Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default PREGAME- TFC @ RSL,Saturday,Apr.28

-------------Kocic----------------
    Ecks---Henry---Cann---Emory
    -------------Frings--------------
    --------Avila------Silva----------
    Johnson----Koev------Soolsma
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL WUT pre-game thread?!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson tweeted that Danny K & Soolsma are still questionable for Saturday.

I'f he's back, I would put Soolsma on the right, Johnson on the left, otherwise looks pretty good to me!

Not totally sure if Emory over Morgan at LB, but was it vs Seattle that Emory looked decent at LB IIRC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ecks---Williams---Cann----Hall
    --------Avila------Silva----------
    Lambe----Johnson------Plata

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Danny? No Soolsma?

Oh boy...

Still, I called for a win against Chicago and it didn't happen (althought we did score two goals) and given this week's drama, I think there will be some motivation for the team to step up. With that considered, RSL is a top team in this league and getting a win in Salt Lake is as hard as it gets in this league.

So I am calling for a 2-2 draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would gladly take a draw away at RSL. I'd love to keep some optimism about this game but after the past couple of weeks expectations are pretty low.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to sound overly pessimistic, but TFC has never faired well historically at Salt Lake City, and the morale of the players is probably at an all time low. I would be shocked if TFC earned a result this weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I don't want to sound overly pessimistic, but TFC has never faired well historically at Salt Lake City, and the morale of the players is probably at an all time low. I would be shocked if TFC earned a result this weekend.
    What you dont remember Dichio and Cunninghams one-two that lead to Cunny's ping-pong goal? That was awesome and we won 2-1 I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not know what to think. I do not know what to expect.

The approach I would take as always is a very defenisve one, try to ensure some points. A 4-1-4-1, It would look like;

Ecks------Henry---Cann------Morgan
    SIlva-----?-------- ?-------Avila
    -----------Johnson-------------

The two solid box to box midfielders that we do not have, would be key.
    Last edited by trane; 04-24-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0-7.......on its way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cann is also listed as inactive.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    What you dont remember Dichio and Cunninghams one-two that lead to Cunny's ping-pong goal? That was awesome and we won 2-1 I think.
    And last year. There was just as much likelihood of winning that one. The difference being they were stronger then now we both are weaker teams.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Cann is also listed as inactive.
    Yeah don't listen to that, been like it forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Some good news.

I was trying to remember who our big CB singing was. Thats right Emory. The second comming of Nesta, not Alesandro but Marley.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What, aside from sheer hope, would make anyone think that anything but a defeat is possible here? I'm being serious, just honestly trying to see how we're going to beat a team who knows our system, plays at altitude at home and is objectively better than us in every measurable way?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Dude, did I not make my point clear, we will not give up a goal because we singend Logan "Nesta" Emory. He was the best CB in Puerto Rico for a couple of games last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found the solution.

------------Frei---Kocic----------------
    Ecks------Henry---Cann------Morgan
    SIlva------------?---------Avila
    -----------Johnson-------------

We will play 2-4-1-3-1. CLEAN SHEET.

(Maybe an extra mid or two may help as well)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    What, aside from sheer hope, would make anyone think that anything but a defeat is possible here? I'm being serious, just honestly trying to see how we're going to beat a team who knows our system, plays at altitude at home and is objectively better than us in every measurable way?
    footballs a funny game, and can be won by an inferior team with sheer grit and determination on any given day.

Something about cornering a rat... Winter's definitely in a corner right now, we'll see how sharp his teeth really are.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Even if we do somehow manage to turn this season around, I don't see it happening starting with this game. I'll be ecstatic with a draw. Of couse, I will be more than happy to eat crow if TFC do manage to win this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"sheer grit and determination"= Danny Dichio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to ask for those who think that Winter should stay, why are you not comming out and saying we can and will win this? If we do not win it, that will be 7 games without a win, 7 games with 1 points out of 21, the only way for Winter to start turning the season around and start convincing people that he shoudl stay is with a win. But know everyone is comming out like a win is impossible, after all we are playing Real Salt Lake at home, they may as well be Real Madrid.

If Winter wants to stay, in Winter wants the playoffs he needs the win.

You know how easy it is to win. Clean Sheet and one goal, that is a win. Are you telling me that Real Salt lake is a top world class side, that cannot be kept scoreless? Are you telling me that they are a defensive fortress? Neither are true, they are a mediocre professional team, just as we are, and if you defending with grit and determination, on most nights you should have a clean sheet, and if you attack with the same grit and intellignece you should be able to score one goal. It is not rocket sience we are not playing Bayern Munich or Napoli, we are playing Real Salt Lake.

But to beat any team you need to resepct your opponent and concetrate and defend for 90 plus minutes, and you need to finish your chances.
    Last edited by trane; 04-24-2012 at 03:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to ask for those who think that Winter should stay, why are you not comming out and saying we can and will win this? If we do not win it, that will be 7 games without a win, 7 games with 1 points out of 21, the only way for Winter to start turning the season around and starting to convince people that he shoudl stay is with a win. But know everyone is comming out like a win is impossible, after all we are playing Real Salt Lake at home, they may as well be Real Madrid.

If Winter wants to stay, in Winter wants the playoffs he needs the win.
    I think in many ways theres a lot of ass covering going on.

Nobody is confident we can win, and hey, even if we had a winning record this season there would be no guarantee for this one, but if we do lose there's going to be an increased furore from the anti-winter camp.

Similarly, a win will become a rallying call for the opposite camp, so the escalation of this debate is inevitable whatever happens.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you had to say it like that huh............ I was trying to muster up some hope.... so much for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    I think in many ways theres a lot of ass covering going on.

Nobody is confident we can win, and hey, even if we had a winning record this season there would be no guarantee for this one, but if we do lose there's going to be an increased furore from the anti-winter camp.

Similarly, a win will become a rallying call for the opposite camp, so the escalation of this debate is inevitable whatever happens.

I understand it. But if Winter can rally the troops and win this one, he would sillence me for at least another game, and if he won a couple of more after, he may get my support untill the midle of the seaon. But he needs to show me something now. I am tiered of these exuses, that we give this team and the FO. Even if we have a full bench playing if we are organized and tight, we can win, we have the players that can score, now we need to defend for 90 minutes. WInter needs this. We need it.

Or I will be asking the players for their shirts. (JOKE)

This manager this team, has to put up or shut up at some point, the time is way past due. it needs to win, and then win some more.

[ and clearly I am not pretending that my opinion counts for anythign vis a vis winter]
    Last edited by trane; 04-24-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

But to beat any team you need to resepct your opponent and concetrate and defend for 90 plus minutes, and you need to finish your chances.
    Well, this is the key, isn't it? It would be easier to believe if TFC had even seemed remotely capable of staunch defending so far in their matches this season. I disagree with your assessment of RSL. No, they are not unbeatable, but they are far and away the best team we have faced so far this season, yes, even Seattle and LA included. Beating them on their home turf will require a fortitude the likes of which we have not seen from TFC so far this season (in the league, at least).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Well, this is the key, isn't it? It would be easier to believe if TFC had even seemed remotely capable of staunch defending so far in their matches this season. I disagree with your assessment of RSL. No, they are not unbeatable, but they are far and away the best team we have faced so far this season, yes, even Seattle and LA included. Beating them on their home turf will require a fortitude the likes of which we have not seen from TFC so far this season (in the league, at least).
    We have not seen it this year, or last. BUT this is by all means a play off game for Winter and the Club, if he wants to keep our chances alive, he must win. The rubber must hit the road, if he deserves to stay the manager, he has dug himself a hole, he must dig himself out, NOW, or he must be replaced. You cannot have it both ways, give him a chance, and another, and another, this is his chance to prove that he should stay. That is how it works in the real world, outside of Toronto sports. This his team win with it. He wins, he gets a chance to manage again next week.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly? Because the team can't go winless all year (I think) and like someone else mentioned, TFC seems to win in the most improbable times. So I think it's possible, but yeah, very unlikely. After all, the sun eventually shines on a monkey's ass.

But I am going to hedge my bets and at least hope and expect for a draw.

The truth is though that anything short of a win just puts another nail in the coffin that is this season anyways, so to me a draw is very much like a loss.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logic would dictate we will probably lose, but then, logic probably would have dictated that we would lose that CCL game in LA. This is a chance for Winter and the team to show us something. We will have Frings, which is important.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Honestly? Because the team can't go winless all year (I think) and like someone else mentioned, TFC seems to win in the most improbable times. So I think it's possible, but yeah, very unlikely. After all, the sun eventually shines on a monkey's ass.

But I am going to hedge my bets and at least hope and expect for a draw.

The truth is though that anything short of a win just puts another nail in the coffin that is this season anyways, so to me a draw is very much like a loss.
    Exaclty. The team must understand this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would anyone know our all time results @ Real Salt Lake? + GF and GA?