Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Maybe it was Teitur Tots fault.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three-year plan my left ass cheek. If I hear that again, I'm going to blow a gasket. In MLS you can go from "shite to right" in a single season. This team just can't figure it out.
    Last edited by Juanito; 04-21-2012 at 11:28 PM.
    ¡Vamos Celta!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that the ass cheek with the tattoo?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^

¡Vamos Celta!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I am waiting for the appologist to start comming out in force. The kool aid is mighty strong.
    Unnecessary. This is the kind of post that starts a pointless argument.

If you want to challenge a specific person's argument, then do so. Intentionally non-specific condescension about "apologists" and "kool aid" is not required.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They say that the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Maybe we should try doing the one thing we haven't yet - hiring a PROVEN MLS coach who has had success in this league before. How much can we pay to tempt Sigi?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure if someone here mention this or not, but Dunfield played well today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren View Post
    They say that the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Maybe we should try doing the one thing we haven't yet - hiring a PROVEN MLS coach who has had success in this league before. How much can we pay to tempt Sigi?
    Didn't TFC hire Perki? He was proven MLS coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Didn't TFC hire Perki? He was proven MLS coach.
    Success? Apparently he left Chivas by mutual consent because he failed to make progress to latter stages of MLS playoffs. I'm talking about a bona-fide, winning MLS coach.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^

The problem we now face is that no respectable coach is going o want to come to the circus that is TFC.
    ¡Vamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    It would be nice if someone could decipher what it says.
    I just took the Leafs apology and made obvious name changes to re-word it for TFC. Didn't expect it would have needed to be read, just a joke gone wrong I guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren View Post
    Success? Apparently he left Chivas by mutual consent because he failed to make progress to latter stages of MLS playoffs. I'm talking about a bona-fide, winning MLS coach.
    How many winning MLS coaches with winning record out there right now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ironically, the Champions League run may have cost us the season. The team played ok in its first 5 or so games, just none of them were in the league. And before you can say fire Vinter we're 0-6.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Eh, wasn't that bad of a game. Although defensive lapses continue to be the story at least the offense is encouraging. Frings looked good in a more advanced position, makes you wonder why he wasn't used there earlier. I thought Eckersley had a good solid game but Stinson was terrible, showed no reason to get another start.

Cann and Frings are too slow for one on one foot races which happen frequently with the gaps we leave in midfield. For the next match I would pair Cann up with either Henry or Emory and push Frings up the field where he can have a bigger impact on the game and try to counter RSL's dominating midfield.
    yeah pretty much this.
    obviously not psyched on the 6th loss in a row but oddly a bit more positive after this game.
    still 50/50 on winter, dunno if i want him gone completely, maybe a move around with DeKlerk running academy (if possible), Rongen as coach and Winter upstairs. Kinda feel like Mariner needs to make himself useful as far as acquisitions are concerned, Winter still has yet to prove himself tactically as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Can someone explain how Torsten Frings giving up the ball 26 seconds into the game and then Kocic coming waaaay out his area to get deeked out and scored on Winter's fault? Without those two fuck ups we win 2-1!

What about Plata's lack of creativity? or the fact that at one point in the second half when Eckersley was running around like a chicken with his head cut off all over the pitch?

At what point do the players count for the fault of the loss instead of the entire blame being put on the manager?

Why are we not hearing from Mariner? He is the key to this franchises success in the MLS! We haven't heard a peep from him!

Lots of blame to be pointed a lot of places.
    yeah gotta say a couple of these things have been overlooked by people.
    im not excusing the game by anymeans but id like to hear some opinions on these

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck this day for footy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2012/0...-april-21-2012

People are just drilling Aron Winter with topics like De Guzman, about how he can say theres progress made if they are 0-6. its an interesting press conference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think hope died today. When you have such a dire, leaderless, directionless, impotent performance in front of a half empty stadium where chicagos 75 travellers can make more noise then its curtains. The season is already done. Its going to take years to recover from this if that can even happen. Very depressed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to make you feel worse 123 but the Kelly article in the Star on the game is already up and he's pointing to a situation far worse than someone like me, a bonafide Winter critic, can possibly imagine.

If even half of what he says is true (and I have no reason to doubt his report) things are not getting better anytime soon.

This is MoJo the sequel and supporters are sitting here taking it with a smile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So yesterday Winter was trying to ram a 4 3 3 that won't work down the clubs throat, he wouldn't make any changes to tactics or formations and that's why he's bad.
    Today he's bad because he can't decide where to play Frings, and moved guys into different places and tried a different formation. Even changing formations midway through the game. Mkay.

Tfc played a good game today outside of the first 5 minutes, and 2 fuck ups by Kocic. Watch the game again (or at least the game in 6). We had a lot of possession, and not possession in our end or in the midfield, in their end of the pitch. We looked dangerous on almost every rush. Chicago could get no sustained pressure at any point, all goals came totally against the run of play. The first one, Kocic basically threw the ball to the Chicago player. The 3rd goal he came out of the box, and wasn't close to getting the ball, when there were 2 TFC defenders closing the guy anyways. Those 2 plays dont happen, and we won. The TFC that lost today was 10x better than the TFC of the past few games

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not knowing where to play Frings isn't a bad thing?

If we're to believe Catheter Kelly, it's possible Winter isn't even seeing eye-to-eye with Frings on where to play. Does that sound like a manager in control?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys want to know where the apologists are? They felt somewhat optimistic after a greatly improved effort from the club, checked this thread and said fuck this, it's just depressing. I did it right after the game and walked away and I should've done it tonight as well.

I think he knows exactly where to play Frings. The difference came when we needed goals later in the game, Frings pushed forward. I don't think anyone thinks he should be playing striker full time. We all know he should play DM, if you have a better option to captain the defense I'm all ears. And Frings knows that too. When a team is 0-6, there's always stories about stuff like that. Remember the media market we're in. I mean, when the hell did Cathal Kelly become any sort of trusted source on TFC related news. Or anything for that matter

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I figured we'd question Kelly.

Funny...if someone reported it on this board as inside info it would be questioned because it's not on the record.

Here Kelly has it on the record and we still question it.

Sometimes there just isn't enough proof in the world...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    So yesterday Winter was trying to ram a 4 3 3 that won't work down the clubs throat, he wouldn't make any changes to tactics or formations and that's why he's bad.
    Today he's bad because he can't decide where to play Frings, and moved guys into different places and tried a different formation. Even changing formations midway through the game. Mkay.

Tfc played a good game today outside of the first 5 minutes, and 2 fuck ups by Kocic. Watch the game again (or at least the game in 6). We had a lot of possession, and not possession in our end or in the midfield, in their end of the pitch. We looked dangerous on almost every rush. Chicago could get no sustained pressure at any point, all goals came totally against the run of play. The first one, Kocic basically threw the ball to the Chicago player. The 3rd goal he came out of the box, and wasn't close to getting the ball, when there were 2 TFC defenders closing the guy anyways. Those 2 plays dont happen, and we won. The TFC that lost today was 10x better than the TFC of the past few games
    You know what... with respect. Its just not the case. The reality is (and i dont take any pleasure in saying it) is that we didn't look dangerous. Posession means nothing. No-one wins on possession.The reality with all this seasons games i've seen (missed the seattle game) is that we are the lucky ones. Looking at Chicago today... in defence they were never overly stretched or panicked. WE scored a wonder goal. That happens with every team. We scored a goal where we got a break of the ball. But Chicago didn't actually threaten us that much during the game and they scored three times and hit the bar. They did that on us on about half the attacking opportunities. Quite easily becase they see our utter lack of coordination. So did Chivas,columbus, montreal and lets not even go to SJ. We are an absolute disorganised rabble in the middle of the park. Uncoordinated up front. For all teh chances we had what did we actually do? Some crosses to no-one? The most worrying aspect of play this seson is that our 'moments' rely on individual efforts almost entirely. Lambe had a good game today but it was because he was turning players and running at them and getting shots off. It wasn't because he was making any effective linking play with anyone. Players weren't feeding off him or moving into space. How did that first goal happen. One pass and an individual effort. We actually haven't produced a decent team effort goal since the LA skydome game. Thats what f****wrong here. It isn't a team. Its like 5 year olds in the park all running at the ball and occasionally something happens to make the parents smile. We are the parents. I'm not f***** smiling anymore though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Waggy to he criticism on Winter isn't that he doesn't change his tactics, it's that he doesn't change them to effective tactics. One shows knowledge and intuition, the other shows panic and indecision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just read that Kelly article. Not much argument with that especially the "Under Winter, this club has no midfield to speak of." line. Said that since 2nd game last year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I figured we'd question Kelly.

Funny...if someone reported it on this board as inside info it would be questioned because it's not on the record.

Here Kelly has it on the record and we still question it.

Sometimes there just isn't enough proof in the world...
    Who is this royal "we" you're referring to? Waggy is the one questioning Kelly. Refer to him.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patience Scott...patience. You'll see...

In the Winter thread there's another. As Sunday goes by I expect many others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was really hard to sing any song today. I was doing it but wasn't feeling it at all. My buddy who has never been to a TFC game said the drunken Spaniards sitting behind him at a blue jays game last season were louder than the crowd at the game today... but I can't blame the crowd it is all on the team. Can't disagree with his statement.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Chicago fans were pretty good in 104. They even had a horn. But they didn't use it well.

They should have sampled the 2 Live Crew with it.

Oh me so horn - y (blat blat blat blat)
    Oh me so horn - y (blat blat-blat-blat)

*sigh* after 30 seconds in to that game that's where my mind went. Cheesy chants.