Thread: TFC's CBs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC's CBs

Winter went on record saying "We need help at central defender...The players we have there are not good enough"...TFC has SEVEN CBs on it's roster, 8 if you count Williams...If they are "not good enough" why are they still on the roster??? Sounds to me as if Winter changes his mind on a daily basis...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think both Cann and Willaims are 2nd and 3rd options on a good MLS team.
    Henry and Maund still too young.
    Emory and Harden are definately backups, should never be starters.
    Aceval, like Caicedo, isn't adjusting well to MLS - may never.

How I look at these CBs, would any of them start on a mid-table MLS team?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont mind Emory to be honest id like to see more of him and think he needs more time, granted the two games hes started hes fucked up bad but seems to want it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much longer before Williams is ready to play, from the little I saw him last year he seemed capable at that position, he seemed the best out of all the other CBs we presently have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't get why people always say Henry is to young. He should be starting. Seems like every game he's solid but finds himself back on the bench. On top of that he's our biggest threat on corners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do I think we have quality CB's on our roster? not at all. Cann and Williams can be "the second guy" and Aceval could probably survive if he was paired with a faster physical partner. Henry is not seasoned enough to start back there as of yet.

TFC should be willing to give up anyone on its roster but Koeverman's and Frings for the rights to sign Bakary Soumare should he return to MLS. It's such an obvious solution to the problem, which is why I think we'll miss the boat on it.

That being said, it isn't just about the quality of your players, it's about finding a system that allows them to succeed. MLS, small payroll, etc, etc, etc... stop playing a high-line with a back three of defenders you weekly describe as below par.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    I dont mind Emory to be honest id like to see more of him and think he needs more time, granted the two games hes started hes fucked up bad but seems to want it
    I liked Emory at LB, but he looked out of his depth playing in the middle.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 04-24-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

source? link? anything? or is this just how rumors start. If he's on the record saying that, where can I find this record? In his latest interview he refused to point to any specific position that's a problem, and he never has before either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    THIS! People need to give him a bloody chance. Aceval can go, Maund needs a loan or something. Cann, Williams, Emory, Harden and Henry will do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    How much longer before Williams is ready to play, from the little I saw him last year he seemed capable at that position, he seemed the best out of all the other CBs we presently have.
    He is full training with Hall now, not that that much longer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    Winter went on record saying "We need help at central defender...The players we have there are not good enough"...TFC has SEVEN CBs on it's roster, 8 if you count Williams...If they are "not good enough" why are they still on the roster???....
    Cause you try them out and they are crap.

And then you repeat this every few weeks.............going on since we started.

Personally, I'd rather see a decent DP CD. People seem to think you only use them for attack and midfield but then where is Frings playing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Isn't part of it about alternatives though? You can find CBs, DMs, and those types of players within MLS or abroad on regular salaries.

It seems much more difficult for MLS teams to find someone like a striker or an AM for a decent price. I think given that dynamic I think that's a more prudent way to use your cash.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll refer to my post back in Aug of last year..
    Quote Originally Posted by loconet View Post
    Easier said than done but I would get rid of jdg (Frings has to play in the mid else we are wasting him so JDG is the odd one out) and have a veteran DP at the back that can anchor that line. With every line having an experienced player to control (and babysit? ) it would give us more stability. It would also give our younger players a reference as they improve their game in their respective area. ...and for the love of God trade harden..
    ..mind you, harden has improved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Island Man View Post
    THIS! People need to give him a bloody chance. Aceval can go, Maund needs a loan or something. Cann, Williams, Emory, Harden and Henry will do.
    This remains one of my beefs with MLS. Far too little use is made of lower league loans. This is a relic of the early MLS days when USL was seen as a potential competitor, and loans were officially discouraged. It does occur but infrequently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    I think both Cann and Willaims are 2nd and 3rd options on a good MLS team.
    Henry and Maund still too young.
    Emory and Harden are definately backups, should never be starters.
    Aceval, like Caicedo, isn't adjusting well to MLS - may never.

How I look at these CBs, would any of them start on a mid-table MLS team?
    They missed the majority of the 2011 season on the injured list. Major knee surgeries will not help their ability to help solidify the backline. Cann and Williams are definitely also not 1st team options. They might be back ups at best but only if they are the 5th and 6th options.

Aaron Maund, has the biggest upside than Williams and Cann. He looks more like a 2nd or 3rd option on any roster in MLS.

Doneil Henry, has just as much upside as Maund. Doneil Henry, IMO is just as good as Julius James in his rookie year. If this team is looking for a good pairing for the future its definitely Henry and Maund.

Logan Emory
    , is this year's Matt Gold, he will get playing minutes but It would be a safe bet to assume he will spend his rest of career in NASL. Right now I think he might be higher in the pecking order than Jeremy Hall, should probably try him on the right back position.

Ty Harden, it baffles me how he's able to stick around. Its been baffling that Winter with all his player movement has not phased this guy out of the team roster.

Miguel Aceval, I think he's a lot like JDG who can play up to a certain high standard but can often find himself playing down to a lesser opponents level out of frustration or lack of talent around him. He is a keeper at least until the end of the season in my books.

Depth on the backline:

Eckersley-------Maund-------Aceval-------Morgan
    ----------------Henry--------Cann---------------
    ---------------Williams-------Harden-------------
    ----------------Emory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what?

The best way to piss your own players off when you dont have replacements is to go out in front of the cameras and tell the world they are crap.

Great plan, dickhead.

How about trade for some good players and start telling us how good they are, would that be a better plan?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff s View Post
    Don't get why people always say Henry is to young. He should be starting. Seems like every game he's solid but finds himself back on the bench. On top of that he's our biggest threat on corners.
    Been saying the same thing, Henry & Cann could be a fantastic pair if Winter let them gel.