Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default (VC) Pregame/In game/Post Game: TFC 0 - Montreal 0

Well, I'd be happy with a 1-1 draw against a Mtl team that looks better than TFC at least defensively, playing on that bumpy carpet. Mtl looked decent beating Portland 2-0. Jesse Marsch has got Mtl a fighting spirit, and they will get better.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm almost tempted to say, "Who cares"? But I think it is obvious if we don't get the result, it may well be Winter's last game in charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're going to win 3-0, I have this feeling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Champions League is back...and a road game to boot. Surely we win 9-0 and look like world beaters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GO FOR BROKE!!!

I have so much pent up TFC passion that it is giving me a hernia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there a march from the bars? on may 9th?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the guys will be extremely tired, physically & emotionally, after trying hard at altitude against RSL.

Not an excuse, just the reality. This schedule has been known for a while, it's up to the team to prepare & adapt. Hopefully we'll see some inspired roster decisions & substitutions in order to help the guys cope, and in order to counter & exploit Montreal's strengths & weaknesses. Not holding my breath though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am disappointed at how few are making the trip to the Big 0 for the game. As of mid week the Impact FO said only 20 away tickets had been sold. Voyageur Cup games in MTL have always got a decent crowd making the trip. I know I am looking forward to the game and enjoying a day in MTL.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    I am disappointed at how few are making the trip to the Big 0 for the game. As of mid week the Impact FO said only 20 away tickets had been sold. Voyageur Cup games in MTL have always got a decent crowd making the trip. I know I am looking forward to the game and enjoying a day in MTL.
    why are you disappointed? mid week game, TFC already played in Mtl a few weeks ago, plus rather shitty form that the team is on right now. can't blame people for not making the trip
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't wait for this. I love the Voyageurs cup and a positive results would great. And if not, I just really hope Vancouver doesn't win the cup.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    why are you disappointed? mid week game, TFC already played in Mtl a few weeks ago, plus rather shitty form that the team is on right now. can't blame people for not making the trip
    More the better I guess is all I am saying, I would never call out anyone for how they choose to support the Reds. I get what you are saying, plus with one more trip to MTL just before the July 1st holiday being outside at the newly renovated Saputo Stadium that more than likely will be more attractive to most. Regardless I hope for a victory, would be ok with a tie, everyone if you are at the Stadium, at Joe's or on your couch at home enjoy the night.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    More the better I guess is all I am saying, I would never call out anyone for how they choose to support the Reds. I get what you are saying, plus with one more trip to MTL just before the July 1st holiday being outside at the newly renovated Saputo Stadium that more than likely will be more attractive to most. Regardless I hope for a victory, would be ok with a tie, everyone if you are at the Stadium, at Joe's or on your couch at home enjoy the night.
    I'd never see another game at the Big O... I'll make the trip to Saputo sooner or later, but man. Big O sucks

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd never see another game at the Big O... I'll make the trip to Saputo sooner or later, but man. Big O sucks
    Big O is what it is and TFC are playing so I'll be there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather we lose to game to accelerate the changes needed in management. I don't want a couple NCC wins to give MLSE something to think about which delays any decision to move in a new direction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is Winter's last hope or his swan song.

simple as that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But it's such a wonderful historic venue! Doesn't it just bring back memories of watching the Expos and Manic? And of course the Olympics themselves?

Given we were in a 70,000 seater, the view we had for the April game was pretty decent, I thought.

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My only disappointment is that they seemed to have spruced up things a bit recently- bathroom fixtures, new paint on columns and stairs. I did find a waterfountain that smelled like the 1970s though.
    That's all I'll say about that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wouldn't suck so bad if they served more than Coors Light.

I'm thinking more like this:

TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'd be happy with a 1-1 draw against a Mtl team that looks better than TFC at least defensively, playing on that bumpy carpet. Mtl looked decent beating Portland 2-0. Jesse Marsch has got Mtl a fighting spirit, and they will get better.
    I'll second that. Also wish that I could make this game but will have to wait for the next one. Sick.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All streaks must come to an end eventually, hopefully this is the beginning of the end of it. It's just bloody got to be. I really want to see Vancouver explode with anger yet again, I'll take solace in this season with another Canadian title to right piss them off.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone else decided to join us in Montreal , we need as many TFC supporters as possible, let's have a sea of Red. McLean's is already looking forward to having us on Wednesday for our pre-game fun.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given the way the season's going, winning another Canadian title might be the only brightspot of the year.

Beating Montreal on Wednesday might also get the team going in league play. If we go down, I expect the losing to continue in league play as the players will be utterly dejected, more so than they are already. A tie would seem like a decent result but won't provide the same kind of confidence as a win. I think there is a lot riding on this game. Aron Winter's job may be on the line, although realistically speaking, I think his judgement day will be the second leg against Montreal. I think MLSE will take the wait and see approach and see if he can lead this team to another Canadian title. If he can't and we go down to DC United in between, I think they will pull the plug.

I really hope it doesn't come down to that as the revolving door is not generating any success for this club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't call absolutes on this stuff generally, so I'm not going to judge the coach's prospects until we see the game. TFC is a corporate team, however, which means their patience is as limited as their imagination when returns aren't coming in.

If we dominate them 10-4 in shots, 55-44 in possession... and still lose? At that point, maybe the only argument left is that Winter just doesn't have that intangible leadership and motivation quality. Given his command of English and the players sayng he doesn't talk much (DeGuzman interview earlier this season), that was a fair risk to begin with. If we're just good enough to compete in MLS, that's great, for a parity league... but we'll still be a losing team if we don't have a motivational edge.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    I'd rather we lose to game to accelerate the changes needed in management....

There's a certain phrase I would use in response to that sentiment but I just got on here a couple of weeks ago so I'll refrain.

Just this observation - If you said that on a forum for a team on any other continent, they'd have your hide and you'd basically be telling people you were no longer going to matches (otherwise you'd face physical retribution).
    NO I'm not suggesting that approach......just observing what happens in other places.

But, of course, this is TFC and supporter means different things to different people.

Want change? Sure.

Hope we lose to get that? No way.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

32.5 hours until my departure to Montreal, looking forward to it Big Time, Come on you Reds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting 11 + subs

------------Roberts----------
    eks----Henry----Cann----Aceval
    -------------Frings------------
    ----------JDG-----------------
    ----------------Avila----------
    Johnson----------------lambe
    -------------koev-------------

Subs:
    Soolsma
    plata
    kocic
    dunfield
    morgan
    silva
    Emroy
    2-1 tfc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get a draw, and preferably an away goal as well, and we'll finish them at home. That's the ideal approach to any cup game fixtures.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see Edmonton win this. TBH. lol! Edmonton hosting a Mexican team in early March at Commonwealth would be a dream of mine..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any updates on the fitness of the koevermans or soolsma?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Any updates on the fitness of the koevermans or soolsma?
    Both I believe will not be available tomorrow night.