0 Thread(s)

I wonder if by "days" they mean ready for Chivas? lol

http://tsn.ca/soccer/mls/story/?id=392743

FRingers crossed!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro's tweet today from his interview from A.Winter..."There is a chance that Frings can play Saturday"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know Frings makes the team better, but we're really just less shit with him.

Frings being around never stopped Winter from playing Dunfield and Harden over and over again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't give a fuckin fuck. Chivas won at Portland? OOOOOOOOOOOOhhh that must mean they are going to win all road games then?! Fuck no.

Lube up yer butthole Chivassians, we're one pissed off club coming for blood.

TFC 3 - Chivas 1

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I don't give a fuckin fuck. Chivas won at Portland? OOOOOOOOOOOOhhh that must mean they are going to win all road games then?! Fuck no.

Lube up yer butthole Chivassians, we're one pissed off club coming for blood.

TFC 3 - Chivas 1
    I'm probably less interested than you appear to be in anally raping our male opponents until they bleed, but I do appreciate your general sentiment regarding victory. Go TFC.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just throwing this out there, and let's see shit fly...

-----------Kocic-----------
    -Ecks-Henry-JDG (Sweeper)-Aceval-Morgan
    ----Lambe---Silva-Plata/Johnson-----
    -----Soolsma-DK-----

Turning it into 5-3-2

Our defense obviously sucks, shore it up and try scoring on the counter attack instead of 'attack, attack, attack' and let Chivas score on the counter.

It would also throw Chivas for a huge freaking loop and likely destroy what they have been planning for the previous week.

Winter said there would be changes, this is a HELL of a lot easier than changes in the dressing room or with the coach.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    I'm probably less interested than you appear to be in anally raping our male opponents until they bleed, but I do appreciate your general sentiment regarding victory. Go TFC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if any chance to see Cann this weekend....I say try out Cann and Henry as CB's. How much worse can it get? Need to try something. Also, let's get Stinson in the midfield instead of JDG or Dunfield. Not sure if we really have any other option or I would sit both of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I wonder if any chance to see Cann this weekend....I say try out Cann and Henry as CB's. How much worse can it get? Need to try something. Also, let's get Stinson in the midfield instead of JDG or Dunfield. Not sure if we really have any other option or I would sit both of them.
    Cann as a sub later in the game at most IMHO. Don't rush him back, or it could easily get much worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree we need to put some of these guys on the bench but we weren`t very good when Cann started and I don`t think Stinson has had much of an impact in games that he has played.Pretty evident from Saturdays game the team lacks talent.I think Winter needs to change his system . It is not working.We give up alot of goals and don`t score very many

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffville_RPB View Post
    I like your lineup (and post in general) but it was too long to quote. This last bit though I think needed to be highlighted. Soolsma, who has been so strong for us, couldn't find a spot in your lineup. Plus Plata, many people's go to guy on offense, didn't get into the starting lineup. Things like this people need to realize are reason for hope. I think there is talent going forward. Our squad has one glaring hole which unfortunately is right in front of the keeper.

It's early in the week still for lineups but I'm thinking

--------------Kocic-----------
    -Ecks--Henry--Aceval--Morgan-
    ---------Stinson--JDG---------
    --------------Silva------------
    -Soolsma--Koevermans--Lambe-
    I like your style, buddy. However I still think I would rather have Johnson on the field, and JDG warming a seat somewhere. (Maybe on a plane.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by West220Side View Post
    I like your style, buddy. However I still think I would rather have Johnson on the field, and JDG warming a seat somewhere. (Maybe on a plane.)
    Agreed on both counts, but JDG is still better than Dunfield and I think Frings should be given another week off to fully recover. I'm very interested to see who Winter pairs up at CB. Henry-Aceval or Henry-Harden would seem to be the likely choices, but I wonder if he'll go back to Maund over Henry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to be excited about the game. But I am tiered, I am starting to expect failure from this team. I do not want to accept failure, but after all this time, this is what I am starting to expect. I do not like it. I do not like supporting a team that does not seem to demand more from themselves on an organizational level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    The Iron Sheik loves TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Agreed on both counts, but JDG is still better than Dunfield and I think Frings should be given another week off to fully recover. I'm very interested to see who Winter pairs up at CB. Henry-Aceval or Henry-Harden would seem to be the likely choices, but I wonder if he'll go back to Maund over Henry.
    I think Maund was a last resort to be honest. At the time he was getting minutes we were missing Cann and Williams to injury, Henry to the Canadian U23s and hadn't signed Emory yet. We were really stretched. Winter knows talent and knows the issues with the team better than any of us claim. He wasn't playing Maund for any reason other than necessity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want Avila to start this one.

I don't understand why he hasn't had much game time this season so far? TFC became twice the team after they signed Avila last season. And then he gets dropped this season. It's a strange decision by Winter (as usual!). Avila isn't as "spectacular" as Johnson or Silva, but he's neat and tidy and doesn't give the ball away too much. Aron Winter - please give Avila a chance - he deserves it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though Avila played well last season he hasn't seen much time this season because quite frankly Silva is a better player at that position. With Ryan Johnson being in the form he was to kick off the campaign Winter had to find a way to keep him on the field. It is a long season and Avila will get his minutes.

Oh and I think TFC being twice the team they were in the second half of the season last year had something to do with Frings and Koevermans than Avila.
    Last edited by Stouffville_RPB; 04-11-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffville_RPB View Post
    Though Avila played well last season he hasn't seen much time this season because quite frankly Silva is a better player at that position. With Ryan Johnson being in the form he was to kick off the campaign Winter had to find a way to keep him on the field. It is a long season and Avila will get his minutes.

Oh and I think TFC being twice the team they were in the second half of the season last year had more to do with Frings and Koevermans than Avila.
    I'm not saying that Avila is a "better" player than Silva - but Avila has much more MLS experience, and he's a very tidy passer of the ball. He was also ONE of the main reasons for our improved play towards the end of last season.

I like Silva, and he's going to be a great TFC player, but Winter needs to go "tried and tested" right now, and Avila has the experience and tidy play that we need, not Silva at this second in time. Silva's time will come, but Winter needs a player who can be neat and tidy and trusted with the ball. Avila should be given an opportunity, IMO (he can't do much worse, can he?!).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    Just throwing this out there, and let's see shit fly...

-Ecks-Henry-JDG (Sweeper)-Aceval-Morgan
    ----Lambe---Silva-Plata/Johnson-----
    -----Soolsma-DK-----

Turning it into 5-3-2

Our defense obviously sucks, shore it up and try scoring on the counter attack instead of 'attack, attack, attack' and let Chivas score on the counter.

It would also throw Chivas for a huge freaking loop and likely destroy what they have been planning for the previous week.

Winter said there would be changes, this is a HELL of a lot easier than changes in the dressing room or with the coach.
    YIKES!!! You want the WORST TACKLER (JDG) on the team playing CB??? LMAO!! You can't be serious....JDG would be good for one penalty MINIMUM!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    YIKES!!! You want the WORST TACKLER (JDG) on the team playing CB??? LMAO!! You can't be serious....JDG would be good for one penalty MINIMUM!!!
    Sweep, so he has the run of the pitch.

Hard to mark a sweep and he can make runs/start plays.

I think he could do the job well.

Eck and Morgan are both fast so good to have the run of the wings which they do well.

I am mostly throwing out ideas for something DIFFERENT because obviously the 4-3-3 isn't doing great.
    Last edited by Abou Sky; 04-11-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Please,discuss the game only!

-Ecks-Henry-Aceval-Morgan-
    -----------Burgos----------
    --------Silva---Avila--------
    -----Solsma-Koef-Johnson-----
    I like this too. The only change I'd make might be swapping Stinson for Burgos.

Chivas plays like San Jose and Columbus: park the bus and counter. The only time TFC really threatened in either of those matches was with Avila and Silva on the field at the same time. The best chance at breaking through a tightly organized defence is to play the two most creative AMs.

Soolsma and Johnson feeding crosses to Koevermans. And Koef holding the ball up for Silva and Avila to make runs up the middle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those of you who might be watching this game on tv, its now on TSN 2 and not Gol. Same for the game on the 21st

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard Burgos was man of the match against the reserves. Id rather have him starting than Duncefield...I want to see this line up
    -----------Kocic------------
    -Ecks-Henry-Aceval-Morgan-
    ------------JDG-------------
    --------Silva--Avila----------
    ----Soolsma-Koef-Johnson---
    I want to see Burgos, Plata/Lambe, and Cann to get some minutes too. I swear to god if JDG puts on a half-ass performance like the last 3 games, he should be warming the bench with Dunfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have it on good authority that Frings is not ready for this weekend. That's not to say that he won't see some action (I have no idea if he will or not either way) but if he plays I get the impression they are risking him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better safe that sorry.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Better safe that sorry.
    Agreed, but we've been sorry for +5years. His injury has exposed a shocking lack of depth.
    Going to BMO lately reminds me of Barfly. Mickey Rourke yelling "To all my friends!" before
    getting his ass kicked. Again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boozilla View Post
    Agreed, but we've been sorry for +5years.
    While I feel your pain we can't fault players and managers that were here in years 1-4 for the teams short comings. As bad as we all want to see Frings back on the pitch it isn't worth the risk of having him out even longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i call for a crowd of 16k (and thats an agreesive estimate)

the jays have stole the thunder and no one is interested in a losing TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    i call for a crowd of 16k (and thats an agreesive estimate)

the jays have stole the thunder and no one is interested in a losing TFC.

Yea I found it a bit strange that the games are at the same time. I know some people who like to go see the jays game at 1 and the TFC game at 4, or the other way around, but its a shame they need to share the fans for the afternoon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@LukeWileman: Aron Winter says Adrian Cann "is probably going to start" against Chivas