Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm TFC 'til I die, I just hope I don't live very long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Hey things could be a lot worse. We could have DeRo scoring goals and playing exciting football. But then we wouldnt have Koervermans on the team, who is sure to score at least one or two goals this season. We could have 6 losses to date, jeez. LA last year lost 5 games in the entire season, so we still have a chance to match their record, all we have to do is never lose again. And, we could have a real manager, one with mls experience, but then we wouldnt have Winter, that genius who brought us exciting Dutch attacking football, you know, where three guys run up the pitch waving at the fans to make sure they are paying attention. But we are rebuilding, thats right, rebuilding around a 37 year old defender and a guy who gets paid over $1 million per season to prove to the world that he really does have a load of skill even if no other club in the Hemisphere would hire him to clean their clubhouse.
    good post, agree on it 99.9% lol

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it me or should Plata have been subbed out at the half. The ref was letting a lot of physical stuff go, which really hurts his game. He was just getting bowled over...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On an optimistic note: there's a point when tragedy becomes comedy. On a realistic note: Winter must go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    I hate MLSE with a passion! there the reason why the sports team they own are so terrible... and if anyone else thinks otherwise please i beg of you to prove me wrong!
    The Leafs havent won since 67, the Raps old ownership was WAY way worse than MLSE has been and as bad as TFC are, 6 years in they exist and average over 20k a game over their lifespan which really, is shocking. MLSE is bad, there is far far far far worse out there though. Donald Sterling, the racist, tyranical, hooker loving, hooker beating, player berating cheapest SOB to ever own a pro sports team could win a title this year. Luck goes a long way

Edit: Also under MLSE stewardship, the Leafs went to 2 conference finals. The Raps COULD have had a dynasty if Tmac didn't leave (according to Kobe, Vince and Oakley). Both have won divisions. Both have been high seeds in the playoffs
    Last edited by Waggy; 04-14-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    Since the sacking of Mo, what specifically have MLSE done wrong?
    Instead of hiring someone to run the team they hired a consultant who sold them some crap about "culture," and gave them a plan to follow.

Now, of course, the consultant will say the problem has been improper implementation of the plan and MLSE will say the problem was that the plan was not well suited to MLS.

What they should've done was what RSL did and hired a guy with some heart and some connection to the team - they should have made it Danny Dichio's team. But that would have been a gutsy decision, not a safe one like hiring a consultant and no one at MLSE will ever go out on a limb like that.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jack's Random Postgame Thoughts

Cann looked good. Doneil Henry actually looked decent and his presence should nail Ty Harden to the bench for eternity. He was also a lot more reassuring for me than Aceval back there. Avila should get a chance to start, he looked decent. Koevermans needs to learn what corners of the net are, rather than shooting at the middle. I thought Ryan Johnson deserved a goal today, he worked hard and had some decent chances. The goalscorer was Eckersly's man. Ashton Morgan can't cross for shit. I'd almost like to see a backline of Ecks, Cann, Henry and Aceval at left back (where he played a lot in Chile and he seems to know how to cross). Our midfield seems pretty rough - Silva looks like he has good potential, but isn't ready quite yet. Dunfield is a workhorse with limited talent but, sadly, does a better job than JDG. Lambe...he tries, but he should be a backup, not using an international slot.

This game didn't feel so gut-wrenching, but at the same time, there needs to be that sense of urgency we saw in the second half for the whole game. I just get the impression that our guys don't click. There were a lot of instances of miscommunication, passes to bad places and behind guys, mis-timed runs and stuff. Like they don't know each other, for which there is no excuse.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Semi serious question, at what point does Garber start to get worried enough about the future of TFC to start rigging things for us like he does for LA/NYG? I'd lay an over/under of 2 or 3 months

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedFives View Post
    Nuts to sports I'm switching to an arts fan, how's Toronto's Opera team, or what ever they would be called.
    Can you go in my place? My wife gets season tics...

Actually, you just made me feel a lot better. I would most defo rather see TFC lose than go to the opera.

Thanks man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O and five huh? Good thing my heart isn't in this team like it once was. I'm just apathetic now. Call me a fair weather fan if you like, but years of bullshit from MLSE and a revolving door roster of players who lacked skill or heart and in many cases both has just made me bitter. Go TFC.
    Sigh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Is it me or should Plata have been subbed out at the half. The ref was letting a lot of physical stuff go, which really hurts his game. He was just getting bowled over...
    Playing against Plata must feel like playing against a kid..

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Another thing I noticed is, apart from Johnson, Koevermans and Cann, our team is tiny. They pushed us around all over the pitch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Minda played here, he'd be a god. What a nice player.

How's our Ecuadorian defender Caicedo doing?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Another thing I noticed is, apart from Johnson, Koevermans and Cann, our team is tiny. They pushed us around all over the pitch.
    Nah that's just Dunfield falling down as usual. My two year old daughter has more co-ordination. How the man managed to make a career playing pro soccer is truly a mystery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    At least we have a pro soccer team in Toronto!

Let's enjoy that beer at the stadium and have some fun. That's the important thing.
    Its hard to enjoy at $14.00 a beer, lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cann looked good. Doneil Henry actually looked decent and his presence should nail Ty Harden to the bench for eternity. He was also a lot more reassuring for me than Aceval back there. Avila should get a chance to start, he looked decent. Koevermans needs to learn what corners of the net are, rather than shooting at the middle. I thought Ryan Johnson deserved a goal today, he worked hard and had some decent chances. The goalscorer was Eckersly's man. Ashton Morgan can't cross for shit. I'd almost like to see a backline of Ecks, Cann, Henry and Aceval at left back (where he played a lot in Chile and he seems to know how to cross). Our midfield seems pretty rough - Silva looks like he has good potential, but isn't ready quite yet. Dunfield is a workhorse with limited talent but, sadly, does a better job than JDG. Lambe...he tries, but he should be a backup, not using an international slot.

This game didn't feel so gut-wrenching, but at the same time, there needs to be that sense of urgency we saw in the second half for the whole game. I just get the impression that our guys don't click. There were a lot of instances of miscommunication, passes to bad places and behind guys, mis-timed runs and stuff. Like they don't know each other, for which there is no excuse.
    Every lousy team has a few decent players, Rick Vaive scored 50 three times while playing on one of the worst teams in NHL history. TFC continues to lose and to disappoint its fans because losing and not winning creates a fan base willing to support the team through years of ineptitude. Win constantly and you have to spend more and more money bringing the fans back. Losing creates anticipation and desire. Winning is the last thing MLSE wants, so they present you with the illusion of wanting to build a good team, but the reality is that it is simply counter productive for them. It is no fluke that the leafs, the raptors, TFC are garbage teams, just look at the profit margin. If mlse were losing money we would not be having this discussion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    He still made some great plays and fed Kouvermans with that nice cross that he almost flicked into the net.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think a town hall could set this ship right.
    KD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Instead of hiring someone to run the team they hired a consultant who sold them some crap about "culture," and gave them a plan to follow.

Now, of course, the consultant will say the problem has been improper implementation of the plan and MLSE will say the problem was that the plan was not well suited to MLS.

What they should've done was what RSL did and hired a guy with some heart and some connection to the team - they should have made it Danny Dichio's team. But that would have been a gutsy decision, not a safe one like hiring a consultant and no one at MLSE will ever go out on a limb like that.
    Hey I absolutely agree with you that's what they should've done but they did what corporations are supposed to do when they don't have expertise themselves, sometimes you get a good consultant sometimes you don't unfortunately we didn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigh. I'm at a loss for words.

What else can be said regarding this disasterous start to a season that could very well be rendered meaningless mere weeks into the schedule?

I'm almost at the point where I'm not looking forward to going to the stadium anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know what the attendance was?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    Anyone know what the attendance was?
    Pathetic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

18K and change

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought I heard attendance ~15000. Looked like 10 maybe.

Rough day. Rough thread.
    At this point I'm just goin next week for the Chicago hot dogs at the tail gate. Will need motivating to keep my chants up all match in the bunker.
    Last edited by ChrisFizik; 04-14-2012 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Attendance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RE: Attendance

Look at the ticket trader thread, members here desperate to unload for a fraction of Face Value, I'm sure others off the msg board world just eat the tickets. All of this is on a fair weathered Saturday afternoon.

I'm sure that a lot of fans (like me) regret .. .nay ABHORE having made another ticket commitment this season. I know for me I have not got any where near worth the 3k i shipped over to our MLSE overlords last few seasons in exchange of "entertainment". I'm done paying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC need to stop crossing to score goals.. There are better ways to score like through balls or 1v1 runs. Even Barcelona who plays our system never cross, they keep passing the ball around until they can make a nice through ball and score. Ajax do the same thing almost, they do crosses sometime though, but not as much as tfc does. The thing is, this entire match we were playing hoofball where ecks kept hoofing the ball and we kept losing possession. We need to stop hoofing the ball and keep the ball, be comfortable with the ball and make the other team run around in circles instead of us.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Every lousy team has a few decent players, Rick Vaive scored 50 three times while playing on one of the worst teams in NHL history. TFC continues to lose and to disappoint its fans because losing and not winning creates a fan base willing to support the team through years of ineptitude. Win constantly and you have to spend more and more money bringing the fans back. Losing creates anticipation and desire. Winning is the last thing MLSE wants, so they present you with the illusion of wanting to build a good team, but the reality is that it is simply counter productive for them. It is no fluke that the leafs, the raptors, TFC are garbage teams, just look at the profit margin. If mlse were losing money we would not be having this discussion.
    I agree with you.

Our team is simply not good enough and, just like the other teams under the same ownership group, I see no impetus to change that. I think they are just an incredibly inept ownership group who plays things safe and covers their asses. As long as the money comes in, why take risks? That would be a very poor investment strategy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    That's not MLSE...you can look on the sidelines for the answer to that question. So we're placing decisions Winter/Mariner have made on to ownership? I'm anti-MLSE but for proven reasons, not made up stuff.
    Agreed. Anything that is wrong with this team at the moment resides solely on the management, coaches, and players. It will be them who need to fix it.

On the plus side I saved shit-load of cash not going to the game today. Travel, pre-game beers, in-game beers, after game beers, food, cabs. Sometimes when you think it sucks you can't make the game there's a silver lining.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can pretty much agree with all of this.
    Call me crazy but I really can't help feeling that once Torsten is back we are maybe 2 players away from being a decent MLS side.
    Midfield is key- look at today Dunfield, Silva and Johnson...that is way too lightweight especially when the 2 widemen up top are Lambe and Plata and not ball winners. Put TF in there and things look better. I'd like to see Eric Avila,Matt Stinson or Oscar Cordon given a run. VERY interesting to see JDG dropped after a few weeks of doing a piss poor impression of a captian. Hopefully a sign the club is working to ship the tosser out.

Fantastic to see Adrian back- he and Doneil looked good and on the plus side no major defensive brainfarts. We were the better side today and had multiple chances to win the match.

The sky is not falling.

Keep the faith boys and girls, and for those ready to give up on the team you claim to support, go right ahead...those who remain will take much more pleasure when this turns around as we are loyal supporters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vaive was probably drunk half the time. Maybe they should start serving the players at half time.

Could only catch sporadic moments of the game as I was stuck at a family thing. Supply and demand doesn't seem to be working so hot these days eh Paul?

Koevermans.. you gotta put that one in the back of the net man.