Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look! It's a pile on from the oooltras. Shouldn't you guys have your own SG and message board or something?
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    DOMIN8R if thats what you meant, then I was wrong. Then again. I dont think weve seen the last of the Big O. So how do you know. We did just play at Skydome, but you are aware we have a field at BMO? I guess we wont ever go back to the Skydome. No. Chance. Of. That. Ever..... Phil... Nothing wrong with being a fan buddy just dont go throwing other people under the bus as we know you really want to do. There is plenty of room for your style in 115. Why dont you get flags going over there? Maybe get some singing going for 90 minutes?
    I don't consider myself a fan but a supporter, apparently you are the only one who can hand out that award though. Nobody is getting thrown under the bus from here. Take a look at 115 and tell me the size difference between that and 112. Good luck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    With you in charge soon we will all be sitting quietly observing the rules. Go away
    The rules have never stipulated you have to sit quietly at games, and I'm dying to know how you think telling the President of this "fan club for kids" to go away is going to be received by moderators and members alike.

If you've got valid criticism of the fan support at games to make, then make it. Leave your petulant nonsense out of it. Phil, and the rest of the RPB execs spend lots of time talking with the team, to try and defend supporters at games, and their right and ability to support the team loudly. But this isn't Europe. Sports culture here is not okay with smoke bombs and flares, and other embarrassing "ultra" nonsense that has percolated across the ocean for decades. Deal with it, and remember why you ultimately go to the games.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    Look! It's a pile on from the oooltras. Shouldn't you guys have your own SG and message board or something?
    Sometimes I do wonder...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SCF1908 View Post
    You know this for fact and know exactly who did what?
    Don't be willfully obtuse. The use of smoke bombs and flares at football games has been going on overseas for a long time. People longing for such a hardcore "ultra" culture here, or people who think it looks cool, see that and want to recreate it.

Smoke bombs don't go with the sport of football like hand and glove, so it's pretty much an axiomatic statement that the people doing this are being influenced by a desired to emulate "old world" football culture. But this isn't the old country, for better and for worse.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't mind J, he is still probably pissy after the crappy trip. As far as us being here, this is still the largest group in the city, and this is the largest forum with the most exposure we as toronto fc supporters have. This is really the only place that exists online where things can be discussed, at least to some extent, and reach the most amount of relevant people possible. I wish a more neutral forum existed that everyone used, but it is what it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You banned J. for THAT? Pretty thin skinned, fellas. He usually a good contributor.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I banned him, yes. You can disagree and discuss all you want, but you don't call out Phil like that and expect to continue to participate on this forum.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it's an authority thing. Got it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    You banned J. for THAT? Pretty thin skinned, fellas. He usually a good contributor.
    I don't agree. Those insulting RPBs and their leader in the RPB forum should be banned. You are in a minority on this one. When you are a paid member of this SG and your in good standing I might listen to you. Until then, you are just another oooltra-old-world-wanna-be who can't organize sufficiently to get your own message board and organization off the ground.

Go piss in your own yard.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's about respecting someone who works very hard for support of this team, end of story. You don't shit on Phil on this message board and expect to continue to participate. Have a look at the URL at the top of the forum. Phil is one of the pillars of making this whole thing possible. If you have an issue with it, feel free to send me a private message.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously? This isn't a public utility.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow this thread derailed quickly... Sorry to see it happen. The comments against Phil were not necessary. He does alot of work for the group. I agree that as a guest, you shouldn't be making negative comments about the president of the club who's message board you are posting on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't agree. Those insulting RPBs and their leader in the RPB forum should be banned. You are in a minority on this one. When you are a paid member of this SG and your in good standing I might listen to you. Until then, you are just another oooltra-old-world-wanna-be who can't organize sufficiently to get your own message board and organization off the ground.

I think this is out of line, Dom. For starters, MartinUtd wasn't involved in the original discussion about "ultra" nonsense, and is generally a poster in good standing so far as I can tell. Secondly, you said people who insult RPB member should be banned, and then proceeded to insult him.

I think a deep breath needs to be taken here. MartinUtd, if you have concerns about the actions taken, as Jack said - please PM a moderator.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, no disrespect from me personally. I've just seen worse dialog ignored. Regardless of who it was directed at, the response seemed to be heavy handed. That's all.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I think a deep breath needs to be taken here. MartinUtd, if you have concerns about the actions taken, as Jack said - please PM a moderator.

- Scott
    I agree. Lets all step away from the keyboard and remember we support the same team. MartinUtd has been a great guy and is just asking a question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is out of line, Dom. For starters, MartinUtd wasn't involved in the original discussion about "ultra" nonsense, and is generally a poster in good standing so far as I can tell. Secondly, you said people who insult RPB member should be banned, and then proceeded to insult him.

- Scott
    Appreciated but I didn't interpret Domin8or's comments being directly at me but at the larger group of non paid members who complain. Maybe I'm wrong. but I understand where he's coming from. I'll save the rest of this thought for PM since member etiquette is not the name of the thread.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool, I will pay for J. and me to be members. I can give a referral from a member in good standing if you want it.

When that issue is laid to rest and we are members, let's see you up your argument.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Scott
    You are right. After re-reading my post, I realize that I wasn't clear. I did not intend to insult anyone. I appologize to MartinUtd - this is what I meant to post.....

I don't agree, Martin. Those insulting RPBs and their leader in the RPB forum should be banned. You (Martin) are in a minority on this one. When you (J.) are a paid member of this SG and you're in good standing I might listen to you (J.). Until then, you (J.) are just another oooltra-old-world-wanna-be who can't organize sufficiently to get your (J.) own message board and organization off the ground.

Go piss in your own yard (J.).

Even so, clearly I let the emotions of the moment overtake me. I appologize to Martin. I was out of line. In the future, I'll step away from the keyboard and sleep on it.

I appreciate the reality check. Thanks, Scott.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool, I will pay for J. and me to be members. I can give a referral from a member in good standing if you want it.

When that issue is laid to rest and we are members, let's see you up your argument.
    Actually we have a process that has been in place for some time that does not allow a person to simply pay to be a part of this group.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Actually we have a process that has been in place for some time that does not allow a person to simply pay to be a part of this group.

I am simply stating that if an argument is based on nothing more than "You are not a member" it's rather thin in my opinion. I have read the membership rules and I could easily find myself qualifying.

I am not here to tell you that you are doing a shit job when I have no idea what you have done, rather, just stating an opinion on smoke bombs and also emphasizing it's my opinion. Of course I only have experience from small football markets like Holland, Italy and Brazil as someone pointed out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the future, how does one go about getting tickets with the away support section rather than with the general crowd? I couldn't figure out before the game so I just got tickets in the section beside the support. not the same haha

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stuart.mac View Post
    For the future, how does one go about getting tickets with the away support section rather than with the general crowd? I couldn't figure out before the game so I just got tickets in the section beside the support. not the same haha
    Due to rules with TICO we can only sell to members for sections that we buy.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's drama in here and nobody invited me? I feel so unloved.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone name an honest pro for the smoke bombs other than "atmosphere" or it being a part of football? Does it bring something to the game? We have hear people say their clothing was destroyed, fire almost started, people could have been injured. What good comes from it? Just wondering.

I bought at ticket in section 147 because I knew for sure I'd get a 5th row seat, rather than dealing with people stealing my seats, but here is a picture of the smoke bombs I got. Even from where we were, there was a couple minutes that it was hard to breath, can't imagine what it was like for the people in the heart of it.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Nice pic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay because I live in Ottawa, I go to games in Toronto when I am home in Torontom, but for the most part the Montreal games are easiest for me to go to and I would rather sit with the entire support. So how would I go about geting tickets for May 2nd? Or the following away game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Effen, Alx. Always stirring the shit.

LOL I can see your Cheshire cat smile now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am simply stating that if an argument is based on nothing more than "You are not a member" it's rather thin in my opinion. I have read the membership rules and I could easily find myself qualifying.

I am not here to tell you that you are doing a shit job when I have no idea what you have done, rather, just stating an opinion on smoke bombs and also emphasizing it's my opinion. Of course I only have experience from small football markets like Holland, Italy and Brazil as someone pointed out.
    I welcome anyone who wants to put forth a well thought out opinion in favour of smoke bombs and flares at games, even if I strongly disagree with it. What J. was ultimately banned for has nothing to do with that, and everything to do with being a derisive jerk towards the group responsible for owning and operating this forum, and especially it's President. Hopefully he learns something from it.

- Scott

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay because I live in Ottawa, I go to games in Toronto when I am home in Torontom, but for the most part the Montreal games are easiest for me to go to and I would rather sit with the entire support. So how would I go about geting tickets for May 2nd? Or the following away game.
    Just call up the FO (front office) for tickets and tell them you want to sit with the TFC supporters.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I welcome anyone who wants to put forth a well thought out opinion in favour of smoke bombs and flares at games, even if I strongly disagree with it. What J. was ultimately banned for has nothing to do with that, and everything to do with being a derisive jerk towards the group responsible for owning and operating this forum, and especially it's President. Hopefully he learns something from it.

- Scott
    LOL.