Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    I do yearn for some originality though, every MLS stadium sounds the same these days.
    Other cultures everybody hears the top song of the week.

Here if you asked most people to chant something to "I'm sexy and I know it" they'd think you were talking about a Rod Stewart song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Other cultures everybody hears the top song of the week.

Here if you asked most people to chant something to "I'm sexy and I know it" they'd think you were talking about a Rod Stewart song.
    yeah this is one of the reasons i always plugged basic songs that everybody knew because you're right. Radio stations over there all play the newest latest and most mainstream stuff while here all the stations seem to be oldies or genre-specific.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really guys? We were singing that weeks ago. Granted it didn't catch on. There are a lot of people who disagree with any direction but their own.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Really guys? We were singing that weeks ago. Granted it didn't catch on. There are a lot of people who disagree with any direction but their own.
    singing what weeks ago? did you forget to quote someone? wtf?

edit = oh i see.... hahaha i still dont know that song

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guarantee you right now, that one of our key players will get injured in that game. Write it on your calender.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alixir View Post
    I guarantee you right now, that one of our key players will get injured in that game. Write it on your calender.
    It won't matter though, because we will most likely have nothing to play for by that time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got the e-mail from TFC stating tickets starting at $35

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zamperina View Post
    Just got the e-mail from TFC stating tickets starting at $35
    TFC would have to pay ME $35 to go to this game! I'll be staying at home that night, $35 for a friendly? STARTING at $35 too! That's crazy money!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bills in Toronto subscribers are getting the same discount as TFC SSH. Same pre-sale access too I believe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Yes. They really know how to make their best customers feel special, over at MLSE.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    TFC would have to pay ME $35 to go to this game! I'll be staying at home that night, $35 for a friendly? STARTING at $35 too! That's crazy money!
    Not anything as ridiculous as the Real Madrid prices were, are they?

Dont worry, I have a bunch of scousers happy to take 'em. What's anpther $35 against a $300 flight anyway?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$35 gives you access to the 500 level; wonder what the ticket master fees will be (hidden red tape)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^Yes. They really know how to make their best customers feel special, over at MLSE.
    This is a Rogers center event. Not a MLSE/TFC event. TFC was invited to participate. Thats why the Bills ticket holders were offered as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    This is a Rogers center event. Not a MLSE/TFC event. TFC was invited to participate. Thats why the Bills ticket holders were offered as well.
    Be serious. Liverpool won't come unless there is grass, so there is grass.

Likewise, TFC could have made special consideration for their SSHs part of their business decision and/or willingness to accept that invite.

The fact that they didn't is a TFC/MLSE choice, and they will wear it.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Be serious. Liverpool won't come unless there is grass, so there is grass.

Likewise, TFC could have made special consideration for their SSHs part of their business decision and/or willingness to accept that invite.

The fact that they didn't is a TFC/MLSE choice, and they will wear it.
    In the end I think the pre-sale is just a token gesture for the TFC SSH holders. Most of them won't even know/realize that Bills in Toronto subcribers got the same deal. Or they won't care otherwise.

I think TFC FO knows that TFC fans aren't that interested in this match. The club got skewered for this on twitter and other social media. Most fans mocking/attacking the team for announcing an expensive glamour friendly for a club that can't buy a win in the league.

In then end this game is being marketed to Liverpool supporter's and various Eurosnobs (not saying the two are the same).

Its actually going to be a little embarrassing when this looks/sounds like a Liverpool home game. And in classic TFC FO form they are letting Liverpool wear red.

I actually wonder why they are bothering with a TFC supporter's section for this game. Does anyone think there will much of an organized TFC support for this match?
    Last edited by narduch; 04-27-2012 at 06:20 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    In then end this game is being marketed to Liverpool supporter's and various Eurosnobs (not saying the two are the same).

Its actually going to be a little embarrassing when this looks/sounds like a Liverpool home game....
    I think the dome will be closed and the stadium will be deadly silent apart from the few TFC supporters buzzing away. I really doubt there will be any organized chanting by Liverpool supporters.

I also think it will not be sold out. Look for Rogers to paper this in the end.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really doubt there will be any organized chanting by Liverpool supporters.
    They'll probably sing some lame Gerry and the Pacemakers song over and over again....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    For what it's worth, TFC SSH presale is May 1st. Bills in Toronto presale is May 2nd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 117 View Post
    For what it's worth, TFC SSH presale is May 1st. Bills in Toronto presale is May 2nd.
    Bills is May 1st also here is the Bills in Toronto e-mail...

As a Bills in Toronto subscriber, Rogers Centre is pleased to offer you the opportunity to purchase tickets in advance of the general public AND WITH SPECIAL PRE-SALE PRICING to the soccer celebration of the summer - Toronto FC vs. Liverpool FC - as part of the 2012 World Football Challenge.

The two teams will go head-to-head on Saturday, July 21 at 4 p.m. EDT. The match will mark Toronto FC's second appearance at Rogers Centre following their sold-out match in March against the LA Galaxy. Liverpool FC will also make their second appearance at Rogers Centre after playing Porto in 2004.Your pre-sale opportunity starts on Tuesday, May 1 at 10 a.m. to Thursday, May 3 at 10 p.m. Tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, May 4, at 10 a.m. You will receive another e-mail immediately prior to the pre-sale period that will contain both a password and link to purchase tickets.Ticket prices will start at $35*, with SPECIAL PRE-SALE PRICING being made available to you on all other price points. And for ticket purchasers in either of the designated Supporter Sections or Price Point 1, your ticket will grant you ACCESS TO THE CLOSED LIVERPOOL PRACTICE taking place at Rogers Centre the night before the big game. Further details on this practice session will be announced shortly. Details on the special pre-sale pricing will be provided in the email being sent to you immediately prior to the pre-sale period.Don't miss the opportunity to see the Reds take on the Reds in this celebration of soccer in Toronto.*Tickets are subject to applicable facility fees and service charges

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the dome will be closed and the stadium will be deadly silent apart from the few TFC supporters buzzing away. I really doubt there will be any organized chanting by Liverpool supporters.

I also think it will not be sold out. Look for Rogers to paper this in the end.
    Except for the TFC supporters that are LFC supporters. I plan on leading a chorus of YNWA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got an email at an address that is not the one used for my season tickets
    As a TFC supporter, you get the chance to purchase tickets for this event before the public. Your presale purchase window begins on May 2nd at 10:00 a.m. andwill close on May 3rd at 10:00 p.m. An email with your link and password will be sent to you the morning of your presale.
    Ticket prices will start at $35*!
    In addition, there will be special access granted to the closed Liverpool Practice event for those who purchase tickets in either of the Supporters Sections (Red) or Price Point 1 (Light Blue). A follow-up email with your open practice ticket will be sent to you.
    So the STH's only benefit over random soccer fans is a 24-hour head start on buying tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canada72 View Post
    Bills is May 1st also here is the Bills in Toronto e-mail...

As a Bills in Toronto subscriber, Rogers Centre is pleased to offer you the opportunity to purchase tickets in advance of the general public AND WITH SPECIAL PRE-SALE PRICING to the soccer celebration of the summer - Toronto FC vs. Liverpool FC - as part of the 2012 World Football Challenge.

The two teams will go head-to-head on Saturday, July 21 at 4 p.m. EDT. The match will mark Toronto FC's second appearance at Rogers Centre following their sold-out match in March against the LA Galaxy. Liverpool FC will also make their second appearance at Rogers Centre after playing Porto in 2004.Your pre-sale opportunity starts on Tuesday, May 1 at 10 a.m. to Thursday, May 3 at 10 p.m. Tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, May 4, at 10 a.m. You will receive another e-mail immediately prior to the pre-sale period that will contain both a password and link to purchase tickets.Ticket prices will start at $35*, with SPECIAL PRE-SALE PRICING being made available to you on all other price points. And for ticket purchasers in either of the designated Supporter Sections or Price Point 1, your ticket will grant you ACCESS TO THE CLOSED LIVERPOOL PRACTICE taking place at Rogers Centre the night before the big game. Further details on this practice session will be announced shortly. Details on the special pre-sale pricing will be provided in the email being sent to you immediately prior to the pre-sale period.Don't miss the opportunity to see the Reds take on the Reds in this celebration of soccer in Toronto.*Tickets are subject to applicable facility fees and service charges
    Interesting. Mine definitely said May 2nd. I only bought the 3-game Bills pack. Did you, by chance, purchase all 8? There must be different tiers amongst the Bills In Toronto group.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so is there a designated tfc supporters end?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    so is there a designated tfc supporters end?

In addition, there will be special access granted to the closed Liverpool Practice event for those who purchase tickets in either of the Supporters Sections (Red) or Price Point 1 (Light Blue).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flipityflu View Post
    In addition, there will be special access granted to the closed Liverpool Practice event for those who purchase tickets in either of the Supporters Sections (Red) or Price Point 1 (Light Blue).
    TFC supporters or Liverpool supporters...hence my original question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    In this city, even with both clubs playing reserve guys and youngsters - that would be an epic match, just for the supporters divide alone...

And yup, I'd pay $150-$200 for that as well...
    really $150 to $200 for a friendly? iv been to about 15 matches in England including premiership matches, Lower league, FA Cup matches, Carling Cup semi final and even Champions League group stage match, most i paid was £45 (about $75 canadian) for Chelsea tickets....so why would i pay $150-$200 for not just a friendly but friendly with sides playing there youngsters?? hey it's your money but i just think it's crazy to pay those prices. Maybe that's how ticket prices got so out of control now a days, some people will pay anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    really $150 to $200 for a friendly? iv been to about 15 matches in England including premiership matches, Lower league, FA Cup matches, Carling Cup semi final and even Champions League group stage match, most i paid was £45 (about $75 canadian) for Chelsea tickets....so why would i pay $150-$200 for not just a friendly but friendly with sides playing there youngsters?? hey it's your money but i just think it's crazy to pay those prices. Maybe that's how ticket prices got so out of control now a days, some people will pay anything.
    because i wouldn't have to pay $600-$1000 for return flights plus $200/night for hotel

and its a friendly between 2 rivals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    I like it too. I do yearn for some originality though, every MLS stadium sounds the same these days.
    same with most England grounds. Majority of the chants you here are reversable and used by many clubs. And when a new song/ chant comes to a club it doesn't take long at all before another club is now also singing it, claiming they started that chant/song. There is a select few chants/songs that are only sung by 1 club. But originality to strive for i guess is the main point. Good to try to keep that up!
    Last edited by james; 04-28-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because i wouldn't have to pay $600-$1000 for return flights plus $200/night for hotel

and its a friendly between 2 rivals
    But even if Manchester vs Liverpool were to play each other in Toronto i don't think you would have to pay $150 - $200. We have had other teams come play in Toronto/Canada/ USA from Europe and play other Europe clubs and you could get tickets less then that. But anyways who cares.
    Last edited by james; 04-28-2012 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC supporters or Liverpool supporters...hence my original question
    well, since it says 'either of the supporters sections', yes, there are supporters sections for both Liverpool and Toronto.