Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha! nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
    The majority of fans want to keep him for now. Accept it. A draw on the road is a good result.
    You and another guy don't constitute a majority.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have never seen a team have such a shit start in my life, but we have been shit for 5 years in a row now and have had what +200 plus players and 10 coaches? ( i don't know what the real number is but its got to be fucken high) so i i don't even know if firing the coach is the solution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    i have never seen a team have such a shit start in my life, but we have been shit for 5 years in a row now and have had what +200 plus players and 10 coaches? ( i don't know what the real number is but its got to be fucken high) so i i don't even know if firing the coach is the solution.
    I dont want him fired. He doesnt deserve another penny. I want him to grow a pair and resign or leave 'by mutual consent'

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
    The majority of fans want to keep him for now. Accept it. A draw on the road is a good result.
    Wrong, I would say the majority of fans are completely apathetic at year 6 of this gong show, those of us left could be a different story. the night of the march 7th, would you say barely scrapping out a draw against an expansion side, the side that is suppose to be our rival none the less, would be acceptable?
    Side before self, every time - The one and only Billy Bremner
    Supporting TFC and Leeds United : Never a dull moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? And then what? What would that be? 5 coaches in 6 years or something. No thanks. Let him finish the season otherwise no one will want to coach here and I wouldn't blame them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the reason we don't want him gone is not because he is capable of the job but because we think (despite no proof) that it would cause no other coach to come here? Shouldn't the only argument for keeping him be that he's the right guy for the job?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

At this point, how many coaches we've had shouldn't be a concern. What should be is a very real possibility we will set all kinds of new records for futility in this league if change doesn't occur soon. How many managers will want to come here then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lerxst View Post
    Really? And then what? What would that be? 5 coaches in 6 years or something. No thanks. Let him finish the season otherwise no one will want to coach here and I wouldn't blame them.
    Thats why I want him to resign. No other coach would expect to come here, go 0-7 in their second season and not get canned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"So the reason we don't want him gone is not because he is capable of the job but because we think (despite no proof) that it would cause no other coach to come here?"

Yep

"Shouldn't the only argument for keeping him be that he's the right guy for the job?"

Nope

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"So the reason we don't want him gone is not because he is capable of the job but because we think (despite no proof) that it would cause no other coach to come here?"

Yep

"Shouldn't the only argument for keeping him be that he's the right guy for the job?"

Nope

As I often say to my wife: "You can't fight crazy!"

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't buy it, This team could also be seen by a good manager as an ideal project, after 6 years of failure, being the man who dragged this franchise from nothing to at least the playoffs, if not glory, would immortalize them to this fan base, and do wonders for a CV. waiting till the end of the season wouldn't change the number of managers we have had, lets finally learn from our mistakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    At this point, how many coaches we've had shouldn't be a concern. What should be is a very real possibility we will set all kinds of new records for futility in this league if change doesn't occur soon. How many managers will want to come here then?
    I'm sure they can't wait to follow in the footsteps of both Preki and Carter. Those two had long and wonderful coaching careers here, not to mention a great relationship with Anselmi and upper management. A bit of a pattern I see developing here.

Or maybe we should bring in Rongen to basically play the exact same system. That's precisely the same foundation that our academy is being built on; attacking football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bman27 View Post
    I don't buy it, This team could also be seen by a good manager as an ideal project, after 6 years of failure, being the man who dragged this franchise from nothing to at least the playoffs, if not glory, would immortalize them to this fan base, and do wonders for a CV. waiting till the end of the season wouldn't change the number of managers we have had, lets finally learn from our mistakes.
    So that he can win 6 games this year with the promise for better times in 2013. Then when we go 0-5-0 to start the new season we can meet up on here again for the annual "fire the fucking coach" jircle cerk. Can't wait.

Or maybe we give him a chance to at least finish out the season.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carter, who left when he figured out this gong show and Preki who lost both the management and his room? not the greatest examples. I can only hope that rongen is getting the academy to play "attacking football" cause we have not seen much of that with the senior squad lately

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

As I often say to my wife: "You can't fight crazy!"
    Derrrrp!!! nope.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So that he can win 6 games this year with the promise for better times in 2013. Then when we go 0-5-0 to start the new season we can meet up on here again for the annual "fire the fucking coach" jircle cerk. Can't wait.

if any Coach in any sport goes 0-6 to start any season, I would expect any franchise with any ambition at all to at least have a review of their manager. If they hire a manger who brings in a system that works with the players he has to work with and brings effective results, then you hope to god you are not 0-6 to start the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carter, who left when he figured out this gong show and Preki who lost both the management and his room? not the greatest examples. I can only hope that rongen is getting the academy to play "attacking football" cause we have not seen much of that with the senior squad lately
    Of course. The Preki player mutiny because a few guys didn't like the defensive system that produced a decent start. I do recall Dasovic's triumphant reign after the fact. The playoffs were wonderful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And then we can wait until January to find the next guy, and he can have a whole season of excuses too.

enough!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course. The Preki player mutiny because a few guys didn't like the defensive system that produced a decent start. I do recall Dasovic's triumphant reign after the fact. The playoffs were wonderful.
    Preki and Mo were corrupt.

done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if any Coach in any sport goes 0-6 to start any season, I would expect any franchise with any ambition at all to at least have a review of their manager. If they hire a manger who brings in a system that works with the players he has to work with and brings effective results, then you hope to god you are not 0-6 to start the year.
    If we go 0-6-0 with this new victim then I think the personnel on the field might have something to do with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    And then we can wait until January to find the next guy, and he can have a whole season of excuses too.

enough!
    So I guess the answer is we're perpetually buggered.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Preki and Mo were corrupt.

done.
    Preki was corrupt? proof? being Mo's buddy doesn't mean the guy is also corrupt
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring back Chris Cummins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Preki was corrupt? proof? being Mo's buddy doesn't mean the guy is also corrupt
    Because giving contracts to players based solely on the fact that his brother was their agent isn't corrupt.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we go 0-6-0 with this new victim then I think the personnel on the field might have something to do with it.
    But is it not up to a manager to field a competitive team, direct the style they play in, and decided who is good enough to work in what he wants to do? I am all for player accountability, but when you are trying to play a system that is clearly above they head of the majority of your team, causing them to make mistakes that would be minimized by a style more suited to their skill set. then questions need to be asked of the manager.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    Because giving contracts to players based solely on the fact that his brother was their agent isn't corrupt.
    hrm. i did not know this
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But is it not up to a manager to field a competitive team, direct the style they play in, and decided who is good enough to work in what he wants to do? I am all for player accountability, but when you are trying to play a system that is clearly above they head of the majority of your team, causing them to make mistakes that would be minimized by a style more suited to their skill set. then questions need to be asked of the manager.
    We don't know that they aren't. In fact we don't know a damned thing about what's going on behind the scenes. For all we know Mariner is directing the show and Winter is stuck with these taints who really shouldn't be on the field anyway. In fact I'm pretty sure Winter highlighted that lack of skill in a recent quote not too long ago.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don't know that they aren't. In fact we don't know a damned thing about what's going on behind the scenes. For all we know Mariner is directing the show and Winter is stuck with these taints who really shouldn't be on the field anyway. In fact I'm pretty sure Winter highlighted that lack of skill in a recent quote not too long ago.
    It's great that he realizes the lack of skill. but he has shown absolutely nothing in the way of trying to adapt to the pieces he does have.

Think about it this way

If you are cooking a steak dinner, but then release your steak has gone off, you don't cook chicken the same way and try to serve it to people as steak, you call the chicken for what it is. Sure it might not have been a steak dinner, and everyone was looking forward to it. but the chicken got the job done.

Lets stop pushing square pegs into round holes here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we might as well just stop judging then, because its possible that the mafia will kill the coaches family if he wins a game.