Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Time is up!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I don't understand is why do we need a manager that is stuck on one formation?
    Isn't that an archaic style of coaching?

Really, if we're going to play a 4-3-3 every single game then why do we even need Aron Winter? What does he bring to the table?

Does any other manager in this league function on the basis that they have one formation only and they must not deviate from it, period?

Why is that the case in Toronto? Why is it a sin to 4-4-2? A manager's primary job is to bring wins for the team he is managing - end of story. If you are Aron Winter and you see that what you are doing isn't working, well then, it's time you change something, isn't it?

tl;dr - Why are we restricted to a 4-3-3?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh lord, the football gods hate me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Preki was corrupt? proof? being Mo's buddy doesn't mean the guy is also corrupt
    I'd recommend you have a convo with some of the RPBs that have inside info on Preki. He may have been worse than Mo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

has he resigned yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about now?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, Preki.

The story of Preki can be summarized by one Mr. Joseph Nane.

Bring in a player to the MLS SuperDraft combine who was not invited.
    Sign him with a second round draft pick.
    Start him early in the season.
    Consistently give him minutes, when he is so raw, so useless, that a place in an MLS side seems almost ridiculous.
    Find out Preki's brother is a player agent and Joseph Nane is his "top client."

Suddenly the world makes sense again.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saturday could be TFC's rock bottom. I'm going to celebrate regardless. A win is a win. I'll forever celebrate those (and if magic is to happen, the beginning of something Disneyesque) . A loss is history. We will have been through the worst of anyone. All shit talking will forever bounce off of us because we have been through Hell and come out the other side (assuming we ever get our shit together). I'm not a religious man, but I'm about to start praying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok im going to sleep.

Wake me up when he resigns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    What I don't understand is why do we need a manager that is stuck on one formation?
    Isn't that an archaic style of coaching?

Really, if we're going to play a 4-3-3 every single game then why do we even need Aron Winter? What does he bring to the table?

Does any other manager in this league function on the basis that they have one formation only and they must not deviate from it, period?

Why is that the case in Toronto? Why is it a sin to 4-4-2? A manager's primary job is to bring wins for the team he is managing - end of story. If you are Aron Winter and you see that what you are doing isn't working, well then, it's time you change something, isn't it?

tl;dr - Why are we restricted to a 4-3-3?
    Because MLSE listened to fans who hated "Preki Ball"(rightfully so) then hired a German to ask which attacking system is best. The result being the 4-3-3 and Ajax model. Problem is when an organization(MLSE) listens to fans about how to play(exciting football) it never works, winning was not a large part of the equation many would think when consulting with Klinnsman and MLSE wanted to apease fans ideals(needed season renewals) of "exciting football". Any other formation(probably mandated by the marketing department at MLSE) would be seen as; "hoof ball Preki Ball" god knows how we hate to watch that shit but love to loose beautifully.
    Last edited by Richard; 05-03-2012 at 01:30 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Because MLSE listened to fans who hated "Preki Ball"(rightfully so) then hired a German to ask which attacking system is best. The result being the 4-3-3 and Ajax model. Problem is when an organization(MLSE) listens to fans about how to play(exciting football) it never works, winning was not a large part of the equation many would think when consulting with Klinnsman and MLSE wanted to apease fans ideals(needed season renewals) of "exciting football". Any other formation(probably mandated by the marketing department at MLSE) would be seen as; "hoof ball Preki Ball" god knows how we hate to watch that shit but love to loose beautifully.
    I find this issue about how people hated "Prekiball" to be a distraction. A diversion.

What people hated more was losing. But MLSE didn't really pay attention to that much did they?

So instead, MLSE grabbed on to this issue about "attractive football" and ignored the much larger and more important issue of actually being competitive. And low and behold it has become the rallying cry from many supporters. Well...not me sir. To me, winning came first and style came second.

I bet they thought by bringing in this system, everything else was going to magically fall into place. But you know what they say about assumptions...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    has he resigned yet?
    I still think Winter is playing chicken with management. He wants to be paid his full 3 years.

TFC needs to move fast though. Let's get the new management team in ASAP so that they have 2 transfer windows available to get ready for next year. That's right, its May 3 and I'm talking about next season. Its depressing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    I still think Winter is playing chicken with management. He wants to be paid his full 3 years.

TFC needs to move fast though. Let's get the new management team in ASAP so that they have 2 transfer windows available to get ready for next year. That's right, its May 3 and I'm talking about next season. Its depressing.
    Sort of doubt he's playing chicken. He has a three year contract so he will be paid anyway. Maybe the theory that he's gone crazy (because he played for a draw- on the road - in an away match-- of a two-leg series) is a better fit.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On formations...we did not play 4-3-3 last night, that was something like a 4-5-1 but really nobody knows what the hell that was. Awful stuff, the fact that Montreal didn't find a way to win actually might prove Winter was right about Montreal not being that good, or more likely we were incredibly lucky.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    Ah, Preki.

The story of Preki can be summarized by one Mr. Joseph Nane.

Bring in a player to the MLS SuperDraft combine who was not invited.
    Sign him with a second round draft pick.
    Start him early in the season.
    Consistently give him minutes, when he is so raw, so useless, that a place in an MLS side seems almost ridiculous.
    Find out Preki's brother is a player agent and Joseph Nane is his "top client."

Suddenly the world makes sense again.
    Mista made all the other examples pale. That was serious money.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Winter shoudl resign. His reign has been terrible but, blowing it all up and starting again...is that a good option, at this point in the season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
    The majority of fans want to keep him for now. Accept it. A draw on the road is a good result.
    A 0-0 draw on the road, in a two-legged semi-final, is in fact a bad result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koryo View Post
    A 0-0 draw on the road, in a two-legged semi-final, is in fact a bad result.
    For the new people.

This is a two leg game, with aggregate and away goals counting for 2 in a tiebreak situation.

It is not a league match, or a group stage game, and there are no points awarded for a draw.

0-0 away in the first leg is a terrible result, it puts us on the back foot in our own stadium and lets Montreal into the final on a score draw.

we MUST win to progress, Montreal only has to tie us. This was not a good result. Trust me, Ive been watching this game a while.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the new people.

This is a two leg game, with aggregate and away goals counting for 2 in a tiebreak situation.

It is not a league match, or a group stage game, and there are no points awarded for a draw.

0-0 away in the first leg is a terrible result, it puts us on the back foot in our own stadium and lets Montreal into the final on a score draw.

we MUST win to progress, Montreal only has to tie us. This was not a good result. Trust me, Ive been watching this game a while.
    Its not good, no argument but loosing would have been worse. I think he will get his chance to show what he can do over the next two games, then the fat lady might start warming up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    You and another guy don't constitute a majority.
    You must not know much about Canadian politics then.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, Montreal has to score to progress, in regular, extra time, or on PKs, no matter what. 0-0 doesn't put them through, but goes to PKs. A 1-1 or a 2-2 scoreline would put them through.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 05-03-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Actual, Montreal has to score to progress, in regular, extra time, or on PKs, no matter what. 0-0 doesn't put them through. A 1-1 or a 2-2 scoreline would put them through.
    Oh dear.

WE have to score also. There is NO eventuality where we can progress without scoring or going to penalties, and we cant gain an advantage with the away goal.
    You cannot spin this any other way, we are at the disadvantage and Montreal has the edge on us.

I mean have we won a game at home yet, this year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Its not good, no argument but loosing would have been worse. I think he will get his chance to show what he can do over the next two games, then the fat lady might start warming up.
    No Phil, losing 2-1 away is technically better than getting 0-0. losing 3-2 would be even better.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Phil, losing 2-1 away is technically better than getting 0-0. losing 3-2 would be even better.
    Sorry I didn't outline all the scenarios with you. I agree those would be better results because of the away goals. However loosing 1-0 would be worse.

thankless moocher, riding on the coattails of others
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I miss Preki.

In the last few years we have never had a manager last for more than one season. I don't know how we're suppose to build a winning team with so many changes being made on a fucking weekly basis ffs. Preki could have given us a playoff spot had he stayed I think. Jesus I mean have you seen the game being played out there? Seriously? These guys don't know how to play ball man, let alone an attacking game. Preki was at least trying to teach them the basics, possesion and control. Sure he might have been corrupt and sneaky and sure he erected the Serbian national flag all over the stadium but really, is Joeseph Nane any worse that Dunnfeild?

Hate this team more and more everyday man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oblio2 View Post
    I think Winter shoudl resign. His reign has been terrible but, blowing it all up and starting again...is that a good option, at this point in the season?
    But those aren't the only two options. Maybe this team could do something radical like conduct a search for a new manager and look at more than one candidate and hire one who can use what's here as a starting point - why would he have to start over?

It's kind of depressing to read about the Montreal Canadiens search for a GM and how well it was carried out. I hope th guy they got flops because I don't want Montreal to win, but I like the way they handled the hiring and I wish we could do that here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Johnny Carver's!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KdotOdot View Post
    Yeah I miss Preki.

In the last few years we have never had a manager last for more than one season. I don't know how we're suppose to build a winning team with so many changes being made on a fucking weekly basis ffs. Preki could have given us a playoff spot had he stayed I think. Jesus I mean have you seen the game being played out there? Seriously? These guys don't know how to play ball man, let alone an attacking game. Preki was at least trying to teach them the basics, possesion and control. Sure he might have been corrupt and sneaky and sure he erected the Serbian national flag all over the stadium but really, is Joeseph Nane any worse that Dunnfeild?

Hate this team more and more everyday man.
    Hey, I wasnt happy when they canned him either, and that wasnt because I liked 'boring football' it was because we were getting results, and beating chicago 4-1 was one of them.
    As ensco has said, Mista was serious money whatever the deal with Nane was. Regardless, what he did is an automatic firing in any club, there was no other choice. We cant blame ownership for that, although we can blame them for not cottoning on to Mo earlier.

This is the first manager who has lasted more than a season, and its a disaster.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Another fire winter/ keep winter thread? There are already 2 others with the exact same arguments involving the exact same people.

Please use one of those to continue this discussion:

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showth...ril-2012/page4

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showth...rap-Him/page51

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to clarify:

This thread is designed to allow those of the fanbase who want this man's resignation somewhere to make that demand.

Please co-sign this thread if you are incensed by the embarrassment that Winter is bringing upon our badge and team.

There is nothing to stop anybody opening a counter thread, (call it 'Time is not up' or 'please stay' if you want) and if one is opened, I promise not to derail it.

I think if we can separate the two groups into two threads, we can get a sense of what the board really thinks without dodgy polls.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want Winter out.

But at this point, I want to purge the entire FO as well.