Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I so hate being cockteased by this team. TFC was good enough for a point at RSL. but that shambolic defending... ugh
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iy12l View Post
    This isnt winters fault, most teams lose like 2-0 at rsl and the fact that so much unlucky things happened doesnt mean it was winters fault.
    I think you're confusing fault with responsibility. If Winter came out after these games and said he takes full responsibility for the team and its record, that would be different. But no one takes responsibility for this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget, Winter has guaranteed that we will make the playoffs this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Unfortunately, in the end of the day, numbers ARE all that counts in ANY sport! And the number that counts right now is ZERO. Toronto have ZERO points.

I agree with you that TFC played well, and were "unlucky" in some ways. But the average TFC fan did NOT see that result, and so 0-7 and ZERO points is the main stat for those fans.

In soccer points mean prizes - effort counts for nothing unfortunately.
    Why should I care about the average Toronto FC fan?
    Who is the average TFC fan?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
    Winter didn't kick the ball on the penalty, Winter didn't hit the crossbar, Winter didn't miss a wide open header,Winter didn't score on his own net and Winter didn't build Salt Lake City at 4300 feet to tire out Toronto at the end. Toronto played well and could have easily won the game.
    Could've. Should've. Would've. Excuses. Don't stand for them anymore.

Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the prom queen.
    Last edited by boomcha; 04-28-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    Well, if numbers are all that matter, if beating RSL at RSL is easy, then fire Winter. lol.
    What a completely unreasonable thing to consider firing the coach who selected all the players you are blaming for making those errors!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At best a game like this is neutral from the sack Winter perspective. I still think if he goes 0-8, no matter how good the team looks in any individual game, he has to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    But winter signed, or picked all those players, that did all those things. This is HIS team, and HIS squad of players now. Whatever happens on the field, is directly affected by what winter has chosen to do with the team. Winter HAS to be accountable, even if it is errors by individual players .
    Some may want to hold Winter accountable for the errors made by players but many do not. Errors happen and hopefully you commit less than your opponent. Toronto doesn't do this very well. The team with the best players don't always win. You have to learn how to win. Toronto is still learning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    What a completely unreasonable thing to consider firing the coach who selected all the players you are blaming for making those errors!
    And making them rigidly adhere to a predictable gameplan, without using the purported system to adapt formations to the opposition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some may want to hold Winter accountable for the errors made by players but many do not. Errors happen and hopefully you commit less than your opponent. Toronto doesn't do this very well. The team with the best players don't always win. You have to learn how to win. Toronto is still learning.
    That's a steep fucking curve eh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The seasons over....CCL or bust!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend they havent yet learned how to tie a game. what is your point?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This reminds of debating with people about "progress at the CSA". The argument is that we are never very far behind, but the competition goes around the world while we seem to fail to get out of bed. But we can still catch up.... hypothetically

What are we learning exactly, and how fast are we learning it? What is our benchmark for expecting a turnaround from this level of futility? Let's get real here, the performance of this team is beyond awful in so many different ways you can't even list them. This is the opposite of how this build was supposed to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Don't forget, Winter has guaranteed that we will make the playoffs this year.
    Winter is a winner so he expects to win. That a good attidude to have. 5 of the teams ahead of Toronto lost today so they didn't lose ground. Only 8 points out of 4th place.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    Why should I care about the average Toronto FC fan?
    Who is the average TFC fan?
    I think some of you guys on this forum forget that WE here are NOT the average TFC fan! I don't believe for the second that most of the 17k season ticket holder are currently on chat forums' discussing the game on a Saturday night?

WE are the minority of the fans.

The majority of fans only see results as what matters, not "the team put in a good effort but still lost in RSL".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This reminds of debating with people about "progress at the CSA". The argument is that we are never very far behind, but the competition goes around the world while we seem to fail to get out of bed. But we can still catch up.... hypothetically

What are we learning exactly, and how fast are we learning it? What is our benchmark for expecting a turnaround from this level of futility? Let's get real here, the performance of this team is beyond awful in so many different ways you can't even list them. This is the opposite of how this build was supposed to go.
    Hopefully you were not expecting to rebuild a garbage team (which Toronto always has been) into a winner in a little over a year. That would be a miracle.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Really?

Okay. Because so many think that it only take 1 year or 16 months to make an MLS contender (like NY, LA, RSL, etc. sarcasm) here's my request....for the sake of argument....those who think that we deserve a coaching change every year, please speak up.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter is a winner so he expects to win. That a good attidude to have. 5 of the teams ahead of Toronto lost today so they didn't lose ground. Only 8 points out of 4th place.
    As a coach, Winter has not proven to be a winner at all. His attitude seems to be one of contempt for the league and the players its developed, and eight points is huge, when you cant buy one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully you were not expecting to rebuild a garbage team (which Toronto always has been) into a winner in a little over a year. That would be a miracle.
    The garbage team that was rebuilt had a much better record than this one. That doesnt take a miracle, thats incompetence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said this before but I don't think you can actually use the "only x number of points out" statement when we don't have any yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All those teams expect to win, too.

And in reply to another of your posts, I just want to say that TFC has not always been a garbage team. In fact, almost any other year of TFC could beat this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other MLS teams have turned it around in less time, I see that as an acceptable benchmark and see absolutely no reason why we shouldn't hold the coaches here to the same standard.

Let's not forget that in reality this team is performing worse than the team that was blown up in the first place. That's not progress, it's going backwards. We are now talking about doing things we tried to do multiple times before but have failed to do.

Aron Winter likes to invoke "how things are done in europe" all the time. Well I'll venture a guess that you get fired for going 0-7 and running a terrible record in the league like he has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    I've said this before but I don't think you can actually use the "only x number of points out" statement when we don't have any yet
    Yes you can. It's easy. Winners think that way. Losers say we will never catch up. We are only 8 points out of first. Piece of cake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a video of when Ecks was pissed off with Aron? I wasn't there when it happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    Okay. Because so many think that it only take 1 year or 16 months to make an MLS contender (like NY, LA, RSL, etc. sarcasm) here's my request....for the sake of argument....those who think that we deserve a coaching change every year, please speak up.
    Maybe you could tell us how many losses this should be allowed to go? Does TFC have to own every single record for futility before any changes are made?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a completely unreasonable thing to consider that players have to perform! Maybe we should tell JDG he's awesome and just get him another coach -- I guess that would be JDG's third? I've lost track.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A loss is a loss no matter how it comes. The game is played for 90 minutes for a reason (in this case 94 due to added time). It's time to end this experiment. I was one of Winter's supporters but it doesn't look like it's going to work out for him. Though to be clear, I think MLSE is just as accountable as Winter for this hideous start to the season. Their incompetence is killing this club.

The fat lady has sung. It's time for us, supporters of this club, to show MLSE that this shit show has gone too far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    Who said anything about expecting an MLS Contender, we're bloody 0-7!!! I'd be happy with Montreal's record right now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes you can. It's easy. Winners think that way. Losers say we will never catch up. We are only 8 points out of first. Piece of cake.
    Lol, you're an Impact or Crew fan taking the piss aren't you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Maybe you could tell us how many losses this should be allowed to go? Does TFC have to own every single record for futility before any changes are made?
    apparently no coach has ever gone three years without making the playoffs in MLS. If he sticks around long enough he could blow that one apart too.