Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Sweet. That 0-8 record will come against DC United. DeRo & Maicon are gonna kill us.
    How ironic would it be of those two players put the final nails in Winter's TFC coffin? You can almost predict that it happens, can't you?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't really complain about TFC or Winter, that was a great game. That last minute goal was heartbreaking.

I really don't think after that people can be calling for Winter's head, everything went well, had Soolsma, Koovermans and Silva been available that could have been a very different game.

Have to say, boys did well, Winter did well. I would have liked a win but no complaints about that game.

It would be nice to have Frei back, I love Kocic but he is on/off at times and he hasn't been in top form past couple of games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, one thing this game highlights - is WHY hasn't Winter been starting Avila before this game? He was by far TFC's best players today! I've been saying it all season, that boy needs to be playing, he's got skills and passion!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    How ironic would it be of those two players put the final nails in Winter's TFC coffin? You can almost predict that it happens, can't you?
    Yes DeRo's vengeance would be funtime for the media.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best performance of the season but woeful defending on all 3 goals..fuck this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should've gotten a point. Which of course would've logically done wonders for the team's confidence and lead straight to a winning streak because we're like Wigan. We fuck around when we want to.

Actually no, we lost because we suck. Bad teams lose in bad ways. Absolute joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd bet good money that if we keep losing... that'll be it. People will be frothing at the mouth with anger by that point.

That Montreal game isn't going to be easy either.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Will post the same again in the post game thread....

A few thoughts....

• I liked the fan designed TFC kits. So shoot me.
    • RSL fans have come a long way. I have new found respect for Salt Lake. R E S P E C T
    • More than any previous year – I’m impressed with the quality of MLS (this year). I find almost every MLS game very enjoyable to watch in 2012 – largely because of the improved quality and athleticism in the league.
    • Our defense still needs tweaking.
    • Altitude, away, it is RSL(!) at home - I think that we still showed character. It’s not enough. But I’m still impressed.
    • I am pleased that we have talent across the whole line. Not just a few starters. Today Henry, Morgan, et all, - looked like they were professional football players. I’m so happy that we don’t rely on 3-4 players to be a competitive side. The talent spread gives me hope.
    • We have often play better than the score line. Today may be a good example of that.
    • Winter needs a full 2 seasons before we can really pass judgement.

Open flame throwers......

Oh....and Frings. He's no SUPERHERO. So let's let him play one position well and not be all things - to all fans. 2 B I G mistakes in in 2 games. Scorn me for not being absolute in my fondness. He's good. But we can't expect a player of his age to do e v e r y t h i n g.

Good Night, Toronto.
    Last edited by DOMIN8R; 04-28-2012 at 10:45 PM.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could argue that Winter really needs to work on the defensive organisation. RSL should never have been allowed that much room from that first corner to score a goal. TFC had to work and chase the game from that point on. TFC looked vulnerable from every cross and corner, TFC have had that issue ever since Winter took over.
    Watch the CB's on all 3 RSL goals. You won't find 1 in the right position, even attempting to guard their man, on any of them. That's on Mariner if anyone. He brought Aceval in. Dude looked terrible. The only reason he wasnt the cause of 2 or 3 goals against was some INCREDIBLE luck with offsides and RSL missing chances

edit: outside of the CB's, I thought we played fairly well. Though I thought we played fairly well last week as well. Same thing happened to start the 2nd half too. Dominated for exactly 10 min, and in the 55th give up one half chance that winds up in the back of the net and just takes the wind right out of the sails.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need a full two seasons? Fuck that. We have 5 wins out of 40 something games under him. That's worse than every single coach we've ever had. That is atrocious. I gave him the BOTD until last week.

It's times like this where I wish we had relegation in MLS so we couldn't push these bullshit excuses for our fucking worthless managers. But no, we get rewarded with draft picks and two or three wins where we look good and some close losses. I'm not falling for it again.

This team needs to be wiped out. Not the players, the coaches, the front office, and ownership.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    Can't really complain about TFC or Winter, that was a great game. That last minute goal was heartbreaking.

I really don't think after that people can be calling for Winter's head, everything went well, had Soolsma, Koovermans and Silva been available that could have been a very different game.

Have to say, boys did well, Winter did well. I would have liked a win but no complaints about that game.

It would be nice to have Frei back, I love Kocic but he is on/off at times and he hasn't been in top form past couple of games.
    The players came out too hard in the second half and ended up winding themselves. After that they were very stumbly and made lots of mistakes. They seemed to get a second wind leading up to that corner, which got them a goal, but it was surprising that RSL took so long to reply, because our energy was obviously done by the 84th. This is my opinion, and I was admittedly watching a grainy tv feed and listening to Utah commentators.

Our lads fought, its obvious they dont want that losing record, Im absolutely convinced we have good players, and I feel bad for them. What is playing out there right now? Is Winter's system being followed? Are players taking things into their own hands at certain intervals? There certainly doesnt seem to be a consistent approach, and Im not going to see the lads blamed for every loss and winter praised whenever they nearly snatch a point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm, a 3-2 loss to RSL isn't that bad... . imagine this was some mid-season match where TFC was doing OK in the standings -- you'd think "hey, great effort playing a really tough team -- a team I always praise on the board, a team that's lost 4 games at home in 3 years -- that's not bad." Right?

of course losing 6 games before that makes it worse, and losing the tie so late makes it even more heartbreaking. Sigh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man oh man.

This sux.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iy12l View Post
    This isnt winters fault, most teams lose like 2-0 at rsl and the fact that so much unlucky things happened doesnt mean it was winters fault.

Really? It's not?? Then who's fault is it then? It's 7 straight MLS losses!! 7!! Last year we had our most embarrassing losses handed to us. At home loss 6-2 to the Union anyone?

JDG has to go. He is a cancer that has f'ed us since he came in. He has not produced at all. Visions of grandeur but in reality he is useless. Dunfield has to go, Ty Harden out. We have way too many players that we are still giving chances to for no damn good reasons. I understand wanting to build Canadian soccer and supporting but it's costing us BIG time.

The Dutch experiment has to be over. No results no job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I'd bet good money that if we keep losing... that'll be it. People will be frothing at the mouth with anger by that point.

That Montreal game isn't going to be easy either.
    If we loose to Montreal i think he will be gone before the DC game. I think at this point the next league game is make or break.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    umm, a 3-2 loss to RSL isn't that bad... . imagine this was some mid-season match where TFC was doing OK in the standings -- you'd think "hey, great effort playing a really tough team -- a team I always praise on the board, a team that's lost 4 games at home in 3 years -- that's not bad." Right?

of course losing 6 games before that makes it worse, and losing the tie so late makes it even more heartbreaking. Sigh.
    The 3-2 loss, and the effort by the players was great. But then again, how many TFC fans/Toronto people saw that game? maybe a couple of hundred as it was on Gol tv?

So, really the rest of the fans, and the public of Toronto are only going to see one stat - another LOSS.

The manner of the loss is irrelevant in the end of the day, most fans are just going ot see this as a loss, and consequently 0-7.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right, for an average team having an average season, dropping points at Rio Tinto is normal, and in the situation you describe, yes it would be acceptable. It would be a bad day.

The difference is, that this was a good day for TFC .

When you cannot lose, you cannot lose. Watch the bottom feeders fight for their lives in any league with relegation, they are all capable of giant killing. This was a game we had to fight for, and we actually showed some teeth but we lost, and Winter has to take that loss and add it to the other six.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boomcha View Post
    Really? It's not?? Then who's fault is it then? It's 7 straight MLS losses!! 7!! Last year we had our most embarrassing losses handed to us. At home loss 6-2 to the Union anyone?

JDG has to go. He is a cancer that has f'ed us since he came in. He has not produced at all. Visions of grandeur but in reality he is useless. Dunfield has to go, Ty Harden out. We have way too many players that we are still giving chances to for no damn good reasons. I understand wanting to build Canadian soccer and supporting but it's costing us BIG time.

The Dutch experiment has to be over. No results no job.
    Winter didn't kick the ball on the penalty, Winter didn't hit the crossbar, Winter didn't miss a wide open header,Winter didn't score on his own net and Winter didn't build Salt Lake City at 4300 feet to tire out Toronto at the end. Toronto played well and could have easily won the game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Yes DeRo's vengeance would be funtime for the media.
    I honestly can't see how MLSE/Anselmi can let it get to that? Winter now has to leave, surely, because if he isn't fired, and then DeRo puts the final nail in the coffin next weekend, the media are going to be all out on MLSE and the front office.

I don't think Winter's job is even tenable anymore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
    Winter didn't kick the ball on the penalty, Winter didn't hit the crossbar, Winter didn't miss a wide open header,Winter didn't score on his own net and Winter didn't build Salt Lake City at 4300 feet to tire out Toronto at the end. Toronto played well and could have easily won the game.

But winter signed, or picked all those players, that did all those things. This is HIS team, and HIS squad of players now. Whatever happens on the field, is directly affected by what winter has chosen to do with the team. Winter HAS to be accountable, even if it is errors by individual players .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what did Winter do? Did he build a team capable of going to Rio Tinto with a good enough record that they didnt have to kill themselves to desperately try and claw a point, and could take a loss without it impacting the season?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very tough.

Confuscious say "soccer teams that give up 3 goals a game finish dead last in their leagues"
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 3-2 loss, and the effort by the players was great. But then again, how many TFC fans/Toronto people saw that game? maybe a couple of hundred as it was on Gol tv?

So, really the rest of the fans, and the public of Toronto are only going to see one stat - another LOSS.

The manner of the loss is irrelevant in the end of the day, most fans are just going ot see this as a loss, and consequently 0-7.
    Well, if numbers are all that matter, if beating RSL at RSL is easy, then fire Winter. lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    If we loose to Montreal i think he will be gone before the DC game. I think at this point the next league game is make or break.
    That is the next league game though, isn't it? I thought the Mtl game was for V's cup.

I had visions of DDR calling out Anselmi in his post-game speech. Really ugly dynamic to playing DCU at home with two extremely motivated former players against us. DCU has been playing a 4-3-3 lately as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iy12l View Post
    Fucking adrian cann and aceval were playing like 5 year olds... cann cant mark anyone for shit
    I see you've changed your scapegoats

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what did Winter do? Did he build a team capable of going to Rio Tinto with a good enough record that they didnt have to kill themselves to desperately try and claw a point, and could take a loss without it impacting the season?

This is now TFC's and Winter's big problem. We now have lost so many games that we HAVE to go to places like Rio Tinto and get a result. We will need to go to Seattle, Portland, Vancouver and NYRB's and try and get a result too, if we are to get anywhere this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aron Winter's MLS record: 6 wins, 20 losses, 15 draws: 42 goals scores, 75 against, 6 total clean sheets

Clearly this man needs the rest of the year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you cannot lose, you cannot lose. Watch the bottom feeders fight for their lives in any league with relegation, they are all capable of giant killing. This was a game we had to fight for, and we actually showed some teeth but we lost, and Winter has to take that loss and add it to the other six.
    Wigan blasting Newcastle today is Exhibit A of what you are talking about.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1

I agree fully.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if numbers are all that matter, if beating RSL at RSL is easy, then fire Winter. lol.

Unfortunately, in the end of the day, numbers ARE all that counts in ANY sport! And the number that counts right now is ZERO. Toronto have ZERO points.

I agree with you that TFC played well, and were "unlucky" in some ways. But the average TFC fan did NOT see that result, and so 0-7 and ZERO points is the main stat for those fans.

In soccer points mean prizes - effort counts for nothing unfortunately.