Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The god damn fucking Jays! We fucked it in the 8th and 9th to Baltimore AGAIN?!?! That's it. I quit. I can't. I just can't. #TFC #Leafs #Raptors #Jays #Argos #Loserville

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey. On the bright side?
    The Beach Boys are coming to town.
    Fucking yeeaaahhhhh!!!!!!
    KD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    The god damn fucking Jays! We fucked it in the 8th and 9th to Baltimore AGAIN?!?! That's it. I quit. I can't. I just can't. #TFC #Leafs #Raptors #Jays #Argos #Loserville
    It's a long season, but man this is tough to watch after that match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although today was a "New Low", I'm curious to see what happens now that Cann is back, freeing Frings up to be more of a playmaker.

I know that this is putting the messiah yoke on Frings, but, god love the lads, we need a messiah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand how people can quit supporting their team because of performance? Get angry at coaching, management, players yes, but giving up on the team, I don't get it. Never understood band wagon fans.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Not buying out De Guzman's contract maybe? who knows what theyre doing behind the scenes, all I know is every one of their teams TFC, Leafs, Raptors are laughing stalks of their respective leagues over a span of many years.
    That's not MLSE...you can look on the sidelines for the answer to that question. So we're placing decisions Winter/Mariner have made on to ownership? I'm anti-MLSE but for proven reasons, not made up stuff.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by king dave View Post
    Hey. On the bright side?
    The Beach Boys are coming to town.
    Fucking yeeaaahhhhh!!!!!!
    KD.
    Actually the REAL bright side is that Comic Con is in town!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nuts to sports I'm switching to an arts fan, how's Toronto's Opera team, or what ever they would be called.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    At least we have a pro soccer team in Toronto!

Let's enjoy that beer at the stadium and have some fun. That's the important thing.
    I could get behind that if they weren't charging me 12$ a beer. I can put up with a losing team for 7$ a beer in bar or at home. That way I can turn the sound down and leave me only the sound of my own sobbing.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe for the next game we start a "Let's go Blue Jays" chant. That got some media coverage when it happened at the Leafs game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedFives View Post
    Nuts to sports I'm switching to an arts fan, how's Toronto's Opera team, or what ever they would be called.
    The Toronto Toscas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Strans View Post
    It's a long season, but man this is tough to watch after that match.
    I'm still confident in em. Just back to back bullpen losses is tough. Esp considering that 3 of our 4 losses are hanging squarly on middle relief*. Just... arg. The Jays lose when they should win. TFC just loses, and the Raps win when they HAVE to lose. The Jays are our only real hope. If this rebuild doesn't go moderately well, I fear for the psychiatric condition of this city.

SOMEONE JUST THREW A POTATO ON THE FIELD! Awesome.

So ya. I dunno. I honestly just think MLSE is snake bit. Jack of all trades, master of none. Spend crazy money on all teams front offices, bring in the best talent they can, the biggest scouting departments, the best trainers and facilities, the biggest budget they are structurally able to give, and none of it makes a difference. Anywhere.

*notwithstanding an epic jays come back that will salvage my saturday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Maybe for the next game we start a "Let's go Blue Jays" chant. That got some media coverage when it happened at the Leafs game."

Ye but no one gives a shit about TFC to start with

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steveb_ea View Post
    Although today was a "New Low", I'm curious to see what happens now that Cann is back, freeing Frings up to be more of a playmaker.

I know that this is putting the messiah yoke on Frings, but, god love the lads, we need a messiah.
    Ooh dont worry, Frings will every player by the balls after this recent run of games.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But hey! We have a shiny new Academy Training ground where the best product will either leave or be promoted to a 1st team that can't get it's act together! #brightside

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    But hey! We have a shiny new Academy Training ground where the best product will either leave or be promoted to a 1st team that can't get it's act together! #brightside
    or sign for Montreal!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re today though,

apart from the result, I actually have little beef against any 1 player.

But I think Avila deserves the start over Silva next game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silva was actually terrible today! He kept giving the ball away much too easily! Avila definitely deserves a start next weekend!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So ya. I dunno. I honestly just think MLSE is snake bit. Jack of all trades, master of none. Spend crazy money on all teams front offices, bring in the best talent they can, the biggest scouting departments, the best trainers and facilities, the biggest budget they are structurally able to give, and none of it makes a difference. Anywhere.
    I disagree they do spend the most money but they can't seem to find the best tallent. I firmly believe that the leadership of Alselmi and Richard Pettie don't know how to find leaders and people who can run an organization. They just find the highest priced tallent.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually left at the half to enjoy cheaper beers at the bar.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I admit I'll support TFC until the day I die. But I can't condone what has happened today, or so far in the league this season. The CCL results are masking what is turning into the worst TFC season so far. It was wonderful that the TFC players and management could turn up the heat in the CCL, but they need to turn those performances into league games.

I now have VERY little faith that Aron Winter and the current management can turn TFC into a playoff competing team.

I'll support TFC until I die, but I can no longer support the current management team. They seem to have no idea how to set up a winning team.

I don't even have much complaint over the players - I think a lot of them are good players. But there os CLEARLY something very wrong at management level if you can't get a good set of players to turn in a winning performance at home, and not have a semi-decent shot on goal until the 80th minute!

GRRRRRRR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many have predicted Defensive problems, but no one could've predicted a goal drought THIS BAD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    I disagree they do spend the most money but they can't seem to find the best tallent. I firmly believe that the leadership of Alselmi and Richard Pettie don't know how to find leaders and people who can run an organization. They just find the highest priced tallent.
    Yes they're easily suckered first by Mo then by Klinsmann, don't think they did their research when they hired him as a consultant having said that neither did the USSF when they made him coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    That's definitely true. But it's not like they're hiring incompetent people. It's like the team. Go player by player on our roster today vs Chivas, we have more talent than them! But for whatever reason, through however many coaches and 2 gms, the effort just isn't consistantly there. And that I just don't get. I'm of the opinion a coach of a pro team is to decide a roster, implement a strategy and the tactics to go along with it and manage egos. Motivating players to give their max effort on game day isn't one of those things. A pro athlete has to show up ready to play. Frings is our sparkplug, he makes everyone go. Without him we clearly don't have much of a chance, and have ZERO confidence. Short term, that situation is fine. Assuming he comes back, stays healthy and picks up where he left off. If he can hold on for 2 or 3 years, long enough for the academy players to have a chance to really take over (and allow our budget to EXPLODE), we'll be fine. If he can't, I think we're reaching the point where every game there will just be more and more empty seats. Especially once the Euros, then the Olympics take most casual sports fans interest over the next few months. Not to mention if the Jays are competitive. Long story short, I reaaaaaaaaaally hope Frings can turn this thing around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Protest MLSE, not Winter.

Protest their shittiness.

Get them the fuck out of sports forever.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bah humbug.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    Bah humbug.
    Hey things could be a lot worse. We could have DeRo scoring goals and playing exciting football. But then we wouldnt have Koervermans on the team, who is sure to score at least one or two goals this season. We could have 6 losses to date, jeez. LA last year lost 5 games in the entire season, so we still have a chance to match their record, all we have to do is never lose again. And, we could have a real manager, one with mls experience, but then we wouldnt have Winter, that genius who brought us exciting Dutch attacking football, you know, where three guys run up the pitch waving at the fans to make sure they are paying attention. But we are rebuilding, thats right, rebuilding around a 37 year old defender and a guy who gets paid over $1 million per season to prove to the world that he really does have a load of skill even if no other club in the Hemisphere would hire him to clean their clubhouse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of the first five games we should have had points today and in the Columbus game. So dissapointing for the supporters. Start the clock on the end of tenure of Winter & co. Next game is a must win, oh yeah just like today's must win. I think I am going to avoid soccer for a few days....sheese.

Positives, Cann look good, the player's were yelling at each other, they didn't give up, Avila looked good, and Frings return's next week.
    Last edited by TFCwestcan; 04-14-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    The Santos away game was the De Guzman jumps the shark moment for me, this game might have been the TFC breaking point for me. People are pushing on Wither but what about Mariner? The key to success for an MLS team is landing the productive mid tier players. Mariner brought in Caicedo, Aceval and Lambe. Swing and a miss x3.
    The rumor mill is swirling that Marnier and the "MLSers" are being ostracized by the "4-3-3 camp". They have been there since pre-season, but are picking up again. If that's the case - might not be Mariners fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate MLSE with a passion! there the reason why the sports team they own are so terrible... and if anyone else thinks otherwise please i beg of you to prove me wrong!