Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    This is one poor excuse. CONCACAF has nothing to do with our poor form, if anything the extra games could have assure that we hit the season in full stride. Are you saying that the poor guys were tiered after four games at the start of the season? If that is so perhaps they should consider another profession.
    I think given the clubs history, it was important to get off to a half decent start in the league. Now its a case of here we go again. Its inexplicable that they were able to get results against LA and Santos, yet haven't gotten one yet in the league. They should have gotten something from the league game in Montreal, but flew in from a game in Mexico just before. I dunno, just a theory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    And they were all coaching men, not youths... even as assistants.

I compare Winter' track record with Frank de Boer. Same system, same team, very similar careers, same start to their managerial career yet one managed to lead his team to 2 straight league titles in the face of a lot of adversity and the other one is hanging on by the skin of his teeth.
    Ha! yeah one of them also has a 51 million euro budget to work with. the clusterfuck that is ajax management sure beats our clusterfuck of management. hard to believe at times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Yes, and one of them manages in the Eredivisie and UEFA CL and one of them in the MLS and CONCACAF.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreekAce View Post
    Ha! yeah one of them also has a 51 million euro budget to work with. the clusterfuck that is ajax management sure beats our clusterfuck of management. hard to believe at times.
    LOL

I hear what you're saying but one got booted up while the other got booted out.

Looks like you guys might get a CL spot next season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ginkster88 View Post
    A 2-1 or 3-2 loss (or any iteration of a one goal loss) would have been better than a 0-0 draw.

The only score worse than what we did would have been a 1-0 or greater loss.

All Montreal need to do now is draw 1-1 or better to advance.
    This is actually not true though.

The 0-0 tie is still better than a loss with a goal.

If TFC had lost, Montreal will still advance with any tie in the 2nd leg. Whereas with the 0-0 tie, any TFC win in the 2nd leg means they will advance. TFC has more ways to advance with the 0-0 tie than going in with a loss (even with away goals).
    Last edited by narduch; 05-03-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    frankly.. it's just getting hard to give a shit about this or any other MLSE team any more. What garbage we're being fed year after year.

I gave up my seats this year, and I think I might just check out from even watching altogether until there's some sign of a turn around.

Not worth the investment of time, money or emotions.

Larry Tannenbuam isn't getting another cent from me for any of his CRAPPOLA products!

Get stuffed Larry!

A mass exodus over to the Jays would send a nice message.

Go Jays Go.
    Enjoy, I will join you for postseason, I can't follow a sport with that many games and that takes that long to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    Enjoy, I will join you for postseason, I can't follow a sport with that many games and that takes that long to play.
    postseason? who around here knows what that word means?

fair enough.. 162 is a lot of games..
    Last edited by Batman; 05-05-2012 at 12:55 PM.