Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    ^^ i dont want to be an ultra, but "modern"ultra style is on the rise
    Can we get a definition on that?

From where I stand its looks like "modern" ultra just means drop and hide.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I'm okay with that sort of stance myself.

I had a rather annoying incident during CCL SF. I had 2 pairs split up but wanted to sit all 4 together. Found a row, i think it was 18, in 116 (both my pairs were in 116), with 3 seats open, 2 taken, then 3 seats open. I asked the mid 30's couple to move one over one way or the other...they sternly declined. Ok..wtf. So we split up and stood around them...but they got mad at us talking across them.

So they assumed we weren't meant to be there and grabbed the passerby security to demand he checks our seats. Matter of fact one of my pairs was the end of the row, but my other pair was...front row 116. So he took us down there and hoofed out two people to give us our seats. Since it was about 20 mins into the match, we looked like a couple arseholes showing up late for the match kicking people out the front row as if we're the ones being anal about seating.

Bloody annoying..nobody even ended up coming to take any of those other vacant seats in that row either.

They had every right to those seats, I'm not oblivious to that,...just don't get the "OMG THE VELVET ROPE" mentality some people have about seating though.
    I think there is a 'happy middle'

I wasn't there but anyone who would say "No, we want to be right here not three seats down" is a jerk. I have traded 'down' with people to sit with friends and usually people are OK with that.

That said, I am showing up with my son to most games. I have had MANY MORE lovely people move as soon as I show up saying 'are these your seats?' and I simply say, 'ya but there are some a row in front so sit with your friends but I might ask for them'

OTOH I have also had a few asses refuse me my seats when I show up 20 mins late and I would have to go back 10+ rows to get any seats. Others around quite quickly said 'just go to your seats' and 'had my back' and people moved.

Like I said earlier, GA can mean that the people most willing to be jerks and push to the front get the 'best' seats. (I don't like the front because you can't watch play unfold properly)

ALL THAT SAID. I know the Voyageurs tix for CMNT games are GA but know that going in and I am cool with it. So I guess it is more about communication than anything else.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

okay - so maybe 'Nultra' is a more appropriate term (pron. 'Nooltra'). Definition : New Ultra. A supporter who displays all of the non-violent aspects of Global Ultra Culture, and none of the violent.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Furtado91 View Post
    Instead of flares could we just have like really bright neon sticks or something? sorry if it sounds stupid, but if we had a bunch of like red neon sticks during an evening game, I think it would look cool, and its a safer alternative. my point is if we really want to put on a show, there are always alternatives to showcasing our support for this team. Just my 2 cents im sure we could come up with some idea.
    ROFLMAO!

'Glow sticks man, trippy'

Eek, the memories!

Sorry man, but that is uber lame.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    okay - so maybe 'Nultra' is a more appropriate term (pron. 'Nooltra'). Definition : New Ultra. A supporter who displays all of the non-violent aspects of Global Ultra Culture, and none of the violent.
    Accountability is still missing from the equation. Otherwise cool.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    I don't want to wade too deeply into this debate, but:

Remember those 70 or so 2-sticks that showed up in Montreal? I think we can all agree that they were pretty flipping cool. Am I right?!?

I honestly don't know who lit the smoke bombs or threw them. I really don't.

On Thursday night I spent about three hours helping to make those 2-sticks. The guys who organized that would probably be called Ultras and some of them might call themselves that as well. While I had to leave at 9:30 (married, old, early train) they stayed up until almost 4am working to get them done. Plus, they paid for this themselves.

Think of this before you disparage all Ultras and paint them all with the same libelous brush.

Or better yet, stand the fuck up and thank them for their efforts.
    I had a great time in Montreal. I'd like to thank everyone involved, from those people purchasing and distributing the tickets to others who stayed up for hours making all the two sticks.

Thanks to everyone who dealt with either Front Office and those who got the message out about how to get in the stadium.

Your hard work was, and is, very much appreciated.

Here's my take on some of the things I've read so far:

I sit, or stand, in, or at, my seat. It does not matter what the "unwritten" rule is.

If your ticket does not have General Availability on it and someone else is in it, they are wrong.

If supporters sections are General Availability, then I'll get to the stadium two hours before the game and be the first in line to get in and just take whatever seat I like. Doesn't matter that you've taken time off work to go to several relocations to get just the seat you wanted. I'll just buy a ticket before the game and take yours.

As for the flares and the smoke bombs...they are forbidden. If you choose to disobey the law you should be prepared to pay the penalty. And that should include the cost of any ruined shirts. I saw several people wearing shirts that players had signed. I'd be devastated if somebody ruined mine because the coward liked to see smoke. Particularly if they tried to absolve themselves of any blame because smoke bombs are normal in stadiums thousands of kilometres away.

Tell you what...if you let off a smoke bomb or flare and Security comes looking for you, explain to them that because you've seen or done this somewhere else and that the rules are now different for you. You should also be prepared for them to disagree, and if they do, then you should pay the penalty.

It is that simple.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Can we get a definition on that?

From where I stand its looks like "modern" ultra just means drop and hide.
    come find me in the supporters section and you can see.

Ive broken many rules and have never hid from security
    Last edited by London; 04-09-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
    Away games have always, and will always be GA. Accept it.
    This, it's one of the best part of away games.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to wonder what this thread would look like if we won... methinks not so much acrimony would be present about either GA, Smoke or who is 'ultra enough' etc.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

come find me in the supporters section and you can see.

Ive broken many rules and have never hid from security
    Hey no doubt you live by a very strict code. To bad others don't.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    No it's not,your passion and support for TFC is to be admired and one can only wish we have more supporters like that,however just because you do flares and smoke bombs you guys are not even U from Ultras.

To be Ultras is way of life,life that none of you have experienced here in N.America.You have to be ready to get "behind the bars" if it's needed physically hurt others,steal,smuggle stuff across the border and all other illegal things that will get you $$$ to finance banners,flares,trips,I doubt it any of you does that for the living,or to finance any TFC Support project.

If you want to do flares than you have to be ready to hold on them,like we do in Belgrade:

and once you do that and many other Ultra things you have to be ready to get 2-5 years behind the bars,guy in red jacket is Bogdanov the one who stopped the game in Genova between Serbia and Italy.

or like the leader of the Star's fan group "Ultra Boys", Marko Vuckovic Mare who was convicted in the First Instance Court to eight months in prison for inflicting serious bodily injury.

there you go 3 out of 4 in jail,that's what is called Ultra in "old Country"

You guys might look Ultras for Canadian/USA fan landscape,but in real life you are just passionate TFC supporters who go to work pay the bills and have no social problems or criminal records.

You all know that all 3 TFC major SG's do not support flares and smoke bombs and that's why some of you were kicked out from those SG's,some of you left on your own.
    By doing what you guys did in Montreal will never unite all supporters and get us to the next level,it will only get worst.You guys need us more than we need you,you can't do nothing without RPB,U-sector and NEE,supporters are only strong when they have numbers,size matters when it comes to support,and you don't have it.

So how about we all chill out a bit with this Ultra nonsense and find the way to work together to get the best TFC support we can have it.
    ^
    well put,.......BUT don't pick on London , pick on those who did the deeds ,..again London and the known "oolras" FFS,.....do not act carelessly.....it IS the cowardly independents ,that are shits reading this forum who are very happy eveeryone is fighting, not the known faces that we've been friends with , shared drinks with,..we live in a the greatest, free country in the world......lets enjoy it......creating new support, instead of following others.
    Last edited by jazzy; 04-09-2012 at 10:48 AM.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if only some of you were as enthusiastic in the stands as you are with bitching on forums post mortem muahaha

RPB for life

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Accountability is still missing from the equation. Otherwise cool.
    quite right.

The Nultra walks the line between wanting to support their team 'authentically' and breaking local bylaws.

To this end the few will likely end up doing both, gaining the disapproval of both Ultra and non-Ultras alike as they duck and hide.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    ROFLMAO!

'Glow sticks man, trippy'

Eek, the memories!

Sorry man, but that is uber lame.
    no need to apologize dude, My point being is we have to make do with what we have. as stupid as the suggestion was, at least it would be something even the members kids could get into. if not glow sticks im sure there are other alternatives, instead of seeing the same bloody threads about ultra vs non ultra use that energy to get around the current problem we have. instead of saying oh we can't do what they do, why don't we start something new instead of something that EVERYONE does? as crazy as the idea is, we have a big population which is great in the sense of having many ideas to work around this issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's get terraces in the south end with general admittance. Please move the wheel chair section!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not call personally you out in my post at all,I apologizes if it came out like that.

^^^ how about you learn something about me before you call me out on all this stuff.

do you know me, do you know what i do outside of TFC.

NO you do not, so dont' even start to tell me what i do or do not do.

Just because you say that I or my friends light smoke or flares saturday doesnt make it the truth.

I don't think he's saying you lit the smoke bombs. I think he's saying you're not an Ultra as the term is typically understood around the world.
    It's exactly what TTG said.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarez View Post
    if only some of you were as enthusiastic in the stands as you are with bitching on forums post mortem muahaha

RPB for life
    Welcome to the forum Barbarez.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't see anything wrong with what Furts is suggesting.

Imagine if we did up a huge TIFO with red glowsticks... go to yer dollar store and buy up all the red glow sticks.. etc. That would be both awesome and within regulations.

Sure, we're not all brandishing flamethrowers, but as cool as that might look on TV or sound in theory, I'm not sure I'd want to be part of it.

Anway, surely glow sticks are part of Nultra Culture ?
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Welcome to the forum Barbarez.
    Barbarez is having a laff.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB for life

welcome back,

I was wondering if I had started in Montreal the FC railroader song "e da me vidi babooo,da se opjiam da napijam 7 jegera" how many would follow?
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not me denime i wasn;t in Montreal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now there is a name that I haven't seen in a while

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barbarez is having a laff.
    I had to pay off a certain rpb member to let me back on

RPB 4 Life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ I never once refered to myself as ultra, "european ultras" have no place in north america.

this term was placed on us by alot of the people around here,example #1 (OOOOOOOltra) we are just trying to bring the style of support that WE grew up watching.

we do not engage in battling security or police or other supporters,

we simply bring a european style of support in the stands, it does not mean that we are trying to replicate old world style or anything like that.

as a child i would have tapes sent to me from italy so i could watch matches almost a week after they occured, it was the only way to see them play, over the years i fell in love with "euro style stadium support" , so that is what i know and bring with me to every match.

When the team is down, you build them up, when they are up you raise them higher, i give as much effort as i feel the players should- 90 minutes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With respect to those who organize the dispensation of tickets, I think that the GA problem can be mostly fixed with just a little more planning.

As a member of the banner team and one of those people who consistently wave the larger flags I know that we need to be in key positions in the crowd to a) maximize effect and b) be able to wave the flags in a way that disrupts the sightlines of the fewest people. If, for games that at stipulated as non-GA, we can allocate the seats to the flag wavers and those setting up the displays in such a way that they don't have 'invade' someone else's seat, I think we solve some of the problem.

Perhaps we can get Fort York Redcoat to work with the ticket folks to get at least some of that ironed out before the tickets are sent. It is a huge ask and will not solve the problem completely, but it will be a good start.

My seats were way back there and I was one the 'invaders' because I found an good area for waving that had no one in it. If this was planned out ahead of time it would avoid any possible friction.

Finally, please don't suggest that anyone can wave the flags. There are rules and respect needed that most people forget in their haze of whatever. We've had that debate before.

Just a thought.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    Let's get terraces in the south end with general admittance. Please move the wheel chair section!
    You think that the entire south wants to stand? That's a pretty optimistic view, Javier.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB 4 Life
    Thanks for the $20
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see anything wrong with what Furts is suggesting.

Imagine if we did up a huge TIFO with red glowsticks... go to yer dollar store and buy up all the red glow sticks.. etc. That would be both awesome and within regulations.

Sure, we're not all brandishing flamethrowers, but as cool as that might look on TV or sound in theory, I'm not sure I'd want to be part of it.

Anway, surely glow sticks are part of Nultra Culture ?
    eek... every time I read 'Nultra' I cringe.

Thinking about it, I could totally see Ricketts diving in front of the South Stands and getting pelted by 1000 glow sticks and then having glow sticks get banned... Defo be funny to see though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB 4 Life

Greetings "Uncle Barbarez" hahahaha