Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    spot on

i am not nearly ready to give up on winter and his plans
    these guys are trying to bring decent football to toronto that was always the plan --- it dont happen overnight lets continue to support them and in the long term the success will be worth it
    I think the idea was goid, if you have a $20m+ payroll. Where is Klinssman from? Maybe a bit biased?

What if we had a Mexican come up and tell us 5-3-2 was the way to go in MLS (something I think may work here) or a proper 2 way 4-5-1

Or hey, there is this crazy new fangled formation 4-4-2

It isn't an accident that it is the most used in the world, getting fancy with formations is what you do to either:

Compensate for weaknesses

Have super strong players that can take added pressure (Stud defense for 3-4-3 for example)

I think Winter showed on Saturday that he is clueless, it looked to me as though Frings changed the formation, not Winter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    I think the idea was goid, if you have a $20m+ payroll. Where is Klinssman from? Maybe a bit biased?

What if we had a Mexican come up and tell us 5-3-2 was the way to go in MLS (something I think may work here) or a proper 2 way 4-5-1

Or hey, there is this crazy new fangled formation 4-4-2

It isn't an accident that it is the most used in the world, getting fancy with formations is what you do to either:

Compensate for weaknesses

Have super strong players that can take added pressure (Stud defense for 3-4-3 for example)

I think Winter showed on Saturday that he is clueless, it looked to me as though Frings changed the formation, not Winter.
    Exactly, and what is the purpose of limiting our future coaching options by locking into a 4-3-3 approach anyway?

oh yeah to ensure that were playing 4-3-3-ten years from now and is part of our bottled culture.....cause that's crucial right?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Exactly, and what is the purpose of limiting our future coaching options by locking into a 4-3-3 approach anyway?

oh yeah to ensure that were playing 4-3-3-ten years from now and is part of our bottled culture.....cause that's crucial right?
    'total football is bred in our bones don't you know?' it has a long history in Toronto dating back a FULL YEAR!

I think we can at least TRY, with our current roster:

5-3-2
    4-5-1
    4-1-4-1
    4-1-3-1-1
    4-1-3-2

Or crazy old 4-4-2!

We need a leader who is going to come out when we lose and say 'our boys played great, some mess ups happen on the field, sometimes off the field, I am going to try to fix it for next time'

Was that so hard?

Dont throw our boys under the fucking bus you ass! I have more loyalty for Eck alone in my pinky than I have for you, self serving twat!

What a dick!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it sad that the trend "du jour" is this system made famous by my beloved Barcelona. But soccer is a global game and nobody has the one solution to end all strategies. Each team, country and region must look at their strengths and weaknesses and adapt.

Copying someone else just makes for a poor replica. It's lazy, tunnel-visioned and will not produce long-term success.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    Dont throw our boys under the fucking bus you ass! I have more loyalty for Eck alone in my pinky than I have for you, self serving twat!

What a dick!!!
    Bring it down a notch, please.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im just making a general observation here though, but what a difference from year one.

Is it possible that were a little too tight? Public figures are fair game and this is a soccer supporters board.

I actually miss bhoybobby and would love to hear his opinion these days, but characters like that would be shut down in a heartbeat today and Im wondering if thats stifled the environment and maybe also prevented some truth. I agree this kind of language shouldnt be employed when calling out other members and users, but people in the media?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I find it sad that the trend "du jour" is this system made famous by my beloved Barcelona. But soccer is a global game and nobody has the one solution to end all strategies. Each team, country and region must look at their strengths and weaknesses and adapt.

Copying someone else just makes for a poor replica. It's lazy, tunnel-visioned and will not produce long-term success.
    Barca is hardly a 4-3-3 team anyway.

I swear they often play with 10 interchangeable midfielders. Try replicating that.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If an MLS team ever tried to play like Barcelona, they'd have a collective aneurysm.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Barca is hardly a 4-3-3 team anyway.

I swear they often play with 10 interchangeable midfielders. Try replicating that.
    Im absolutely convinced too, that if the Barca coach were to go out one game, after studying his opponent and decided 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 was the best strategy for that particular game, each player would be able to play their part with the same sublime skill and efficiency that Barcelona players have.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Chances are, we are going to start 0-7 with a visit to RSL this weekend. Barring a miracle, this season is already pretty much a writeoff, so looking at it in that light, I figure why not give Winter until the end of the season. If things continue on their current course, maybe finally it won't be just the coach or general manager who get the axe. Maybe finally, some of the suits will have to take the fall as well. That's the only silver lining I can see for this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im absolutely convinced too, that if the Barca coach were to go out one game, after studying his opponent and decided 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 was the best strategy for that particular game, each player would be able to play their part with the same sublime skill and efficiency that Barcelona players have.
    Pep adjusts all the time, in each game we played against barca he made adjousments, it is only natural. He address what he sees as weakness, bringing in Ibar to have a more classic CF. He does not stay pat and sue the same tactics and formation game in and game out.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Pep adjusts all the time, in each game we played against barca he made adjousments, it is only natural. He address what he sees as weakness, bringing in Ibar to have a more classic CF. He does not stay pat and sue the same tactics and formation game in and game out.

Madness!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Chances are, we are going to start 0-7 with a visit to RSL this weekend. Barring a miracle, this season is already pretty much a writeoff, so looking at it in that light, I figure why not give Winter until the end of the season. If things continue on their current course, maybe finally it won't be just the coach or general manager who get the axe. Maybe finally, some of the suits will have to take the fall as well. That's the only silver lining I can see for this season.
    Sadly, there's some sense to that. My major concern would be the potential for completely demoralizing the players. It was sad watching Wineter's post-game on Saturday. Even worse reading some of the players reactions to what he said.

Unbelievable that this season could be over by the end of friggin' April!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Madness!
    that is right. Change=instability=bad.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Alright, there seems to be a similar discussion going on in a few different threads, which is good, but there is also a lot of sniping and between the lines derision, sarcasm and belittling taking place which is not acceptable. Again, feel free to discuss the topics at hand, feel free to disagree, but belittling points of view will no longer be tolerated.

If you can't have a discussion by stating your opinion and you side of things without also implying or outright stating that those on the opposing side of the argument are little more than idiots, then you will not be welcome to discuss on this forum and you will be banned. I'm sorry it has to come to this, but there have been posts on many different sides of this discussion that are crossing the line of gentlemanly discussion.

Last warning.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Apparently it's a common feature of concentration camps. Once people realize they're in one, wild fistfights and altercations will erupt inside the camp amongst the inmates.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”