Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why TFC?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    god i wish i could have the power to make you a god
    i never cared for the sport till TFC came along.
    everything around here, well it's not great. heck even the MLS isn't, but hey it good enough for me to complain about.
    I echo the 'never cared for a sport'

Go to leafs/jays/marlies games but it is more of a 'night out' I cheer for the leafs except when they play the habs (which I can't afford tix to)

I didn't understand soccer until my son got into it and I got a crash course. Once I UNDERSTOOD the game, and knew what was going on I fell in love.

Soccer is best watched live (I think NFL is best watched on TV, other that the craziness) I will go with my boys on bike rides by Cherry Beach and if a game is going on we will stop and watch and take it in.

Soccer is truly the beautiful game, TFC is like my first love, I watch Serie A and say 'man, I wish we had that quality here' but it is like looking at some super model saying 'man, I wish I was shagging her'

TFC is who I got, and I will stick by her. (insert ugly joke here)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    Yes.

Most people who hate Toronto are Western Canadians, or people from the GTA who have the same bullshit 'I need to get out of this town' mentality that exists in every city in the world. I'm from Calgary and it's hard to believe sometimes how many Calgarians want to go to Vancouver, which as far as I can tell consists exclusively of pretentious yuppies, pretentious hippies, ultrapretentious West Coast-type hipsters, the homeless, drug gangs, and prostitutes. And moreover is a tremendously ugly urban space with some nice scenery around it. They usually come back two years later hating their decision.

K, sorry for ranting, but the point is really that while Toronto is not LA or New York to most people, it's certainly the case that a lot of people, those more open-minded/urban AND those more traditional/suburban will love Toronto because it's a fantastic city that affords a multiplicity of lifestyles. And it's a much better city than LA. I'm honestly convinced that to players outside those with a certain mindset (let's call it the Beckham mindset), Toronto would face more of a challenge from Chicago or Seattle than from LA.
    Fuck I hate Vancouver! I dont mind losing, but I REALLY don't like being behind Vancouver in the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    Fuck I hate Vancouver! I dont mind losing, but I REALLY don't like being behind Vancouver in the league.
    Same. I understand the historical rivalry between Montreal and Toronto, but I can't help but hate the Whitecaps much, much more than the Impact, because I just hate Vancouver that much.

And in hockey, most Flames fans take the Canucks rivalry much more seriously for that reason (not really because Vancouver is a better hockey team than Edmonton) than the traditional city rivalry of Calgary-Edmonton.

Fuck I hate Vancouver.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why TFC,Why not?
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My take. Three words:

Support Local Football

I've lived in different parts of the world and the amount of fashionistas I've seen sporting the merchandise of top flight soccer clubs, America football, baseball and basketball teams humours me. I'm willing to bet that the majority of these people have no connection to these clubs or cities in any form whatsoever except that they have won some trophies and/or are popular. Having said that though, people have the right to support any club/team they like and there is nothing any of us can do about it but shake our heads.

I should add that I own several clubs soccer jerseys, not for fashion reasons or based on their silverware, but because I lived in those cities and attended/supported those clubs when I was living there.
    Last edited by Code Red; 04-22-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some good points, including number of people talking about SUPPORT LOCAL FOOTBALL. I hope so see few more people at Academy games this year. Help support local football and grow football culture.

This is your city, this is your club. THIS IS YOUR STORY.

When it comes to football we sing and dance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Nobody is more surprised than I am at having two green cards beside my name.

It's all yours Billy. Use the infamy well!
    I know the identity of one of the red carders. He is in trouble next game.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    I know the identity of one of the red carders. He is in trouble next game.
    Don't get me started on this card system. LOL

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's no surprise who gave him the card.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roogsy if I could give you a third green card for protection I would - when did your mother become a moderator anyhow?