Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Time is up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To the FO and owners of MLSE:

Get yer fuckin' shit together!!

We have suffered enough BS over the past 6 years. Please, i'm begging just make it right and give us fans something to cheer about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe Earl is still sore that we got rid of Sturgis so quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Aron Winter, I demand your resignation.

You have been nothing short of an embarrassment, and you have divided this fan-base like no other coach before you. Not even Mo.

We don't want you.

Go away.

-Ian Bailey. SSH since 2007. section 112 (2 seats)

And then started again with someone new no fucking players have to leave when you cant play soccer are you dont understand the game dont be a soccer player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather have Anselmi be fired this time (especially if the rumors that he is making decisions without winter and mariner knowing about it are true) as he seems to be undermining the people he's placed in charge and is the one constant in this 6 year god damn mess. I really think there is a lot behind the scenes that we are not privy to. It seems like the souring of the club is coming from the top each and every time.

KEEP WINTER. FIRE ANSELMI. AND LET THE NEW CHIEF ASSESS WHEN WINTERS CONTRACT IS EXPIRED.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    To the FO and owners of MLSE:

Get yer fuckin' shit together!!

We have suffered enough BS over the past 6 years. Please, i'm begging just make it right and give us fans something to cheer about.
    First person to successfully unfurl a banner with the below message gets a case of beer:

Last edited by Code Red; 05-04-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regardless of where you sit on the Winter position I think it's best that TFC/MLSE resolve the Earl Cochrane issue first. Asking for Anselmi to leave is just wishful thinking but I'd happy if we made some progress on shedding the dead weight from the FO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Is that still true? Only thing I found that says that is this story, which predates the Sturgis trade and the Dero/ Celtic fiasco, both of which Cochrane owns

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/johnm...-fcs-nose.html
    He recently re-tweeted that article, so he must still believe in it. From April 22 2012:

John Molinaro ‏ @JohnMolinaro
    . @jasondevos Cochrane as GM? I called for it two years ago! http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/johnm...-fcs-nose.html
    I have no freaking clue who is in charge of what at TFC, who to blame for what, etc., so I have absolutely no clue what I would want. I mean, a few things are clear, and there are surely problems with some of AW's on-field decisions & strategies. And who knows how accurate the Duane Rollins' blog post from yesterday is. But I would bet there's plenty of crap going on behind the scenes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Deceive, Inveigle, Obfuscate."

Let it all go to hell, the man still cant coach, whatever else is happening. Let them all go and make Frings player-coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, if this last five years has all been a result of Cochrane's hissy fit for not getting the job, it needs to be made plain that we dont want him filling any vacancies he's actively been making vacant.

The job is poison to him now, the fans should not accept this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe instead of a fire Winter TIFO we should go forward with a Anselmi + Cochrane = Common Denominator TIFO. Although I'm sure somebody else could come up with a another way to get that message across more succinctly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lets pay one of them airplane banner flyer thingers to loop the stadium during a whole match with a message of whatever we want. they can't make us take that down.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    To be honest, if this last five years has all been a result of Cochrane's hissy fit for not getting the job, it needs to be made plain that we dont want him filling any vacancies he's actively been making vacant.

The job is poison to him now, the fans should not accept this.
    Oh but many will... With a smile and a thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Maybe instead of a fire Winter TIFO we should go forward with a Anselmi + Cochrane = Common Denominator TIFO. Although I'm sure somebody else could come up with a another way to get that message across more succinctly.
    yes Anselmi + Cochrane = Common Denominator TIFO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cathal Kelly decides, on balance, he prefers access, so rather than be direct with his shots, he does kind of an interesting job of pretending to admire Anselmi while slyly jabbing him

http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer...mlse-boss-says
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cathal Kelly decides, on balance, he prefers access, so rather than be direct with his shots, he does kind of an interesting job of pretending to admire Anselmi while slyly jabbing him

Lots of nice sarcastic shots at Anselmi there.

I like this though:

“There’s still, what, 80 per cent of the season remaining,” Anselmi said. That’s also true. But there’s a reason they call elections long before every single vote is counted — because what comes before tends to predict with some statistical accuracy what comes afterward. Seven losses does not suggest the beginning of a winning streak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This seems like the common ground that all of us can agree on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    This was supposed to be included in my last post^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Oh but many will... With a smile and a thanks!

I think that you might be mistaken on this. I think on this board at least that their is a big undercurrent of disdain towards these guys. I think it might be the only thing that most of the group could agree on....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But no one really runs the team: "The authority to fire Winter rests with him, based on his recommendation to the MLSE board." It's easy to imagine this board saying, sure, you can fire him but you can't spend any money on another coach as long as we're paying that contract. So, yeah, he hasn't " explored any external options (though, of course, he has a small supply of internal ones)." Does he really have external options?

But it's this kind of stuff that's so worrisome: “They’re trying to affect the way the game is played in North America. They have really interesting, lofty, long-term goals. The league is applauding what they’re trying to do,” Anselmi said.

Not in Toronto, not in Ontario, not even in Canada (of course, MLSE would want their team to be "Canada's team" forget the other teams) but the whole of North America. What gives MLSE the idea that of every soccer organization in North America the one in last place should be the one, "trying to affect the way the game is played."

Just win one game, okay? Let's start with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only three wins in a row will right this ship. One win, Winter's stay of execution. Two wins, players feel better but it doesn't mean much. Three wins, then we can legitimately blame the bounces.

I don't see this happening.

0 - 8 and the only thing we'll be discussing is the percentage discount that it will take for me to buy into a seventh year of season tickets. 10% no. 15% no'ish. 20% maybe. 25% you're getting there. 50% sold, and I'll snag another ticket.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post

But it's this kind of stuff that's so worrisome: “They’re trying to affect the way the game is played in North America. They have really interesting, lofty, long-term goals. The league is applauding what they’re trying to do,” Anselmi said.
    Notice the razzle dazzle with the "they" stuff again. He's pushing that hard, over and over.

If there's one thing we can do here, it's get the journos to notice, and call this out. It's unconscionable.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Notice the razzle dazzle with the "they" stuff again. He's pushing that hard, over and over.

If there's one thing we can do here, it's get the journos to notice, and call this out. It's unconscionable.

Agree completely! "They're" when things are not going well... and "we're" when things are. This guy is a back stabber to the n'th degree and will throw anyone under the bus to save his job.

The guy is completely slimy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the question to Aron Winter would be:

"In reference to a quote in Mr. Kelly's article, Tom Anselmi referred to the team's plan as distinctly separate from his work at Toronto FC, using the words "They are" to describe the clubs direction. The exact quote is: "They're trying to affect the way the game is played in North America;" How do you feel about being seen as entirely separate of the higher ups, and more importantly, do you feel comfortable with Mr. Ansemi distancing himself already in case things do not work out this season?"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess a follow up would be:

"Are you willing to assume full responsibility of this team and let the failures of other people in this organization go ignored?"

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's slime and then portrays himself as a "handshake" kind of businessman. That's BS or the DeRo drama would never have happened.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    He's slime and then portrays himself as a "handshake" kind of businessman. That's BS or the DeRo drama would never have happened.
    I missed that when I first read the article. Dero will see that in his morning paper on gameday. Great.

I wonder what Adrian Cann thinks of that line.

We are going to get killed tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    So the question to Aron Winter would be:

"In reference to a quote in Mr. Kelly's article, Tom Anselmi referred to the team's plan as distinctly separate from his work at Toronto FC, using the words "They are" to describe the clubs direction. The exact quote is: "They're trying to affect the way the game is played in North America;" How do you feel about being seen as entirely separate of the higher ups, and more importantly, do you feel comfortable with Mr. Ansemi distancing himself already in case things do not work out this season?"
    Or maybe the question to Aron could be something about how far down his list of priorities is TFC winning a few games?

All this ridiculous talk of "affecting the way the game is played in North America," is embarrassing. It's as if someone took an OHL coach to Holland and said he was going to affect the way hockey is played in Europe.

Sure, the "we/they" stuff is important in terms of team structure and goes a long way to explain why the team has no leadership and is in last place, but can Aron Winter really believe he was hired to show everyone in North America how it should be done? And let's not forget, that includes Mexico.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I missed that when I first read the article. Dero will see that in his morning paper on gameday. Great.

I wonder what Adrian Cann thinks of that line.

We are going to get killed tomorrow.
    I dread to think what kind of victory celebrations we'll be having should we hold them off 0-0.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Agree completely! "They're" when things are not going well... and "we're" when things are. This guy is a back stabber to the n'th degree and will throw anyone under the bus to save his job.

The guy is completely slimy.
    That's the MLSE way though. They hire GM's / Coach's and then when things inevitably go south they fire them and replace them - without taking any responsibility whatsoever. Who has been fired from MLSE for the Leaf's failures, or the Raptor's failures, or TFC's failures? The scapegoats. They have it setup so they keep their jobs no matter what.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Or maybe the question to Aron could be something about how far down his list of priorities is TFC winning a few games?

All this ridiculous talk of "affecting the way the game is played in North America," is embarrassing. It's as if someone took an OHL coach to Holland and said he was going to affect the way hockey is played in Europe.

Sure, the "we/they" stuff is important in terms of team structure and goes a long way to explain why the team has no leadership and is in last place, but can Aron Winter really believe he was hired to show everyone in North America how it should be done? And let's not forget, that includes Mexico.
    Im convinced he thinks canadian fans are uneducated. Theres only so much language limitations can be attributed to some of his comments, but writing that 0-0 off like it was a league away game and not a 2-leg tournament was just insulting.

Im all for cleaning house by the way guys, but theres no way any sea changes at the top are going to make this idiot competent.