto wait for this plan to work for another year or two I'll do that willingly for a change than to performanother “Toronto Shuffle”.
      Good Luck...

Disclaimer:
      I am not a journalist or anything like that. I am just a TFC fan who shared his feelings with TFC fans.

Good , Better, or Best?

Can I get some thoughts on each?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. We need to stay the course. Teamwork is all about sticking together.

Everyone is frustrated with the recent results but we need to stick behind the team. With hard work and determination we will improve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

loose (x)
    lose (o)

Grammar nazis unite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why isn't this "plan" just more of the Toronto Shuffle? What is it, really, they started an academy? Doesn't every team in this league have one by now? Isn't this just normal operating procedure being dressed up as something special?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we lose tonight I won't start to ask for heads to roll.

I've been asking for them to roll for sometime. I started a while ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Win or lose I just wanna see a team that plays good soccer. I am very happy with the way is performing. It's sas the results aren't there to support the quality of soccer we are playing but it's ions better than previous years. Tough luck

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This looks like a "Keep Winter" thread. You're all free to disagree but there are multiple other threads going that want to see him go.

This thread is a refreshing change.

Let's keep it civil.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you. I'd like to echo this sentiment.
    As much as it pains me to say, we can't continue down the road of clearing house and starting again!!!!!
    However if we do have ownershisp change I think it would be acceptable to the point of dropping some useless cb's and mid's.

At the moment we need to be playing a 4-4-2 our midfield keeps getting destroyed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to burst a few bubbles, but stability doesn't come simply by allowing someone to sit in the same chair for a long time, it comes from success, results, and progress. We have nothing in any of those categories.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Far too many people do not get what a reset now will mean.

After years of having 1 player up front to chase and hope, we finally have a team that has the ability to get the ball into attacking positions with multiple players in the attacking zone.

We can not finish. Its beyond obvious. We are absolutely horrible in front of the net.

Change that, somehow, and this experiment will move forward.

Blow it all up and we will not make the playoffs next season. Under a new approach, we may make the playoffs in 2014. But we will not move forward consistently to challenge.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The people who want to keep winter must be totally insane. Please go check into a hospital immediately, you need serious help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I hate to burst a few bubbles, but stability doesn't come simply by allowing someone to sit in the same chair for a long time, it comes from success, results, and progress. We have nothing in any of those categories.
    We have actually regressed since last season. When Frings showed up we got on a decent roll, and we played much better last season than any game I have seen this season with the exception of Santos Laguna at home, and the first half of Santos away.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Progress has many different meanings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I think that makes it far too simple. There is a lot more wrong with this team than simply finishing in front of the net.

There are plenty of teams around the league who play decent football. We have to get off this idea that somehow Aron Winter is the only hope for a decent brand of football. That simply isn't true.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Far too many people do not get what a reset now will mean.

After years of having 1 player up front to chase and hope, we finally have a team that has the ability to get the ball into attacking positions with multiple players in the attacking zone.

We can not finish. Its beyond obvious. We are absolutely horrible in front of the net.

Change that, somehow, and this experiment will move forward.

Blow it all up and we will not make the playoffs next season. Under a new approach, we may make the playoffs in 2014. But we will not move forward consistently to challenge.
    you are clearly watching a different game to me. We hardly created a chance all game. It took until the 86th minute for any TFC player to get into a decent position to score....and then it was offside!

That was another truly pathetic showing form Winter's side today. We NEVER looked like winning and we NEVER looked like scoring. All the players have no confidence, and its showing brutaly. Winter need to go NOW.

The people in the supporters sections who CLAPPED the players at the end of the game are crazy. How can you possibly support that team right now?

I BOO'd and I'm proud to have done it.

Winter OUT.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    The people who want to keep winter must be totally insane. Please go check into a hospital immediately, you need serious help.
    I realise that the internet is filled with black and white positions but can we at least not call fellow supporters who want the best for our team insane?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I realise that the internet is filled with black and white positions but can we at least not call fellow supporters who want the best for our team insane?
    are you saying that keeping Winter is BEST for our team?

How can you possibly even say that? Please justify it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NoNameboys View Post
    Nice try Winter.
    hahahahahahahaha you fucking kill me!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do not come into this thread to attack people, no matter what you think of their position. Let those who want to keep Winter have their thread.

[note: I'm only posting here for moderation purposes]

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm saying people who support this team but disagree with you should not be called insane.

And......we want what is best and will hope for what is better. If you want to twist it another way, meh...........

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Do not come into this thread to attack people, no matter what you think of their position. Let those who want to keep Winter have their thread.

[note: I'm only posting here for moderation purposes]
    I don't see how I'm attacking anybody?

I'm just asking people to reasonably justify keeping winter?

Also, I DO support this team. I just can't support Winter! I think its possible to support the team but not support winter.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see how I'm attacking anybody?

I'm just asking people to reasonably justify keeping winter?

Also, I DO support this team. I just can't support Winter! I think its possible to support the team but not support winter.
    This is not asking this is attacking and border line trolling.

Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. Seriously. I give up. I can't be a TFC supporter anymore. If you guys want to justify keeping a guy who's just made TFC break an all time record LOW in the league, then fine.

I quit. I'm honestly not coming to another TFC game until Winter is no longer manager.

Goodbye for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those here that want to keep Winter, how long do you think he should have? At what point will you deem that stability under Winter is not working and it is time for a change?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think Ryan Johnson's post-game interview spoke volumes. Winter has clearly lost the dressing room. I just don't see how he can be kept on the way things are going. Motivation and morale are at an all-time low.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. Seriously. I give up. I can't be a TFC supporter anymore. If you guys want to justify keeping a guy who's just made TFC break an all time record LOW in the league, then fine.

I quit. I'm honestly not coming to another TFC game until Winter is no longer manager.

Goodbye for now.
    People generally find that when they acknowledge their own ability to make a mistake and just go, "Ok, okay, sorry about that, I was wrong," people respect them more and they have happier lives. Humility embiggens the biggest Simpsons fan, as it were.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what do you tell the people who want a manager merry-go-round that has resulted in a total of 0 playoff appearances?

you are clearly watching a different game to me. We hardly created a chance all game. It took until the 86th minute for any TFC player to get into a decent position to score....and then it was offside!

That was another truly pathetic showing form Winter's side today. We NEVER looked like winning and we NEVER looked like scoring. All the players have no confidence, and its showing brutaly. Winter need to go NOW.

The people in the supporters sections who CLAPPED the players at the end of the game are crazy. How can you possibly support that team right now?

I BOO'd and I'm proud to have done it.

Winter OUT.
    if you are that upset, why don't you sell your tickets then? or make a statement that means something...in M£$€'s pockets