RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

morning d.

thanks for bringing the news day in and day out
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Oh no! We Suck AGAIN!

YOU CAN DO IT!You can do it ALll Niiight LONG!
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d

and bottjer saying one option is to sack winter is a foolish thing to say and solves nothing
    then he goes on to say how champions league tired them out mentally and physically which is spot on
    then talks about the youngers playing in canadian nutralite which is the only way to go
    the first team needs to focus on mls bar none this year
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pekduck View Post
    morning d.

thanks for bringing the news day in and day out
    My first stop everyday....even if it is a little depressing at times.....

Dom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MY opinion is sack Tom Ansalmi and Paul Berne not Aron Winter,I hope that when rogers bell take over I hope they sack all these MOFOs from MLSE !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Scooter,

I actually don't think that Winter should be fired and tried to allude to the dangers inherent in going down the coaching change road again. At the same time, if the team is 0-6 next Friday, you have to think that the powers that be will be looking at the option. In fact, I would be surprised if they are not already considering that. I think there are only two reasons to consider such a change: 1. Winter has lost the dressing room or 2. It's been determined that his tactics don't work in the MLS - (I think they have already been proven to be successful when implemented correctly.) In any case, the main thrust of the article was really to highlight my belief that the CL is a big reason for the slow league start and that TFC has to focus on the league at the expense of the Amway.CL.

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"MY opinion is sack Tom Ansalmi and Paul Berne not Aron Winter,I hope that when rogers bell take over I hope they sack all these MOFOs from MLSE ! "

+1 Bring in soccer minds and hire a good accountant for a fraction of the price
    Last edited by Sweeper; 04-16-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't Paul B just work on the business side of TFC? I thought he basically has nothing to do with the product on the field?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    Doesn't Paul B just work on the business side of TFC? I thought he basically has nothing to do with the product on the field?
    I seem to recall in the first year of Townhalls someone asked him point blank whose head would be on the block if the team crapped out again and PB said it would be him. I also distinctly remember him or a video signing the paperwork for JDG, so I'm pretty sure he has hand in operations outside of giving handshakes to Scotts Turfbuilder or Home Depot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Jennifer Benson woman has actual names in the so-called Red Patch Boys group scandal:

#TFC Supporters Group Scandal - Red Patch Boys' R.Wagner, P.Lewicki, B.Aguilar, J.Depoe & 'Parkdale' on MLSE payroll.. Pres. P.Tobin = clean

https://twitter.com/#!/wordonbaystre...95275109253120

This B***** better have proof.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    This Jennifer Benson woman has actual names in the so-called Red Patch Boys group scandal:#TFC Supporters Group Scandal - Red Patch Boys' R.Wagner, P.Lewicki, B.Aguilar, J.Depoe & 'Parkdale' on MLSE payroll.. Pres. P.Tobin = cleanhttps://twitter.com/#!/wordonbaystre...95275109253120This B***** better have proof.
    wha ? For starters your that Twitter page no longer exists. What's this about anyway ? Garbage on the internets ?
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BottjerRNO View Post
    Hi Scooter,I actually don't think that Winter should be fired and tried to allude to the dangers inherent in going down the coaching change road again. At the same time, if the team is 0-6 next Friday, you have to think that the powers that be will be looking at the option. In fact, I would be surprised if they are not already considering that. I think there are only two reasons to consider such a change: 1. Winter has lost the dressing room or 2. It's been determined that his tactics don't work in the MLS - (I think they have already been proven to be successful when implemented correctly.) In any case, the main thrust of the article was really to highlight my belief that the CL is a big reason for the slow league start and that TFC has to focus on the league at the expense of the Amway.CL.Steve
    Remember when that survey came around and asked us all whether we'd prefer to see attractive, but losing football or a winning, yet dull team ? Yeah, well, they knew then what we know now - that this process was going to be a long one. Our success in the CL has had something to do with our 0-6 start to this season, but even without the trips to Mexico and all that we'd probably still have a middlinf record at best. I'm prepared to say that Aron is here for at least another season (this one) and a half (next year). If by half way through next year we're not seeing any improvement, I'm sure MLSE will pull the plug on the Ajax experiment, and we'll see a North American style 4-4-2 brought in. Which will be sad, really.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting character assassination piece on Winter by Matthew Sciantitti in the Post. Pretty lousy piece of journalism... the press is getting as whiny as many of the supporters. He cites "bad luck" "defensive mistakes" and "lack of offensive sharpness" quotes by Winter as Winter avoiding the issue. What is he supposed to say? It's pretty well known that Winter doesn't talk tactics publicly. Not that most of the mainstream soccer writers would understand them... but they need to sound as though they do. Maybe Sciantitti should try writing about football.
    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...t-rough-start/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting read(IMO) on Eurosnobs

http://sports.sympatico.ca/home/thes..._time/18313a3b

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Interesting character assassination piece on Winter by Matthew Sciantitti in the Post. Pretty lousy piece of journalism... the press is getting as whiny as many of the supporters. He cites "bad luck" "defensive mistakes" and "lack of offensive sharpness" quotes by Winter as Winter avoiding the issue. What is he supposed to say? It's pretty well known that Winter doesn't talk tactics publicly. Not that most of the mainstream soccer writers would understand them... but they need to sound as though they do. Maybe Sciantitti should try writing about football.
    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...t-rough-start/

Lousy journalism because he points out Winter's failings and that is "whining"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Lousy journalism because he points out Winter's failings and that is "whining"?
    What failings? I don't see any tactical analysis of Winter's failings here. He just doesn't like Winter's explanations... Winter doesn't make good copy... his English is not good, he's not 'media friendly'.... but who cares? I'd say that's whining for better copy... but me thinks he needs to write better articles.