Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    It's not our time yet. They still have to draft the Raptor fans letter first. Then it'll be our turn.

A little MLSE comparision since TFC began (last 6 season):

Leafs - 212 - 280 = 43% winning record
    Raps - 203-265 = 43% winning record
    TFC - 57 - 78 - 57 = 20% winning record or 59% when you include ties

So if you factor in ties we should be happy with our performance. We're the best of the MLSE group...
    I'd actually put my money on Marlies having the best record, I only mention this because it speaks volumes of MLSE, they can only do amateur sports right.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stuart.mac View Post
    I'd actually put my money on Marlies having the best record, I only mention this because it speaks volumes of MLSE, they can only do amateur sports right.
    Yeah well... the Marlies are a professional hockey club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marlies - 235 - 199 = 54% winning record

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ginkster88 View Post
    Yeah well... the Marlies are a professional hockey club.
    Tounge in cheek

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Guess you didn't go to the town hall meetings.

Apologies always come at the end of the season, not at the start.
    Don't worry. This season will be over soon enough...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my private protest.
    I've made a decision to not buy anything this year at BMO.
    I was going to get a new jersey. I usually get a t-shirt or two for the kid. I always buy beer and food at a game.
    not anymore.
    this team should have been ready to go from the beginning. our season started before any other MLS team. sure we've had a couple of key injuries but that's to be expected. it happens to everyone. losing a couple of guys shouldn't have hurt us that badly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a pretty easy going optimistic person normally and it takes an awful lot to keep me from seeing the optimistic side of things. I have been defending TFC's performance for one reason or another on many many occasions to various people, friends, family, etc for all these years. I keep saying "I think we are on the right track and you have to expect a few setbacks" and "it's going to get better....you will see" among many other things. I have had to defend my spending of money year after year on season tickets, parking, concessions to my wife for several years now while she keeps reminding me of their record and the fact that it is a "Toronto" team so why waste the money because it will never change but I keep telling her that all Toronto teams can't always be like that and stick to my guns to hold onto my seats. I keep hoping like many of you that TFC will be different and all of my time, effort, money spent on home and some away games is going to feel like it was well worth it one day but I have to be honest and say I am starting to give in to pessimism. I am starting to think of maybe the family trip I could take my kids on instead of paying for the season tickets plus associated costs each year meanwhile still catching a game here and there if I really wanted with all the tickets that are easily available. CCL achievement aside, I am just REALLY REALLY sick of watching TFC self destruct all the time whether it is the whole team not showing up or the a few individual mistakes. It just happens too much. I am not saying I am giving up on the team after a 4 game losing streak in the regular season but another bleak bottom table finish will probably seal it for me which I can't believe is even coming from me. Money is just too hard to come by these days and sometimes you have to cut your losses. C'mon and win me back TFC!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That should be a protest for us, no beer/food/etc bought until we get a home playoff game.

Bet you we're hosting one in October if we actually did it.

Support the players, not the business.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So that is
    57 games won for 171 points
    78 games lost for 0 points
    57 games drawn for 57 points
    for a total of 228 points from 192 games (576 possible points) for a 39.6% winning record.

However, going by a 2 points for a win and 1 for a draw, then we got 171 points from a max of 384, or a 44.5%

So...the expansion team has the better record - slightly.

And you know what that means?

We've still got further to fall!
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure a protest is going to work. Let's be honest: it's not like MLSE wants to lose. Obviously they would rather win. Obviously there is more cash in winning as well. To me the number one problem is usually that the players lack heart. I look at other MLS teams, and they seem to have heart and grit in abundance - whereas we seem to have none. It's frustrating. I can only assume that players don't really want to be in Toronto. Sure the city is big and fun, but it doesn't carry as much weight as playing in an American city. Also our weather is pretty poor, and our stadium is even worse. I'd be depressed too if I was a professional and had to play in a high school stadium. I think you can do a lot to make this city more attractive for players and thereby inspiring them to play better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want Winter to apologise for the fact that the spineless wankers on the pitch in Montreal didn't have the decency to come over to appluad the fantastic travelling support. I will exempt Milos Kocic, who came closer than any. Most just sloped off with a cursory wave if that. They don't deserve us.
    AW and BDK should have shooed them over regardless of the result. Disgraceful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i disagree, protests do work. we sat down for one game and they had meetings to kiss our asses and talk us into sticking around.
    i'm not suggesting everyone protests. I'm doing this on my own. every year we have a discussion like this and everyone wants to wait. and we wait and do nothing. we're drinking it up just like leaf fans.
    I honetly don't think they give a shit about winning. if they did then we'd have better results. we know they give a shit about making money and they do that very well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant it partially in jest because of what the word protest does around here sometimes.

Although I personally have banned myself from BMO beer for life. Just foolish to pay that much anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    I want Winter to apologise for the fact that the spineless wankers on the pitch in Montreal didn't have the decency to come over to appluad the fantastic travelling support. I will exempt Milos Kocic, who came closer than any. Most just sloped off with a cursory wave if that. They don't deserve us.
    AW and BDK should have shooed them over regardless of the result. Disgraceful.
    To be fair, most losing teams don't thank the fans. And why should they anyway? It's not like they genuinely care. Ask most players and they will tell you that once the game begins they tune out the crowd - whether it's home or away. IF support TRULY matters wouldn't at least ONE of the players know at least ONE of our chants? I bet you NONE of them do. Not a single one. Took Danny Dichio 5 months to learn how his own song went. Support means very little, really. We just like to think that it does. Otherwise we would have won the league in year one and two - and not shat the bed in Columbus the couple of times we brought thousands of supporters. Also, every losing team will have fans who say "they don't deserve us". Let's not be childish about this. At the end of the day the players are here for cash and to hopefully further their career - they're not here because we chant well. That being said, support MAY mean something when it's the background of REALLY big games. Our game against LA is one example. But a bottom of the table game at a shitty BMO plastic stadium in front of a sparse crowd in windy, rainy conditions is HARDLY awesome conditions for any player.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know what you mean. cages get rattled. it's like we're afraid to offend MLSE. better wait until next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    To be fair, most losing teams don't thank the fans. And why should they anyway? It's not like they genuinely care. Ask most players and they will tell you that once the game begins they tune out the crowd - whether it's home or away. IF support TRULY matters wouldn't at least ONE of the players know at least ONE of our chants? I bet you NONE of them do. Not a single one. Took Danny Dichio 5 months to learn how his own song went. Support means very little, really. We just like to think that it does. Otherwise we would have won the league in year one and two - and not shat the bed in Columbus the couple of times we brought thousands of supporters. Also, every losing team will have fans who say "they don't deserve us". Let's not be childish about this. At the end of the day the players are here for cash and to hopefully further their career - they're not here because we chant well. That being said, support MAY mean something when it's the background of REALLY big games. Our game against LA is one example. But a bottom of the table game at a shitty BMO plastic stadium in front of a sparse crowd in windy, rainy conditions is HARDLY awesome conditions for any player.
    regardless of that, on most occasions when there is SIGNIFICANT away travelling support as was the case this weekend, the captain or coach ushers the rest of the team over to acknowledge the effort made by the fans. I'm not looking for a fuckin medal or anything, just some modicum of acknowledgement from the team.
    I bet if Torsten had been playing and cpataining the side he would have brought them over, but with jdg as skipepr I'm not shocked.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    regardless of that, on most occasions when there is SIGNIFICANT away travelling support as was the case this weekend, the captain or coach ushers the rest of the team over to acknowledge the effort made by the fans. I'm not looking for a fuckin medal or anything, just some modicum of acknowledgement from the team.
    I bet if Torsten had been playing and cpataining the side he would have brought them over, but with jdg as skipepr I'm not shocked.
    I was just about to say that.
    they dropped the ball.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm ready to sit out a game, and would completely back a group no show. I almost feel like not going this weekend, but it won't be all that noticeable so there's no real point being made. The effort is not acceptable and the entire team not coming to acknowledge us for making the trip to Montreal felt like a big FU to me. A strong message needs to be sent to this group of underachievers who seem to take it's supporters for granted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wren View Post
    I'm ready to sit out a game, and would completely back a group no show. I almost feel like not going this weekend, but it won't be all that noticeable so there's no real point being made. The effort is not acceptable and the entire team not coming to acknowledge us for making the trip to Montreal felt like a big FU to me. A strong message needs to be sent to this group of underachievers who seem to take it's supporters for granted.

im down for this but only if everyone is on board just like they do in europe... an empty supporters section!
    i dont want to pull some crap like rpb attempted a couple of years back when they were not going to cheer when we scored
    all thes rpbs were sitting in my section for some reason they were all wearing green and couldnt cheer if we scored or something i cant remember what rpb had to do
    then we scored and then they were all cheering... then they went back to trash talking all the players and organization then cheering again.
    you cant do both things when trying to protest... (one of the reasons why i questioned being an rpb... inconsistency of group actions)

@Super
    i do not really understand what you are trying to say here in re to conditions for the players...
    all i know is that i cant even give my tickets away for free if i wanted too. thats really sad.
    i think that booklet they sent us in the fall thats like them reinforcing their commitment to us.
    the leafs... one of the richest teams in the world without even winning a game.
    tfc does not have the fan base the leafs do... this ship will sink and it will sink fast. its sad but thats just the way it is.
    for the past 3 years all i have been doing is convincing family and friends to continue to renew their seasons...
    speaking of toronto... what a disgrace last night sending 48 thou home after blowing away a very big statement season opener.
    thats toronto for you.

im tired and its being a long day at work
    this above post could all be just a bunch of crap
    sorry in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that the players should have acknowledged the traveling support. Absolutely. It's a disgrace that they didn't. I don't care if the players give a fuck about supporters (likely not) - but at least pretend to. Also, all I'm saying is that let's not make this into a "they don't deserve us" thing against the players - because it will most certainly backfire. It's football: some clubs lose, others don't. We just don't have proper management - and that's nothing new in our short history. We also need leaders on our team. Players who will step up and pull everyone else with them. Right now we only have Frings.

Truth is: the only thing that could potentially motivate the players right now is to show up and give support. Nothing inspires a player more than winning - so let's get it done on Saturday. That's about it. I fail to see how any other action on behalf of the supporters could inspire the players to care more. I just don't see it. We've had lots of protests - and sure, we may have brought about grass (although at the time the fake turf had seen its end anyway and needed a replacement). Outside of that: nothing. Absolutely nothing. It's not much different elsewhere. So outside of slashing tires of players or owners, I really don't see what can be done to inspire a better performance outside of praying/hoping for better.

See you at BMO on Saturday!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mariobuzzeo11 View Post
    im down for this but only if everyone is on board just like they do in europe... an empty supporters section!
    i dont want to pull some crap like rpb attempted a couple of years back when they were not going to cheer when we scored
    all thes rpbs were sitting in my section for some reason they were all wearing green and couldnt cheer if we scored or something i cant remember what rpb had to do
    then we scored and then they were all cheering... then they went back to trash talking all the players and organization then cheering again.
    you cant do both things when trying to protest... (one of the reasons why i questioned being an rpb... inconsistency of group actions)

@Super
    i do not really understand what you are trying to say here in re to conditions for the players...
    all i know is that i cant even give my tickets away for free if i wanted too. thats really sad.
    i think that booklet they sent us in the fall thats like them reinforcing their commitment to us.
    the leafs... one of the richest teams in the world without even winning a game.
    tfc does not have the fan base the leafs do... this ship will sink and it will sink fast. its sad but thats just the way it is.
    for the past 3 years all i have been doing is convincing family and friends to continue to renew their seasons...
    speaking of toronto... what a disgrace last night sending 48 thou home after blowing away a very big statement season opener.
    thats toronto for you.

im tired and its being a long day at work
    this above post could all be just a bunch of crap
    sorry in advance.
    really,I don't know what to say on comment like this.Maybe this
    Last edited by denime; 04-10-2012 at 07:45 PM.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Mario is having a rough day, so lets give some slack.

This is a tongue in cheek thread about MLSE and some of the parallels happening right now. We just finished a run into the semi finals of the CCL and to counter that we have had a rough start to the MLS season. 4 games in is not the time to overact with talk of protests. Lets just all take a deep breath.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I think you are correct. I wanted CL more then MLS. and We did well. But it is not the fact that we are 0-4 it is that in both the MLS, and our exit out of the CL we saw the same old, same old mistakes. It is frustrating.

It is hard not too have flash back to our previous season.

Since TFC has been in the league, AC Milan after winning the CL early in TFCs frst season, whent through a rebuild, and is now again challanging for the CL. Meanwhile TFC is only somewhat better then it was in year one. We have improved but we have not moved far enough.

Again most of my positivity is based on the CL, and that our play is better, but the results are not good enough overall, and the mistakes keep on keeping on.
    Last edited by trane; 04-10-2012 at 04:34 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I demand an apology for not getting an apology
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shoulda seen the apology on the video board by every habs player Saturday night.

I joked with Bluenose that we'd be receiving one of those some time in October 2012.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I apologizes to Al-Mo for not being the supporter he is. He deserves butter.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I apologizes to Al-Mo for not being the supporter he is. He deserves butter.
    Apology not necessary, but is accepted.

LOL.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aaahhhhhh.... 'we deserve butter'
    Thanks for the laughs trans. I haven't thought about that for a long long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I think Mario is having a rough day, so lets give some slack.

This is a tongue in cheek thread about MLSE and some of the parallels happening right now. We just finished a run into the semi finals of the CCL and to counter that we have had a rough start to the MLS season. 4 games in is not the time to overact with talk of protests. Lets just all take a deep breath.

lol very rough day
    i remember it like it was yesterday though
    anyways doesnt matter it was going back to the fact that we all have to be on the same page for any type of action to work

what the hell am i talking about again today seriously though
    im close to never posting again...
    there are just too many thoughts coming from too many people who dont know whats going on... including me
    that person above said that conditions/atmosphere at skydome are better then when we are at bmo
    we might as well never play an away game then and i hope it never rains and is never windy at bmo
    its a professionals job to adjust to the conditions and atmosphere its all part of the game
    just like inconsistent refs... get mad for a sec on a bad call whatever buts its all part of the game.

true Phil not the time to overact
    except i dont want us to be like the maple leafs where fans have been promised many things many times with no return
    good thing the majority of teams is mls are inconsistent things can turn in a matter of 3 or 4 games...
    i still remember last year when i saw ecks and plata when i was walking home from work ecks asked me what was up with tfc before he came over on loan i told him tfc just got off to a bad start...

as i type this i see all these people buying hats at the jays shop...
    im sorry what are we excited for this year with the jays? "deeper pen" "young enthusiastic players" lol whatever works
    adam lind is like our jdg... both recovering from injuries both "should of beens"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I know it's only 4 games.... this year. go back a bit and it's 6 wins in 38.