Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Not sure if this is true or not or what to make of it, but it seems MLSE employees want to diminish the bad discussion of poor results:

Jennifer Benson ‏ @wordonbaystreet

4 MLSE employees exposed after creating accounts to #TFC discussion forum hot-spot redpatchboys.ca. Used accounts to mitigate bad sentiment.

http://twitter.com/#!/wordonbaystree...21187896098816

Not sure if this real or just BS.

I wouldnt be surprised!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised!

Vancouver Whitecaps front office employee let go after being exposed for inciting a witch hunt for MLSE employees on Redpatchboys website.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Not sure if this is true or not or what to make of it, but it seems MLSE employees want to diminish the bad discussion of poor results:

Jennifer Benson ‏ @wordonbaystreet

4 MLSE employees exposed after creating accounts to #TFC discussion forum hot-spot redpatchboys.ca. Used accounts to mitigate bad sentiment.

http://twitter.com/#!/wordonbaystree...21187896098816

Not sure if this real or just BS.
    There are FOUR people tryng to be positive about this team on here?

That seems a little high..

Nice try Jennifer
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Where'd she get that info?
    If the information didn't come from you guys going through IP numbers, then one has to suspect it's all BS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Vancouver Whitecaps front office employee let go after being exposed for inciting a witch hunt for MLSE employees on Redpatchboys website.

Thats epic, but waste imo. I already know Mlse is a disease.

but that should show people that winning by any means, having the advantage/edge over your opponent
    is becoming more apparent in this league and Toronto is being left behind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing I've not seen anyone post about was the hand ball on Ryan Smith, who was already on a yellow. You can really intentionally jump up and catch a ball on the pitch, then go "tee-hee, I thought I was standing out of bounds" in MLS? What the fuck? That is a red card. I got cut from a team as a kid for doing that. What the fuck was up with that?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never expected it to get this bad, however after the epic night at Rogers Centre and advancing in CCL, it was an early peak to our season, then our field general Frings goes down in Seattle, then Frei in training, I got that old Toronto feeling that seems to encompass all of our teams when we are finally looking forward to a season full of promise.

"Through the Highs and the Lows"
    Cant get much lower from here I hope.
    Onward and Upward Boys...

Success in VI.
    how about,
    Success in Game VI.
    might be more appropriate for now.

Edit : I'm going to loose my mind if Winter mentions Bad Luck one more time.
    Last edited by Torontotonto; 04-18-2012 at 06:05 PM.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    If the information didn't come from you guys going through IP numbers, then one has to suspect it's all BS.
    That's what I'm thinking.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Yeah, that is interesting. Well, RSL is trying to build a team to compete in MLS, they hired a former player to be their coach and it's his team. TFC hired a consultant and now it's no one's team.
    Well, Mo Johnston was a former player in MLS IIFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 and 5 wow...cant wait for that ticket increase next season and the transfer window closes today i think,i guess we are stuck with these clowns until summer..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not the system...imo....Winter's player choices seem wrong...of course he has limited choices in the midfield...JDG and Dunfield are pretty much hopeless...surely there's some better options someplace...Mariner MUST get some new blood...and don't give up on DK just yet...get him the ball and he will score....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This club is broken.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find the panic going on over the top.

Frings will be back, and the team will get a result next game. The team was built around Frings, and it needs him. Like I said before it cannot win without him.

Whether the points picked up over the rest of the season is enough to make up for his injury time and get TFC into the playoffs is up for debate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    I really noticed this watching the game on TV, Chivas kept the ball on the ground way more than we did. For all the talk of a possession based system, I didn't see much evidence yesterday.
    This, from the booklet that was handed out at the relocation sessions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaBandit View Post

Pathetic.. Does anyone know when TSN/Rogers take control of this mess? First thing I would love to see is a complete over haul of the upper management..
    I heard on HNIC the proposed sale of MLSE has hit some roadblocks, as the Competition Bureau has some issues with Bell owing both the Leafs and the Canadiens (or something like that).

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

Frings will be back, and the team will get a result next game. The team was built around Frings, and it needs him. Like I said before it cannot win without him.
    What happened to "you don't build around a single" player?

And what does it say about the way this team is built if they're worse this year without that player?

Say what you want about Preki but his team imploded because he treated them like shit, not because his system was ineffective. One injury/absence didn't collapse the team like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I find the panic going on over the top.

Whether the points picked up over the rest of the season is enough to make up for his injury time and get TFC into the playoffs is up for debate.
    If the team really is so dependent on one player that it can't win without him then it really is time to start panicking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The team hasn't collapsed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

And what does it say about the way this team is built if they're worse this year without that player?

Say what you want about Preki but his team imploded because he treated them like shit, not because his system was ineffective. One injury/absence didn't collapse the team like this.
    Building around one aged, rental player seems to be the exact opposite of what was promised after the Klinsmann consultancy.

I don't disagree that's what they've done, it's just the opposite of what they said they'd do.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    What exaclty should we support through thick and thin, 5 years of mostly SHITE. If AC Milan was playing as shit as TFC has for 5 years, what the fuck do you think would happen at the stadium?????? The stands would be empty ...
    Nope.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sure is a shame about Preki..

Too bad he couldn't get along with anyone.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No more terrible dunfield. Please , please .

Avila needs to be starting.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I was going to comment on that. 30 years ago, I was in grade 7 in the computer lab using an Apple desktop. I do not remember anything resembling the interwebs.
    I was at U of Waterloo using Unix in the Arts Lab.

Word Perfect essays using code.........oh the joy.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in total agreement with you, Roogsy (well, except maybe about Preki). They shouldn't have built the team around Frings. I think they fell into that when Mariner's defensive selections failed.

Really this two-headed beast (Winter/Mariner) which was supposed to have made up for the weak areas of each guy is not working.

That doesn't mean, however, that TFC cannot squeak into a playoff spot, its just a lot less likely now.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you're treated like a cashcow it shouldn't be surprising if the consumer revolts when the product is substandard.

One-sided loyalty is nothing to take pride in.
    My point is that supporting your team should NOT be treated like a consumer transaction. Unfortunately, for many on this side of the pond (and in this city), this is how it is. This is not about money. Yes, they charge you admission to get into BMO, but so does every other professional sports team around the world. That's how it works.

One-sided loyalty -- that's the only kind there is, isn't there? Two-sided loyalty?! LOL!

Listen, I'm not suggesting in the least that the team you support should be impervious to criticism. Far from it. Supporters have a right to be upset and a right to express their displeasure. If someone is satisfied with the state of this team right now, there's something seriously wrong. But it's those others that call themselves fans or supporters from time to time and that are now packing it in and are going to stop following and supporting the team that make me shake my head.
    AWAY TRIPS:

March 2008 - Columbus; March 2009 - Kansas City; April 2010 - New England; July 2010 - Philadelphia.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you're treated like a cashcow it shouldn't be surprising if the consumer revolts when the product is substandard.

One-sided loyalty is nothing to take pride in.
    Talk to a few supporters of teams in the English leagues (below the EPL) about being treated as a cash cow.

We're hardly the first or the worst treated.

As for taking pride in the team over the management, that's the difference between being a supporter and being a consumer. I know this is very difficult for people to understand but TFC does not = MLSE

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    The team hasn't collapsed.
    Agreed. This team hasn't even begun to collapse.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza_55 View Post
    When is Kovermanns contract up?

There's no way he should be on DP money
    What was the stat they threw up during the broadcast yesterday? 9 goals in 14 games? Those are pretty weak numbers right there, considering that Ronaldo and Messi are averaging over a goal per game.
    AWAY TRIPS:

March 2008 - Columbus; March 2009 - Kansas City; April 2010 - New England; July 2010 - Philadelphia.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but the system was, for the most part, completely ineffective - they just imploded before that became the big issue.

From everything I've heard, the only thing Preki taught the players was how to jog for hours. Yes the team had better stamina, but still didn't seem to have anything resembling a system.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapido View Post
    Those are pretty weak numbers right there, considering that Ronaldo and Messi are averaging over a goal per game.

is the "" because you're comparing the goal rate of a player on our team with two of the most productive players in the world? because it should be, if it wasn't.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\