Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What do you love about TFC games?

Thought some positivity was in order, so I figured I would honestly ask you all what you LOVE about TFC games?

I love spending time with my son, I love the excitement on his face and that he lights up every time we see BMO field, even if it is just passing it on the highway.

There are lots of other things but I want to hear from others.

Please no negative crap, there are about 100 threads going with negative crap...

Cheerleader Dave

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like seeing my friends, the sense of community and seeing live football.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The view of the City from the west stands, upper deck.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    All of this. I never thought this is how my love of TFC would develop. My passion for this team goes beyond just football, its being in the stands on beautiful summer day and god awful monsoons; knowing all of you share my love of this team. Like I tell my friends who don't get it, there is something about gameday that gives me goosebumps even 5 and a bit years on. Many of us don't know each other by name but we recognize one other, perhaps we have nicknames (you know who you are Skinny Carl), TFC is more than a team, its a community. Its just unfortunate that community is based around a poor excuse of a football club.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love going to the game and then build up to the game - I'm happy as anybody until the kick off whistle sounds - then its all downhill! And I love the pies from the north east corner.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love:

Holding my scarf high and belting out O Canada.

Singing Dichio, the look of the grass, the smell of the food, the sense of anticipation.

The incredible thrill when the ball nestles in the back of the net, and 20,000 fans go nuts.

The camaraderie of my fellow supporters.

Players like Eckersley, and I'm proud that he has found a home here...just like me.

There is a team on the field, and a team in the stands. I am part of the latter and we changed the way that soccer is supported in North America.

Only one other MLS team in recent history has gone as far into the CONCACAF Champions League as we have. We should not have made it out of the group stages...but we did. We should not have got past LA...but we did. We should not have got past Santos Laguna...and with less than 45 minutes to play, even THAT dream was still alive. We were the envy of every other fan in North America. IT WAS EPIC!!!
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should add that I love being there with my son. In an age where so many parents seem estranged from their children, this is far from the case with my son and I. TFC is one of our common passions.

I love being there with my best friend. We've got drunk together, we've been there for each other through some tough, tough times, but we hold our scarves high, and sing till our throats are raw.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    I should add that I love being there with my son. In an age where so many parents seem estranged from their children, this is far from the case with my son and I. TFC is one of our common passions.

I love being there with my best friend. We've got drunk together, we've been there for each other through some tough, tough times, but we hold our scarves high, and sing till our throats are raw.
    I'm pleasantly surprised by the knowledge and enjoyment of the women, whether with or without their partners at the game.....definitely cuts the testosterone levels,..thank god.......easy on the eyes as well,....and as said the many kids, all ages, shows how many potential future fans are there......it is great meeting people , one might never know.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love seeing the good friends I have made thru TFC who I rarely if ever see at other times.
    I love the excitement/expectation I feel before every kick off ... I know it's weird ... but I really do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    this. i still love coming to bmo.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoy seeing the friends I have made too. Just being at my seat in BMO Field feels special. On a beautiful day it is a great feeling. I don't get away much from home due to my personal situation so I don't get much stress relief time. I find that the experience of attending the game gives me the same feeling, in terms of stress relief, as a weekend away. I know it may sound weird and it feels odd to tell some people that especially when they are not really into soccer because I know they think I am crazy. This is the only place where people may know what I mean. Now if they could win this year that feeling can get even better.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love seeing fans headed to BMO in transit. im traveling from scarborough for most of the games i attend, so whenever i catch a TFC fan on the 86 or at kennedy we always exchange a look and a nod. it's hard to describe but you can normally tell what they're thinking, im sure youve felt it too. its varied from "this is my first game" to "im a casual" to "here we go again, eh?"

also: i also love keeping yeomans jets jersey in my backpack.
    Last edited by __wowza; 04-16-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The guys in 110 are a great bunch to hang out with. Very knowledgeable about the game. Lot's of good conversation to be had in that section.

But the main reason I love going to BMO is to watch the game unfold around the whole field. You can't get that sense on TV. I love seeing what the D are doing when the ball is moving up the field into the attacking zone. Or watching a player on the other side of the pitch calling for a switch when the ball is stuck on the other side etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love watching football period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I love watching football period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of men running around in tight little shorts

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I love seeing the pitch and being in the stadium period. I also love Chatting with people, making new friends and just wearing the jersey. Im also proud to be apart of a supporters group and being apart of a group.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being There.

Growing Something.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yelling at the players how shit there doing, makes me feel good about myself!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been taking my son to games since he was 1. Despite my wife's reservations about the language and general madness of sitting in 115 (it has calmed down a bit over the years), he actually now gets mad if I take someone else to the game.
    On a side note, I had a proud moment last season when he asked me if he could shout at the goalie of the other team like the other people were doing. Not knowing what was going to come out of my 5 year olds mouth - I said have it. I still laugh when I think about him yelling "Hey Neilson - you like like a potato!"
    We're building memories here - the winning memories will come soon!

Plus I love seeing the grass field.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Funk View Post
    I have been taking my son to games since he was 1. Despite my wife's reservations about the language and general madness of sitting in 115 (it has calmed down a bit over the years), he actually now gets mad if I take someone else to the game.
    On a side note, I had a proud moment last season when he asked me if he could shout at the goalie of the other team like the other people were doing. Not knowing what was going to come out of my 5 year olds mouth - I said have it. I still laugh when I think about him yelling "Hey Neilson - you like like a potato!"
    We're building memories here - the winning memories will come soon!

Plus I love seeing the grass field.
    My 7 year old yells out 'hey keeper, I'm your daddy'

He has NOOOOOOOO idea what on earth it means, but it is damned funny.

Last week he was yelling out "you stink like goats" which was pretty clever IMO.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    yelling at the players how shit there doing, makes me feel good about myself!
    Ya, I kind of like calling DK 'fattie'

Note, he is 6'4" 230, I am 5'9" 230...

Hello Pot, this is kettle calling...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A high level of Football in Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Growing Something.
    This too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love having a team in Toronto to cheer for. I find it hard to cheer for any team that isn't based in my city!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seeing the group at the bar before the game.
    feeling the anticipation while walking up to the stadium with the crowd.
    haning out with my buddy and watching some ball.
    singing.
    jumping.
    clapping.
    yelling at the ref.
    cheering when we put one in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing else matters when I am in the stands. I love that feeling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just love watching the game live. Also love the free pizza our row got on saturday, which made a brutal game slightly better. Doubt that ever happens again but the performance can only improve i imagine.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't been to nearly as many home games as I used to, but despite our record on the pitch, I still really miss watching the team play live. Standing in 112 next to the drum and among the other supporters just makes the gameday experience so much better than watching alone or at a pub. I feel you invest yourself more into what's going on the pitch when you're a part of a larger crowd like that.

I may criticise and moan when we're playing poorly, but in the back of my mind I know that seasons change and coaches and players come and go, so there's always the next game to look forward to.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 04-16-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look forward to the game build up throughout the week. Game day is great, especially on a Saturday. I like riding the transit across town, and seeing so many other fans. I for myself enjoy sitting in my seat next to my mate with a nice cool 28oz cup of beer. Overpriced, yep....but I still like em. Love the atmosphere with a good crowd and action on the pitch. It's hard to beat.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the anticipation starting a few days before the game & building. No matter how the last game was, I always look forward to the next one. I love the bike ride to (and back from) BMO, 7 1/2 km all the way through the back streets & parks of Toronto, awesome. Or when the weather's bad, the ride in my door-to-door limo, Bus 63, seeing other TFC fans & often chatting on the way home. I love coming into the stadium, seeing the awesome green of the pitch, and the view of downtown & the islands from Section 225 -- where I've got some great neighbours. I love "Three Little Birds" & the other songs playing pre-game. And I often even like the footy. Finally seeing some better passing, some give & go's, some nice runs & crosses, some movement off the ball, etc. (Still not enough of all the above -- but more than we used to see.) When all that finally produces some goals again, I'll like that even more!
    Last edited by Auzzy; 04-16-2012 at 10:32 PM.