Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Before and after DeRo: Intersting stats (pre-post 37 TFC games)

DeRo last 37 regular season MLS games with TFC

12W 15L 10T = 46 points GF 44 GA 55 = -11

Since DeRo traded, past 37 TFC MLS regular season games

5W 17L 15T = 30 points GF 34 GA 65 = -31

As a season ticket holder I'v had enough of MLSE and their terrible decision making (or lack of them). We traded a great player, DeRo, who ended up winning the 2011 MVP award!

In exchange we recieved Tony Tchani, Danleigh Borman and a First Round pick in the 2012 MLS SuperDraft. These guys are not even in Toronto anymore! For good reasons, they suck!

But, we kept JDG on our payroll at 2M$ a season!

Heads should be rolling after such idiotic team management! The results speak for themselves!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roogsy has a new account! LOL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Say this in Russell Peters' voice: "Somebody is gonna get a banned."

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What a refreshing topic. while we are all having a laugh, can we list the MLS Playoff games under both scenarios? Then perhaps a CCL record comparison?

either or, threads like these always end well. With compassion and understanding for all sides of the debate.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    What a refreshing topic. while we are all having a laugh, can we list the MLS Playoff games under both scenarios? Then perhaps a CCL record comparison?

either or, threads like these always end well. With compassion and understanding for all sides of the debate.
    Although typed with a healthy dose of sarcasm or jest let's try and take the message to heart and stay respectful to difference of opinion..
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

I lol'd pretty hard at this one.

also kids, don't forget that we have a 'user reputation system' in place.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If ifs and buts were candies and nuts....how would this lineup look? Every former player on there ex Wynne was dumped for essentially nothing, I decided I would prefer Wynne to RJ but others might disagree

Eckersley-Wynne-Marshall-Dunivant
    Cronin-Frings-Soolsma
    Dero
    Koevermans-Plata
    Last edited by ensco; 04-15-2012 at 02:14 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    If ifs and buts were candies and nuts....how would this lineup look? Every former player on there ex Wynne was dumped for essentially nothing, I decided I would prefer Wynne to RJ but others might disagree

Eckersley-Wynne-Marshall-Dunivant
    Cronin-Frings-Soolsma
    Dero
    Koevermans-Plata

Now you bring it up...

Interesting to see

Marshall-Wynne together at Colorado
    DeRo-Guevara at DC
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No comment regarding these stats below! I found them to be interesting!

TFC wins less
    TFC loses more
    TFC ties more
    TFC scores less goals
    TFC gets scored on more

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Count only the games that Frings plays in and you get a different result.

Anyone can lie with statistics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Count only the games that Frings plays in and you get a different result.

Anyone can lie with statistics.
    But the choice was really DeRo or JDG, they could have bought out JDG and paid DeRo. I wonder who made the decision...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asterix606 View Post
    No comment regarding these stats below! I found them to be interesting!

TFC wins less
    TFC loses more
    TFC ties more
    TFC scores less goals
    TFC gets scored on more

how about the stats that show the difference in CCL performance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But, we kept JDG on our payroll at 2M$ a season!
    As a season ticket holder I'v had enough of MLSE and their terrible decision making (or lack of them).
    Lets use our heads here for a second?

I am pretty sure I read a lot about how TFC should sign JDG in the summer of 2009.
    In the end, who signed him and gave him a contract that he has not performed to and who gave him 3 and a half years in length?
    That would be Mo Johnston.

Would you rather MLSE act more like a Jerry Jones or the late Al Davis or Daniel Snyder?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A De Ro thread. Wow.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People can run the stats any way they want, we're not a better team post DeRo. Until we are this topic will always be discussed.

IMO, if we let JDG go and kept DeRo I think we'd be a much better team with this present roster.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    Lets use our heads here for a second?

I am pretty sure I read a lot about how TFC should sign JDG in the summer of 2009.
    In the end, who signed him and gave him a contract that he has not performed to and who gave him 3 and a half years in length?
    That would be Mo Johnston.

Would you rather MLSE act more like a Jerry Jones or the late Al Davis or Daniel Snyder?
    It's not that simple.

If you are trying to curry favour with the bosses to get your contract extended, as Mo surely was, your judgment is always affected/coloured by what you think the bosses want.

At that time, the bosses wanted Canadian content, and it's still going on. They still do.

A big part of Winter's plan is a radical ignoring of NCAA soccer and a reliance on the Academy - a plan that is without precedent in North America. Is this really what someone would do unfettered on their own? Sure Klinsmann believed it could work, but does/did anyone with actual MLS team building experience believe that?

It's not hard to imagine that the outcome is influenced by the desires of the bosses.

Winter is executing on a strategy that was influenced by the corporate marketing objectives. Same as Mo.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-15-2012 at 04:01 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    A big part of Winter's plan is a radical ignoring of NCAA soccer and a reliance on the Academy - a plan that is without precedent in North America. Is this really what someone would do unfettered on their own? Sure Klinsmann believed it could work, but does/did anyone with actual MLS team building experience believe that?

It's not hard to imagine that the outcome is influenced by the desires of the bosses.

Winter is executing on a strategy that was influenced by the corporate marketing objectives. Same as Mo.
    does anyone with MLS team building experience work for a team willing to spend ridonkulous amounts of money on youth development? Given time the academy will produce talent superior to the NCAA. Academies work, they're not just some wild crazy new mysterious thing.

But there's no doubt that Winter is following objectives set by others for him. He wasn't hired to do whatever he wanted, he was hired because Klinsman and other TFC people decided that the Dutch possession/attacking oriented 4-3-3 was the way they wanted TFC to go, and they figured that he was the best candidate to implement it. And building the academy was part of his job when he was hired

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Given time the academy will produce talent superior to the NCAA. Academies work, they're not just some wild crazy new mysterious thing.
    Not arguing that.

It's not proven that Academy products will benefit TFC in MLS. The Aleman and Vukovich thing (I really don't have a specific opinion on either player, not looking to rehash that) show that, at a minimum, it's going to be very tricky for TFC to capitalize on Academy talent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what I miss about DeRo? His uncanny ability to shred moral, divide the locker room and bitch about his compensation at every opportunity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    You know what I miss about DeRo? His uncanny ability to shred moral, divide the locker room and bitch about his compensation at every opportunity.
    And yet we won more games.

Now we've removed the passion and fire of anyone who will dissent, we're left with those who like to play co-operative games, and don't rock the boat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yet he still never got us to the playoffs. I'm not overly optimistic about this season but I'm also being a realist when I say an 0-5 start isn't the end of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like i said in another thread, i think that if we kept Dero him and Johnson would play amazing together. Alot of goals would be made and finishing would be right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    But the choice was really DeRo or JDG, they could have bought out JDG and paid DeRo. I wonder who made the decision...

Was it really abour money? We could have kept both andm ore!

MLSE could have put the money down if they wanted to. They were too cheap and screwed the fans in the process.

LA and NY have huge budgets! We should also be up there in salaries. It's a choice from MLSE not to spend it.

0-5 to start the season. Im pissed off!

MLS Team Salaries 2011

Team Median Total
    CHI $80,916.67 $3,296,892.00
    CHV $79,000.00 $2,691,177.80
    COL $62,081.50 $3,173,078.64
    CLB $66,375.00 $3,471,860.83
    DAL $74,500.00 $3,522,437.33
    DCU $71,000.00 $3,324,518.57
    HOU $97,500.00 $3,199,080.20
    SKC $107,531.25 $3,225,771.50
    LAG
    $96,000.00 $12,419,679.00
    NER $73,250.00 $3,432,636.34
    NYR
    $96,748.00 $13,397,087.00
    PHI $125,000.00 $3,296,892.00
    POR $74,625.00 $2,652,557.59
    RSL $108,675.00 $3,517,956.76
    SJE $72,000.00 $2,710,774.71
    SEA $85,050.00 $3,465,629.23
    TOR
    $71,833.34 $4,262,444.84
    VAN $65,000.00 $3,570,853.38
    Total $80,000.00 $3,378,577.46

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laughable. Who is left in that dressing room anyway? Crosby is a little shit but the worlds best hockey player. Ronaldo? Please this constant criticism of DeRo has legs only by mlse apologists. That guy could score 40 goals this season and you would still be glad he is gone. My point: he was correct in his assessment of his lousy paycheque. He was correct in criticizing a club that paid more to Mista and JDG. DeRO is Canada's best all time soccer player and had a chance to play in Toronto, his hometown....trading him was the worst decision made by TFC...they should have paid him DP money and everybody knows it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted my joke to be the only contribution to this thread...I am not interested in another 100+ page DeRo discussion.

But I AM interested in finally getting some proof on this statement above, which I have never gotten. It's become accepted fact among TFC supporters that the above is fact vs speculation and I am tired of fabrications being accepted for fact. So in the spirit of backing up your statement, please provide any evidence to that effect. We've seen former colleagues like like Barrett, Henry, and Attakora publicly support him. Several times his own teammates have voted him team MVP here in Toronto and elsewhere. So we know there is an element that believes in him, who were these disgruntled players that felt alienated to the point where we feel it hurt the lockerroom and the team morale? Let's have it. Because if you "miss it" it must've been true!

Once you have presented this evidence, I will not debate it, simply let it be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Laughable. Who is left in that dressing room anyway? Crosby is a little shit but the worlds best hockey player. Ronaldo? Please this constant criticism of DeRo has legs only by mlse apologists. That guy could score 40 goals this season and you would still be glad he is gone. My point: he was correct in his assessment of his lousy paycheque. He was correct in criticizing a club that paid more to Mista and JDG. DeRO is Canada's best all time soccer player and had a chance to play in Toronto, his hometown....trading him was the worst decision made by TFC...they should have paid him DP money and everybody knows it.
    100% with you on that one! The DeRo trade pushed this team back not forward. He was our captain and the best player on the field. MVP for 2011 for crying out loud!

And we traded him for nothing at the end. Crazy!

DeRo last 37 regular season MLS games with TFC = 32.4 win %

Since DeRo traded, past 37 TFC MLS regular season games = 13.5 win %

These types of numbers dont lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to debate this silly topic and I knew I shouldn't have waded into it in the first place. Everyone knows about the clique he formed. Everyone watched him pick his own position regardless of where the coach wanted him to play and everyone had had enough with his cheque signing fiasco. The issue is dead and calling me an MLSE apologist isn't going to bring him back.

I'm done with this thread.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to debate this silly topic and I knew I shouldn't have waded into it in the first place. Everyone knows about the clique he formed. Everyone watched him pick his own position regardless of where the coach wanted him to play and everyone had had enough with his cheque signing fiasco. The issue is dead and calling me an MLSE apologist isn't going to bring him back.

I'm done with this thread.
    Translation: I have no proof I'm just buying into the rumour.

As evidenced with the always popular "everyone knows". Funny that a guy like me with various friendships within the lockerroom was not privy to this info everyone else apparently "knew".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Silly topic" you say. Look at the numbers! We are down to 13.5 win % since he left (Regular season).

0-5 start! There should be a debate about the idiots who traded him (big word: gave him away).

It is the past, but looking at our numbers since he left and our shit start for 2012. Questions should be asked.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may disagree with the manner in which the poster brought this up...and I'm not even sure it's necessary anymore as Winter is doing a good enough job on his own to work his way out...but...

He's right in that the numbers don't lie. You can rationalize it up and down all day long it doesn't change the raw data.