Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Danny Koevermans

Any word on him? He certainly looked to be in a lot of pain after jarring his knee in New England. Looked like one that could knock someone out indefinitely. If it turns out we lose him for the season, does that effect the speculated signing of a new DP? If I am not mistaken, this is either Koev's last year, or Frings. So losing Koev could mean we need to look at filling the striker role.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think we have him through 2013

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    Any word on him? He certainly looked to be in a lot of pain after jarring his knee in New England. Looked like one that could knock someone out indefinitely. If it turns out we lose him for the season, does that effect the speculated signing of a new DP? If I am not mistaken, this is either Koev's last year, or Frings. So losing Koev could mean we need to look at filling the striker role.
    I'm pretty sure its both their last year in their contracts.

And yeah, a productive striker would be high on the list if Koevs is out for any long stretch.

But then again, the year is lost as far as playoffs are concerned so maybe they just sign him up for a few more years after he recovers and plan for building up the rest of the teams inadequacies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope I was wrong.

We have Koevs through 2013: http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer...to-and-scoring

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Danny... Thank you for your brief career with us. It's a shame it had to end this way.

So what happens when a DP has a career ending injury and still has a full year and a half left on his contract?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    Well Danny... Thank you for your brief career with us. It's a shame it had to end this way.

So what happens when a DP has a career ending injury and still has a full year and a half left on his contract?
    lol, jumping the gun a bit don't you think. he's probably not even had an MRI yet., and i've seen no updates on the injury.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flipityflu View Post
    lol, jumping the gun a bit don't you think. he's probably not even had an MRI yet., and i've seen no updates on the injury.
    Maybe,but NER plays in NFL stadium and all of them have own MRI and full equipped emergency room.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Maybe,but NER plays in NFL stadium and all of them have own MRI and full equipped emergency room.
    I though you usually needed to wait a few days for swelling to go down With knee injuries before you could diagnose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ i also thought the same, you had to wait a day as it could be bad or just a knee knock, you dont realy know, but again, i am definitly not a doctor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I though you usually needed to wait a few days for swelling to go down With knee injuries before you could diagnose.
    He also took a kick to the face-does he have concussion issues?

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Swelling in the area wouldn't be immediate. You and I would need to wait in an ER for hours before we were seen at which point swelling would indeed be evident. As denime says, he was likely taken right to the medical examination room and a very high priced one at that considering this is the home of the New England Patriots.

If an ACL tear is suspected, it is probably as a result of a very clear picture from that initial, thorough exam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/jasondevos/statu...85462708985857

Heading back to Toronto. Concern over Koevermans’ injury is that it could be his ACL. If so, his season (and potentially his career) is over

I fear the worst. It would be heartbreaking for Koevermans and the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Labue was able to bend it while Koev was lying on the field . . . would the knee bend if the ACL was torn?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes, you can still bend your knee if you tear your ACL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some updates on an estimated time frame for additional news concerning Danny:

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN Likely won't get an update on Koev for a few days. Last night Mariner said he "feared th worst" after speaking with medical staff. ‪#TFC

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN
    @soccercanada Depends. If it's handled like most injuries with TFC they aren't in a huge rush to issue statements on injuries.

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro
    No update from ‪#TFC on Koevermans' condition today. Club official says update will come sometime this week when he's been evaluated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Swelling in the area wouldn't be immediate. You and I would need to wait in an ER for hours before we were seen at which point swelling would indeed be evident. As denime says, he was likely taken right to the medical examination room and a very high priced one at that considering this is the home of the New England Patriots.

If an ACL tear is suspected, it is probably as a result of a very clear picture from that initial, thorough exam.
    FYI and for what it's worth, Danny was seen at Boston airport this morning with his leg in a wheelchair with his leg in an immobilizer .... as would be expected I suppose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post

Do you think the medical facilities for the Patriots purpose would be staffed for an MLS game? I'd assume the correct technicians would need to be available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think the medical facilities for the Patriots purpose would be staffed for an MLS game? I'd assume the correct technicians would need to be available.
    As I pointed out yesterday, it could be a tear, or just a partiail tear, or just a sprained knee. Symptomatically, there's no way we can tell until they release the diagnostics. Bad sprains can feel as bad as breaks or tears, easily.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

15 years ago in Germany I torn ACL during the game on Sunday night,Tuesday arthroscopic examination was done to make sure how much was the damage and Friday I was operated,6 months later started practicing with my team.

Considering that Koef is DP and he was at Foxborough stadium,I'm sure they know already what's the deal,what TFC FO doesn't know is how to deal with it in the media.

What's the next step for Koef and club,can TFC acquire another DP while he is on injury list,how about CAP hit,do we get another forward or hope our academy kids and "the best scorer of modern times" can do it for us?
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    As I pointed out yesterday, it could be a tear, or just a partiail tear, or just a sprained knee. Symptomatically, there's no way we can tell until they release the diagnostics. Bad sprains can feel as bad as breaks or tears, easily.
    Either way, he won't be playing soccer again this year...sprains can take 3 months or longer to heal properly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    15 years ago in Germany I torn ACL during the game on Sunday night,Tuesday arthroscopic examination was done to make sure how much was the damage and Friday I was operated,6 months later started practicing with my team.

Considering that Koef is DP and he was at Foxborough stadium,I'm sure they know already what's the deal,what TFC FO doesn't know is how to deal with it in the media.

What's the next step for Koef and club,can TFC acquire another DP while he is on injury list,how about CAP hit,do we get another forward or hope our academy kids and "the best scorer of modern times" can do it for us?
    Perhaps the Wideman finisher expertise is related to an car washing stint the guy had as a kid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stupid goddamn piece of synthetic good-for-nothing field turf shit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Geez, just when things look to be turning the corner for this club, we just may have lost our top goalscorer for good. This club is truly cursed. My best wishes go out to Danny, hope he can recover from this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope all the best for Danny. I think best case scenerio we have him ready for next March.

However, this just frustrates me. MLS needs Soccer Specific Stadiums, or at the least grass pitches. Frings in Seattle and now Koevs in Boston. There cannot be a step forward for the league until these stadiums like Gilette are removed. Henry on the Redbulls didn't play there last week and this would be why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouderwien View Post
    I hope all the best for Danny. I think best case scenerio we have him ready for next March.

However, this just frustrates me. MLS needs Soccer Specific Stadiums, or at the least grass pitches. Frings in Seattle and now Koevs in Boston. There cannot be a step forward for the league until these stadiums like Gilette are removed. Henry on the Redbulls didn't play there last week and this would be why.
    I think he may have had the wrong studs on. If you watch the slow motion replay, his leg sort of bows as if his foot is partially caught on the turf; and if you back to a couple of strides before he went down, it does it as well. It almost looks like his studs were getting caught in the artificial turf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beterschap Koning Koevs!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sure. I would assume that either TFC or the Revs had a team doctor on site, usually someone with a background in orthopedic surgery or sports medicine as well as a technician that could operate the equipment. If Dr Ira Smith, our team doctor, was with the team then he has a background in sports medicine and is more than capable of providing the diagnosis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When it must be over for Danny then you guys can say in 6 years MLS this was the BEST guy TFC had.
    But Danny you gone come back WE DUtch people are strong.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assuming it is an ACL tear, he'd probably have surgery on it ASAP, and be back at full training just after the start of the next season. Even then, he wouldn't be fully fit for the balance of 2013.

In any event it sucks on two levels. First, now what do they do for scoring? Johnson misses as many chances as he makes. Is there roster space/cap room to bring in a temporary replacement?

Second, TFC finally has a franchise player. The past few weeks, he has been the guy who put the team on his shoulders and dragged them across the line. A guy who is automatic in the penalty area is hard enough to find as it is. The fact that he became a team leader was a bonus. He clearly relishes being "The Man." Guys of that kind of talent and character are irreplaceable. Whatever happens, speedy recovery, Danny. You have become a TFC legend in a very short time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by AmherstNY_TFC View Post
    Assuming it is an ACL tear, he'd probably have surgery on it ASAP, and be back at full training just after the start of the next season. Even then, he wouldn't be fully fit for the balance of 2013.

In any event it sucks on two levels. First, now what do they do for scoring? Johnson misses as many chances as he makes. Is there roster space/cap room to bring in a temporary replacement?

Second, TFC finally has a franchise player. The past few weeks, he has been the guy who put the team on his shoulders and dragged them across the line. A guy who is automatic in the penalty area is hard enough to find as it is. The fact that he became a team leader was a bonus. He clearly relishes being "The Man." Guys of that kind of talent and character are irreplaceable. Whatever happens, speedy recovery, Danny. You have become a TFC legend in a very short time.