Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the biggest threat to the TFC fan base is the ongoing losing. Sure the Jays effect will steal a minority of casual sports fans in this city, but footies will continue to pile into BMO regardless. It’s more about winning than it is any other factor. It's true, winning cures all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    ^ Jays would smoke TFC in a game - The Jays have better pitching, but TFC has the advantage, since the strikezone on Plata, Morgan, and Lambe would be so small.
    Playing a soccer-baseball game would probably be more fair to both teams.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Of course they would win. They have bats.

If this thread is about how MORE casual fans will be at a winning sports franchise than a struggling one I think it's pretty obvious but carry on..
    Yep. Asking this of people who own season sets, or majority of games, is much different than those who do not. I like watching to odd baseball game but have no desire to own season seats. I doubt I would drop TFC and buy Jays seasons because one was doing better than the other. If I decide to drop TFC tickets that would be it.

It's quite simple for none season seat holders. If someone is a fan of multiple teams and has a set number of $$ to spend going to watch pro sports they're going to spend those $$ on watching whoever is the most entertaining. For most that's the team that is winning, in the playoffs, or involved in a big game/tournament. If any other pro team in Toronto is winning and TFC is losing people are going to put their disposable income there. If TFC were on a winning record we would see a shift in spend. We clearly saw this with TFC's CCL run.

This is why with any pro team playoff tickets become so scarce. This is where people want to put their disposable income income.

While a losing record affects season seat sales, I do not think causes a large percentage to switch from one sport to another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeper View Post
    Playing a soccer-baseball game would probably be more fair to both teams.
    I hope they use the big red ball just like in grade school.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    I hope they use the big red ball just like in grade school.
    My thoughts exactly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha at the start of '09 when people in 'non-supporter' sections where getting thrown out on their ears I called an complained on wtf they were doing this for and how it was really bad form. Of course it was because of the complaints from little old ladies and 5 year olds, and I said the people you're chucking out are the ones who will be standing and singing through thick and thin and the people you're catering to won't be here on rainy nights when we're sitting last OR if the Jays ever get it together HAHAHA she laughed at that. :S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    Ha at the start of '09 when people in 'non-supporter' sections where getting thrown out on their ears I called an complained on wtf they were doing this for and how it was really bad form. Of course it was because of the complaints from little old ladies and 5 year olds, and I said the people you're chucking out are the ones who will be standing and singing through thick and thin and the people you're catering to won't be here on rainy nights when we're sitting last OR if the Jays ever get it together HAHAHA she laughed at that. :S

Amen....Ive been threatened a few times even though i sit 5 seats from the supporters section
    at chicago game a man (in a Jays jacket) brought his kid. the F word slipped and he gave me a stern wording.

Really tough biting my tongue, if his kid wasnt there I would reamed him out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we are also failing to remember Jays steal media time and space.

Tfc barely hasnt any media attention to begin with........TFC losing and Jays winning just makes matters worse.

Also TFC cant afford to lose any fans at the games because TV is already non existent

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    we are also failing to remember Jays steal media time and space.

Tfc barely hasnt any media attention to begin with........TFC losing and Jays winning just makes matters worse.

Also TFC cant afford to lose any fans at the games because TV is already non existent
    This has a chance to change next year though. The Jays are owned by Rogers, TFC will soon be owned by Belgers so in theory, twice the potential exposure on TV. When the Organ Grinder's ass is owned by the Monkey, the Monkey will dictate the number of shows they put on.

Bones...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Amen....Ive been threatened a few times even though i sit 5 seats from the supporters section
    at chicago game a man (in a Jays jacket) brought his kid. the F word slipped and he gave me a stern wording.

Really tough biting my tongue, if his kid wasnt there I would reamed him out.
    Toronto sports teams, and the media, always take the side of the family crowd. Look what its done to the Argos. Ive been to a CFL game in Regina, and the crowd there is like the NFL. Its great. But thats not tolerated in Toronto. The only true sellout of the Jays season every year is the home opener, which the media bash because of the rowdy crowd. I understand that if I brought a wife and young child (I have neither), to a TFC game, I'd probably not want to be in 111-113. However, I would know not to buy those seats in the first place. My solution, make the entire midfield seats on the east stand a family zone, price the tickets at a cheap rate, and strictly enforce the area as a place where singing, standing, swearing, and drinking will not be tolerated. The families and old ladies will be happy, and the stand will look full on tv.

Did anyone notice the south end on that 360 picture from the Dome? everyone was standing and into it, and then in the bottom right corner of that section, there was a pocket of older people, sitting down, arms crossed, looking very out of place.

Everyone is welcome at the TFC games obviously. But, there should be more of an indication, like maybe a huge warning on the ticket, so that those buying them know, and agree, with what comes along with the section they are in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much of how bad the TFC sucks I would never Trade the BLOW JAYS for TFC, if I wanted to watch baseballs I would go get a fucken Job at Behrs paint store and watch the paint dry on the wall ,just as exciting as watching baseballs!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Blue Jays loss will never get me as worked up as a TFC loss. I'll stick with the suffering and TFC!
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC just have a fan support culture that no other sport team in this city have. Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, its all the same, cheer when they score, boo when they do a bad play, and chant "Go insert team Go" or "Lets go insert team" clap clap clap. And ocassionally there is one drunk fan yelling random comments. It just gets boring fast for me, i stick with TFC and the fun i have in the south end!