Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    @LukeWileman: Aron Winter says Adrian Cann "is probably going to start" against Chivas
    Yikes!
    Im nervous already, as much as i like Cann's defensive ability tackling, winnning balls in the air he needs more time to become match fit.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Yikes!
    Im nervous already, as much as i like Cann's defensive ability tackling, winnning balls in the air he needs more time to become match fit.
    People said he seemed fit in the reserve match.
    I'll take a 90% Cann over either of the two players he might replace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Yikes!
    He's been training for a while with the team and playing in reserve matches. The only way to become fully match fit is to play in matches so if Winter (who sees him everyday) says he's ready to go that is good enough for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a little concerned we might be throwing Cann to the Wolves here, although I'm not sure if we have much choice.

He wasn't the fastest player to begin with and that knee injury probably didn't help much. If we ask him to play that high line and track guys down as the opposition tries to play balls over the top it might be tough for him to adjust. Although, I have no doubt in my mind he'll do better than anyone else we have.

Maybe for his purposes it'd be best to wait a little longer? Although I'm not a doctor (or in camp) so what the hell do i know.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I seriously the only one who is baffled by Cann being our 'saving grace' ?

Not saying he sucks or anything, but you really want to throw that much responsibility for win/loss on Cann? Really?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post

Not saying he sucks or anything, but you really want to throw that much responsibility for win/loss on Cann? Really?
    Not the only one. I agree. I worry people are expecting too much from him. He is better than what we have, but he is still a limited defender. I see Cann being the next whipping boy to be honest.

Plus, our problems start further up the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't think people are necessarily thinking he's the savior, but he's something different: the guys we've had in that position until now haven't been able to do the job, so what's the harm in trying?

He also is an experienced defender, not an entirely unknown commodity....that being said I am concerned (like many of you) about his pace when playing a high line... there's really only one way to find out, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont remember cann as the complete player who can pass

infact i remember him to have a lead foot sometimes.

but hey if can be physical and not let balls through, them its better than what we have now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Over/under on threads between now and Monday completely throwing Cann under the buss? I'm saying 1.5 and I'm definitely going over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cann is not the saving grace only something different and therefore he represents change (hopefully for the better). He doesn't have pace (never has throughout his career) but was a solid defender at this level (from what people remember).

The only CB that really has pace in our squad is Henry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A win/loss will have nothing to do with Cann in the end - this game will be won and lost by the players in front of him. If he has a rough afternoon, then he will have done no different than Harden/Emory/Aceval have thus far and if he can get back to his form of 2010 then he's a better option than all three. I honestly can't see him being any worse, and of all the opposition to come back against, Chivas is better choice than alot of other teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those guys at walking the red are wrong, they still want Aron to play Dunfield and Harden. Aron said himself that he would be making changes, im pretty sure Avila, silva, or Burgos will get their chances at starting tomorrow. He might even put Soolsma in midfield like he did in CCL.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 04-14-2012 at 08:46 AM. Reason: too personal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cann's probably not the CB the team really needs, but he's the best option on the current roster.

He's a good leader too, he should be able to organize the back line better than anyone besides Frings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cann is a big strong defender, that uses his his size better and is a better positional player then Harden, in that he is an improvement. He lacks pace, but pace is a plus not an essential for a CB, IF the CB is good positionaly and does not get caught.

The problem with Cann, is that he is not a good enough passer, and is lead footed, by that I mean not that he lacks pace, which he does, but that sometimes his movments are slow, meaning he shifts position and adjusts too slowly at times, which is a problem in the box ( Dichio was also slow, but he was quick in shifting and moving in the box). However, Cann should be an improvement on Harden.

[ I have to wonder what the fuck went wrong with Attakora?]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to see:
    Morgan - Koevermans - Lambe
    ---Burgos - JDG - Avila
    Aceval - Cann - Henry - Eckersley
    We need midfielders who can make accurate passes forwards (not always to the wingers) and can find a teammate with their first touch. JDG and (especially) Avila can do that. I'm not sure about Burgos since I haven't seen enough of him, but he seems pretty good both going forward and defending. Also all three of those players can pressure to get the ball back - something that cannot be said about Silva, Johnson, or Dunfield.
    By playing Morgan as a left winger: we increase the amount of service that Koevermans gets, get to play a more defensive left back who wont leave the LCB exposed all the time, and get a left winger who will track back and defend. Morgan played very well when moved there in the second LA game, and I think it's worth trying again. Then later on in the game you can put Plata on for Cann or Aceval and move Morgan back to LB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Cann is a big strong defender, that uses his his size better and is a better positional player then Harden, in that he is an improvement. He lacks pace, but pace is a plus not an essential for a CB, IF the CB is good positionaly and does not get caught.

The problem with Cann, is that he is not a good enough passer, and is lead footed, by that I mean not that he lacks pace, which he does, but that sometimes his movments are slow, meaning he shifts position and adjusts too slowly at times, which is a problem in the box ( Dichio was also slow, but he was quick in shifting and moving in the box). However, Cann should be an improvement on Harden.

[ I have to wonder what the fuck went wrong with Attakora?]
    The biggest disappointment of this season. I think he thought he was worth alot more than the staff/club thought he was.

Was part of the trade that got us johnson.

I think if everyone swallows their pride, we would be able to get him back in the mix.

There's no reason the club should shit on somebody, that was with clubs basically from academy/reserve levels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Cann is ready to play, maybe Winter could sub him in at the right moment. Remember last year before he was injured, where he made some significant gaffes. He his also quite poor in passing and distributing the ball. He is the kind of player that many people like, as he is motivated and has a good attitude. I am just not sure how much value add he will bring, but it's not like we have a lot options to choose from. So I wish him all the best whenever he returns to the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp View Post
    The biggest disappointment of this season. I think he thought he was worth alot more than the staff/club thought he was.
    Looking back at this dust-up, neither party handled it well. Everyone should swallow their pride a bit and come to an agreement. TFC needs a decent defender at a decent price and Nanna needs a place to play. He's not perfect, but that's just the nature of MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is the ticket trader thread? I had access before... might need a ticket for today's match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the forecast has improved and might not see rain, but rather sun & cloud and 17. Want to see a solid effor from the boys out there, and let's get the 3 points!

For now I'll enjoy watching Everton knock Liverpool out of the FA Cup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Want to see a solid effor from the boys out there, and let's get the 3 points!

LETS GO REDS!!

For now I'll enjoy watching Everton knock Liverpool out of the FA Cup

again.... LETS GO REDS!!

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope you don't go 0 for 2 today!

Liverpool 2, Everton 1.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No reason why we should not win this game today. I don't care if we play attacking football, we should have enough gusto as a team to pop in a couple goals and run'em down to see it out. Trying to match teams in MLS is like playing roulette based on the previous 10 spins.. limit critical mistakes and we take all 3 points today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I predict a brace from Koevermans and i nicely placed shot by Soolsma resulting in a 3-2 victory.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soolsma is questionable with a sore hamstring.

Ecks-Henry-Cann-Morgan
    Stinson--JDG
    Lambe--Silva--Johnson
    Koevermans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Soolsma probably out. Looking forward to seeing Lambe again.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS website says the game is on TSN2 but the Rogers guide shows college basketball?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Island Man View Post
    Yeah Soolsma probably out. Looking forward to seeing Lambe again.
    Well that sucks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a heads up for those going down to the match, 7oz Steam Whistle, Mill Street and other draft for $1 and some good food and coffee as well, cheap! Hall C of Direct Energy Building.
    It's free to get in if you recycle something. See web site for Green Living for details.