Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Week 9 thread

Lots of games this week, incl Wed games.

Wed 2 May
    Colorado at New England, 8pm
    Los Angeles at Seattle, 10pm
    Vancouver at Edmonton, 10pm (Voyageurs Cup)
    DC United at San Jose, 1030pm

Fri 4 May
    Chicago at Chivas USA, 1030pm

Sat 5 May
    Philadelphia at Seattle, 430pm
    San Jose at Vancouver, 7pm
    New York at Los Angeles, 8pm
    Montreal at Kansas City, 830pm
    New England at Real Salt Lake, 9pm
    Columbus at Portland, 1030pm

Sun 6 May
    Colorado at Dallas, 7pm
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thierry Henry out a month with a hammy strain. NY is so screwed
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DCU v SJ tonight may be the game of the week
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If DC lose in San Jose (which is possible, San Jose are in good form) they'll be looking for a result in Toronto.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo puts up DC 1-0 with a good strike just outside the box. He's hitting form. 2 goals 5 assists so far this season

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    DeRo puts up DC 1-0 with a good strike just outside the box. He's hitting form. 2 goals 5 assists so far this season
    Looks like a very balanced team going forward.

Happy for Ben Olsen, one of the more likable guys in the league... and man DCU was struggling for a while there.

Edit: asides from that I have too root against SJ every game because they have side show bob, who is the biggest cunt in the entire league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Looks like a very balanced team going forward.

Happy for Ben Olsen, one of the more likable guys in the league... and man DCU was struggling for a while there.
    good to see DC's patience in Ben Olsen paying off finally. It's been two years since Olsen became DC's head coach. (and they stunk a lot in those two years)

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh god sideshow bob just scored

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DC's defence pulls a TFC and Lenhart and Wondo scores. how do you leave Wondolowski not marked from 6 yrs from goal?

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3-1 SJ... DC's defence suddenly looks worse than TFC defence. 3 goals given up in 1 half

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Funny, as they were touting their improvement in that area earlier. Dejan Jakovic can't get a game because the guys in front of him have been pretty consistent.

The good part about this game is: nobody is interested in defending.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what a bicycle kick attempt by DeRo from PK spot and Jon Busch with wonderful save. this game is so much fun to watch (well, after snoozefest of TFC game)

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2012/...year-candidate

Fredy Montero amazing strike from 35 yards

-Eduardo Galeano

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

San Jose look like the real deal this year. I'm happy for Sam.

DC will not arrive in Toronto in a good mood.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and a diving header from Woolard have DC pull back one. 3-2 SJ. entertaining game

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5-2 SJ now....

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5-3 SJ after DC pulls one back

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good to see DC's patience in Ben Olsen paying off finally. It's been two years since Olsen became DC's head coach. (and they stunk a lot in those two years)
    Yohan, would it be a stretch then, to say that having patience with a coach could be considered a virtue?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that DC might have deserved more from their game on Wednesday. Busch has the save of the week for sure on that Dero bicycle kick.

I'm amazed that LA decided to not start Beckham or Keane for their game this Wednesday against Seattle and their poor form as a result showed. I'm thinking Bruce wanted his team to prove to these guys that the team didn't need them and prove a point.... but it backfired because LA didn't produce much offence without their 2 dp's.

Montero's first goal of the season will probably also win the goal of the week, the camera angles on that goal were sublime, but Dero will give him a run for that honour I think.

Two great games to kick off the week! Can't wait to see what the rest of the week holds.

Here's to TFC getting there first win!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one watching Chivas v Chicago tonight?

Hell of an ending, Marco Pappa with a 20-yard blast to win it at 2:30 of et.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hassli just scores in extra time to clinch it for Vancouver 2-1 vs San Jose. good game with good goals

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good finish by Felipe to put Mtl up 1-0 at SKC

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mtl up 2-0 away at KC after Bernier PK

-Eduardo Galeano

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched LA-NY. Love the LA kits. The sash was sorely missing. And I think I might be the only person on earth who really like the RBNY kit with the navy top and yellow shorts. It just looks so weird that its great!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mtl wins 2-0 at KC. what is going on lol

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mtl wins 2-0 at KC. what is going on lol
    I don't know, but I don't like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh would you fuckin' look at that.

Vancouver wins against a quality team and Montreal gets a road win against the best team in the East.

So we're not only clearly the worst team in MLS we might be the worst pro team in North America.