Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 'fire tom anselmi' tifo?

Would they let it stay up on the fence?

We need to make clear that he is the problem.

Burn him in effigy outside BMO?

'fire Tom Anselmi' chants?

Corporations don't like to piss off their customers, and TFC really does make an effort to make your experience positive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why fire Tom Anselmi?

All he did in 2010 in the end of the season is realize he had no bloody clue on who to hire, so he hired a consultant to advice him on what to do, he then rolled out the dough for the coaches, for 2 more designated players, and a $21 million dollar training facility and academy. He does not get involved directly into who signs with the team or what players the team goes after.

Would you have rather he act like a Jerry Jones or the late Al Davis or Daniel Snyder?

"Corporations don't like to piss off their customers, and TFC really does make an effort to make your experience positive."

You think TFC is bad, my pair of seasons costs less than a pair of platinum tickets to 1 Leafs game and look how they have done post lock-out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that

Making
    Losing
    $eem
    Easy

Banner needs to be flown again.

I found a pic of it here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/lipsofcrimson/4552684267/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck the fire Tom Anselmi tifo ...
    I know some will scoff .. but seriously we need this ...

SELL THE TEAM tifo.

MLSE get the fuck out.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    why fire Tom Anselmi?

All he did in 2010 in the end of the season is realize he had no bloody clue on who to hire, so he hired a consultant to advice him on what to do, he then rolled out the dough for the coaches, for 2 more designated players, and a $21 million dollar training facility and academy. He does not get involved directly into who signs with the team or what players the team goes after.

Would you have rather he act like a Jerry Jones or the late Al Davis or Daniel Snyder?

"Corporations don't like to piss off their customers, and TFC really does make an effort to make your experience positive."

You think TFC is bad, my pair of seasons costs less than a pair of platinum tickets to 1 Leafs game and look how they have done post lock-out
    You answered your own question.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post

We need to make clear that he is the problem.

Burn him in effigy outside BMO?

'fire Tom Anselmi' chants?

Corporations don't like to piss off their customers, and TFC really does make an effort to make your experience positive.
    1. Maybe. It depends on his mood that day. Or that of his underlings. Or a near minimum wage security guard not getting the memo about what is allowed on said day. If that fails, we can claim the banner was smuggled in (like they do in Serbia). This will of course lessen the message.

2. He says he wants to win. Is that not good enough for you Sky?.

3. Not recommended. The FO love to cite fire code regulations. We should all just sit quietly and observe the rules. We have a team in Big League Sawker. Just be happy with that.

4. You don't ever want to direct a chant at Anselmi. He will swagger up to you with a gait that is a cross between George Jefferson and a penguin. Very menacing. He might even challenge you to direct verbal confrontation, or dare I say something that might even be construed as an invitation to fisticuffs. He may feel like he overstepped after that though, and invite you down to reel spawts and buy you lunch on his dime. He will reiterate how bad he wants to win, and what a bad decision signing JDG was. Sorry ensco I don't mean to imitate your fictional diary. As always, looking forward to the next installment.

5. "We keep screwing up, and you keep bringing your voices".
    Last edited by RedRum; 04-23-2012 at 03:20 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_121 View Post
    I think that

Making
    Losing
    $eem
    Easy

I found a pic of it here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/lipsofcrimson/4552684267/
    An even better pic is that of the 2 or 3 Leafs - sitting 50 feet away - laughing at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, that will change things on the pitch, because the formation and tactics are all Anselmi's fault.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Here's a song for that TIFO. I posted this in the Songs and Chants area but thought I would share for the registered users.

Just About Had Enough

When I see Ansel-mi
    I want to bang my head
    I've just about had enough

All the cash you took from me
    And all the things you said

We slip and slide
    And you have no clue
    And I just have seen enough, so go f*ck ...

you do do do de do do do

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flipityflu View Post
    yes, that will change things on the pitch, because the formation and tactics are all Anselmi's fault.
    But can 6 managers all have been wrong? And 100+ players all sucked? (they didn't suck, they underperformed WITH US) Why do said players go to other teams and thrive?

I could be totally wrong, but what else explains it? Bad managers? <-Tommy boy still at fault. Lack of soccer knowledge <- Tom. Lack of scouting/spending/freedom of managers <- all Tom.

It is looking less and less like correlation and more and more like causality.

Other than Toronto having 'bad mojo' I don't see any other reasonable explanation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whether Anselmi is directly responsible for the abysmal product on the pitch or not is irrelevant at this point. Once the sale of MLSE officially transpires this summer Anselmi will be moving on anyway.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Whether Anselmi is directly responsible for the abysmal product on the pitch or not is irrelevant at this point. Once the sale of MLSE officially transpires this summer Anselmi will be moving on anyway.
    Fingers and toes crossed!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One can only hope the new owners will do better than the Pen$ion Fund. The Jays aren't too bad this year.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rogers is a forward looking company, I wish Ted Rogers was still alive because he didn't give a crap about quarterly numbers if he knew something would pay off years down the road (a personal business hero) he didn't even like baseball but bought the Jays because he knew it was a good business decision to get to the hearts of the people.

Hopefully that isn't all lost now he is gone.

I still like the idea of TFC being a fan owned team...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apathy in the form of empty seats will do more for your cause than a tifo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    ya i was going to say didn't MLSE sell the teams to Rogers recently?? kind of makes this thread pointless.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't care anymore. i want to see a club statement.
    i want to see a "we're sorry". if seattle can refund tickets after a blowout we can get a fucking apology.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do not agree.

Anselmi did the right thing by hiring Klinsmann, and hired what we ALL thought was a good head coach. It just hasn't worked out for Winter.

Winter has to go, Anslemi can stay. I have no issue with Anselmi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. that tifo I want!

SELL THE TEAM!
    MLSE GET THE FUCK OUT!

Lets make it happen guys
    Last edited by rocktml; 04-23-2012 at 08:23 AM.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anselmi just got a new position Jan 1 right?

Somehow I think that means more spin to us and less responsibility to the results and only looking at the bottom line.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Anselmi has a new position, he is in the running to be Peddie's replacement but still in the same role.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it guys?

Didn't we ALL agree than getting Klinsmann in as a consultant was a fantastic idea?
    Didn't wee ALL agree that signing Winter, De Klerk, and Mariner was a great idea?

These were both Anselmi's idea, and we all LOVED them at the time!

Anselmi hasn't done much wrong, if you ask me!

Winter just hasn't turned out to be the answer in the head coach department. All we need to do is fire Winter, and find a replacement. Everything else...the system, total football, Anselmi and his ideas, can all stay. It's as simple as that!

If ANY of us were in the position of Anselmi, we would have ALL done the same as him, and we all agree with him! Getting in Klinsmann was a great idea!

Anselmi just has to do the right thing again now, and fire Winter ASAP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anyone know what the senior management structure is at TFC? I don't mean the MLSE Board (that is on the club website), but who , aside from Anselme, is responsible for soccer ops within MLSE?

I understood at the time Klinnsmann given the remit to overhaul the whole club that this was to be revamped too so we have actual soccer guys running the show. It strikes me this is not the case and we are still an afterthought in MLSE's structure.

This club is a joke from the top down. How can you have Anselme in charge when he knows fuck all about the sport and has to hire a consultant to hire a coaching team.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... and to those who doubt Klinsmann's abilities, he has done well as the USMNT coach. Also, he brought us Frings, who despite his terrible gaffe last game, is easily one of the top midfielders in MLS.

What we don't know is who he recommended for the positions. It may be that Aron was his #10 choice, but ML$E thought the words "Total Football" would sound good.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No they would not. Anti Mo banners were taken in the past. I'm pretty sure this would be the same. It's about tone, though. If it was a simple "Anselmi Out!" it may go unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_121 View Post
    I think that

Making
    Losing
    $eem
    Easy

Not our banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Here's a song for that TIFO. I posted this in the Songs and Chants area but thought I would share for the registered users.

Just About Had Enough

When I see Ansel-mi
    I want to bang my head

All the cash you took from me
    And all the things you said

We slip and slide
    And you have no clue
    And I just have seen enough, so go f*ck ...

you do do do de do do do
    This is the most doable but not many people like to sing these days.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it's easy to make up slogans using MLSE (sorry I forgot a dollar sign is supposed to be the S) but the fact is a team makes more money winning. MLSE has lost millions by not having any of their teams make the playoffs. They have hired GM's who are/were considered the top in their field. Anyone who thinks Anselmi has a say in personnel with the Leafs or Raptors is delusional, Burke or Colangello wouldn't work here under those conditions. Why would things be different with TFC? They took a gamble hiring Winter, but most here seemed happy with the direction the team was heading. Winter must be given the season and realistically Anselmi isn't going anywhere. The mess we're in is bad, but more changes and chaos is the last thing TFC needs. For the remainder of the season the current group is who has to get it done. It's ugly, and I'm really no Anselmi fan, but I don't see anti-Anselmi banners working or helping. The investment in a youth academy shouldn't be overlooked.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When all the people hired don't work out at some point you need to look at the people doing the hiring.

When is MLSE going to take a hard look at the people doing the hiring?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wren View Post
    I know it's easy to make up slogans using MLSE (sorry I forgot a dollar sign is supposed to be the S) but the fact is a team makes more money winning. MLSE has lost millions by not having any of their teams make the playoffs. They have hired GM's who are/were considered the top in their field. Anyone who thinks Anselmi has a say in personnel with the Leafs or Raptors is delusional, Burke or Colangello wouldn't work here under those conditions. Why would things be different with TFC? They took a gamble hiring Winter, but most here seemed happy with the direction the team was heading. Winter must be given the season and realistically Anselmi isn't going anywhere. The mess we're in is bad, but more changes and chaos is the last thing TFC needs. For the remainder of the season the current group is who has to get it done. It's ugly, and I'm really no Anselmi fan, but I don't see anti-Anselmi banners working or helping. The investment in a youth academy shouldn't be overlooked.
    Chris, I am not saying MLSE or Anselmi don't WANT to win, they obviously DO WANT TO WIN.

They don't know how though.

I am not in any way suggesting that they are 'throwing the playoffs away to save money' we have the third highest payroll in MLS and including all the infrastructure maybe the most total money spent. (No real idea, correct me if wrong)

Playoffs = LOTS OF MONEY

I just don't think that Anselmi is the person to take us there.

As I said, we have gone through 6 managers, 100s of players, a few 'plans' and 'visions', consultants and possibly a psychic or two.

All have come and gone, while MLSE and Anselmi have not.

I could be TOTALLY wrong, but it seems to me it is not just correlation but causality.

I had to explain to my son why we aren't going to the Liverpool game, he is SEVEN going on eight. You know what he said? "Why don't they fire the guys that are going to get our players hurt?"

From the mouths of babes...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to explain to my son why we aren't going to the Liverpool game, he is SEVEN going on eight. You know what he said? "Why don't they fire the guys that are going to get our players hurt?"

From the mouths of babes...
    A LEGEND at SEVEN. Well said.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is an excellent article about the structural problems at TFC
    http://www.goal.com/en-ca/news/4175/...end-toronto-fc