Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, there's only been one real apology in Toronto sports history, and that goes down as Glen Grunwald standing in on the floor of the ACC and addressing the crowd for the raptors final home game after a terrible season. Truth be told, he was mostly booed but he was asking for forgiveness for far less than what the average fan of an MLSE has to go through. It was honest and he pretty much threw himself at the mercy of the crowd, which is rather ballzy.

That piece in the paper was about nothing more than optics. They might as well of placed an add for season tickets at the bottom of the page because that was the only thing behind it. I'll believe their sorry when someone at the Sr executive level gets fired. Otherwise, it's business as usual.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agree 100% that now is the time to stand behind the team and support them -check the definition of the word 'supporter"
    Way too early to be plotting any action. I personally feel we are a CB one midfielder and Torsten Frings away from being a decent side and now is not the time to panic.
    Look at LA-1 win in 4 , 3 points only better off - early days, guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    Shoulda seen the apology on the video board by every habs player Saturday night.

I joked with Bluenose that we'd be receiving one of those some time in October 2012.
    yes and we also saw another group of spineless wankers wearing Toronto jerseys roll over and die too easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    agree 100% that now is the time to stand behind the team and support them -check the definition of the word 'supporter"
    Way too early to be plotting any action. I personally feel we are a CB one midfielder and Torsten Frings away from being a decent side and now is not the time to panic.

It's not the results that are getting to me, it's the gutless capitulation. Do we have to demand that they show some pride in the jersey before EVERY game?!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    It's not the results that are getting to me, it's the gutless capitulation. Do we have to demand that they show some pride in the jersey before EVERY game?!
    I guess we do...

They looked like they were fuckin the dog on Saturday, my house league kids work harder.

Maybe Aron Winter needs Darth Vader to get the boys in line. Winter is so damn soft spoken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post

u are my fav poster.

agree on the supporter definition
    we need to give winter at least the full year before we make any comments on anything
    back to the leafs for a sec burkies thing today was very encouraging
    again just as encouraging as the book we all got in the fall
    with these types of promises i expect results
    i already wrote off the first 5 years using the excuse that toronto did not have the same youth systems and management expertise as vancouver and montreal does

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Not sure a protest is going to work. Let's be honest: it's not like MLSE wants to lose. Obviously they would rather win. Obviously there is more cash in winning as well. To me the number one problem is usually that the players lack heart. I look at other MLS teams, and they seem to have heart and grit in abundance - whereas we seem to have none. It's frustrating. I can only assume that players don't really want to be in Toronto. Sure the city is big and fun, but it doesn't carry as much weight as playing in an American city. Also our weather is pretty poor, and our stadium is even worse. I'd be depressed too if I was a professional and had to play in a high school stadium. I think you can do a lot to make this city more attractive for players and thereby inspiring them to play better.
    It would not surprise me in the least if Toronto FC is a club that other MLS players now try to avoid playing for. I say that in all seriousness. Again, we have to realize that nothing in this world exists in a vacuum, and professional athletes and managers are no different. Look at the drama that has occurred since almost Day 1 at TFC. We've had a multitude of players and coaches through the revolving doors of BMO Field, many of whom departed under very questionable circumstances.

Do these individuals not talk to others about their experiences? Are we really to believe that word doesn't spread around the league about how certain players or coaches were treated by their former clubs, respectively? I think it's entirely possible, perhaps even likely, that many MLS players have been told to avoid this club for a number of reasons and perhaps that for many that are here now, it's not where they want to be - thus the lack of heart displayed, as you mentioned.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    yes and we also saw another group of spineless wankers wearing Toronto jerseys roll over and die too easily.
    Are you talking the Leafs, the Raptors or TFC? Never mind...I'll just assume all 3!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    It would not surprise me in the least if Toronto FC is a club that other MLS players now try to avoid playing for. I say that in all seriousness. Again, we have to realize that nothing in this world exists in a vacuum, and professional athletes and managers are no different. Look at the drama that has occurred since almost Day 1 at TFC. We've had a multitude of players and coaches through the revolving doors of BMO Field, many of whom departed under very questionable circumstances.

Do these individuals not talk to others about their experiences? Are we really to believe that word doesn't spread around the league about how certain players or coaches were treated by their former clubs, respectively? I think it's entirely possible, perhaps even likely, that many MLS players have been told to avoid this club for a number of reasons and perhaps that for many that are here now, it's not where they want to be - thus the lack of heart displayed, as you mentioned.
    Excellent points made. And I think that gets to the heart (no pun intended) of the debate in this thread: what is a protest going to accomplish if the problem with our club is lack of heart in our players? It would seem to me that a protest would just make players want to leave even more. We're the client, and no one wants to work for a disgrunted client. If we want to inspire the players, maybe the correct response to our current situation would be to raise the non-existant roof and show the players that we're behind them - regardless of what we think about management. Also, this team made the semi-final in the CCL - and a week later we're saying they're a shit team? I get it - 4 defeats in a row in the MLS is not great, but we have to give the lads a bit of credit after the biggest accomplishment made in Canadian club history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post

I am so with you on this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I would not believe this last year, but year after year, there seems to be something lacking in the soul of this club. This may speak to A root problem.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Are you talking the Leafs, the Raptors or TFC? Never mind...I'll just assume all 3!

We can also add the Jays... what a stinker of a home opener!

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

Really? Six innings 1 ER from the starter, two shutdown innings by middle relief and a likely-nervous closer's meltdown in his first home opener ever is a stinker?

I guess the 7-3 throttling last night to bounce back doesn't count for you.

More heart on that team in the infield alone than on the rest of Toronto's teams combined.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are we so uncomfortable with being the WORST team in the league.

fuck.
    we shoudl be used to it.
    its our EXPECTATIONS that need fixing first. . .

(ya cuz its the amazing support's fault that we suck the bigest sweatiest hairiest balls)
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anselmi between press conferences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been to two games this season so far and have found lots to enjoy. The Skydome game was great, showed a tone of heart. And then the crew game a few weeks back where we couldn't score in a brothel with hundred dollars hanging outta our TFC undies. What i liked about the crew game was we were taking the ball off their midfielders as if by whim. Couldn't finish but at least we had that going for us.

As for a protest of the teams suckiness. how about a good old fashion chant of "We're not really good, we're not really good, we're not really, we're not really, we're not really good" And repeat until that thing happens where our goal total is higher than the opposition at the end of 90mins of play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jays are looking great, don't know what your talking about "Moderator".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

Jays looking pretty good to me, don't know what your watching!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Jays actually look like a team with most of the pieces in place for the season. I'm not gonna say they're heading for the playoffs, mostly because the Yankees and Red Sox make AL East is such a hard division to be in, but the Blue Jays have a pretty solid roster. I don't think anyone should count them out of playoff contention.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Excellent points made. And I think that gets to the heart (no pun intended) of the debate in this thread: what is a protest going to accomplish if the problem with our club is lack of heart in our players? It would seem to me that a protest would just make players want to leave even more. We're the client, and no one wants to work for a disgruntled client. If we want to inspire the players, maybe the correct response to our current situation would be to raise the non-existent roof and show the players that we're behind them - regardless of what we think about management. Also, this team made the semi-final in the CCL - and a week later we're saying they're a shit team? I get it - 4 defeats in a row in the MLS is not great, but we have to give the lads a bit of credit after the biggest accomplishment made in Canadian club history.
    Well, if you're asking me whether I think a protest would be effective, I would say no. Unfortunately, because various supporters from all the major supporter groups have already marched and protested everything under the sun during our first five seasons, nobody at the club or with the general fanbase is likely to take us seriously now. The story of The Boy who cried wolf comes to mind.

And as much as I've been hounding the club lately, I actually don't believe any action taken along those lines is even warranted. Not yet, at least.

Chivas and Chicago will be better indicators of how well we can handle older mid-table clubs who aren't going through any major transitions. Sure, this is Koplas's first season coach the Fire, but it's not like he's a new name to the club. Hopefully, Winter and de Klerk will be coming up with some new tactical and personnel changes for these two matches, because if they expect to win with the same old tired formations and strategies they've been using thus far, they are going to be in for a shock.