Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Away Support

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think having the kid cap for a few minutes was great, it didn't take away any of the atmosphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    I am at a bit of a loss, why is it not OK to have a kid lead a chant?
    Because that kid has shown more true support than Chris Wren will ever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_121 View Post
    Because that kid has shown more true support than Chris Wren will ever.
    Hey look - unnecessary and pointless trolling.

- Scot
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to throw it out there,I started a few chants there. In 115,we usually sing seven nations army after we score. Tried to start it....didn't go

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My point seemed clear. I was mocked by the capo for saying that some supporters are passionately into the game. If that is what I'm missing out on by watching the game I guess I'll forever be a bad supporter. Now I have to move on from this topic, I just wanted to answer the surprising confusion over my post.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wren View Post
    Fort York, why is Seven Nation Army never done anymore? I can't think of an easier chant that unites everyone. I would think that if unity amongst supporters is the goal the simple chants are best. The kid capo might be cute to those that know him, but to me it's another example of people being in their own world. How can people be critical of fans or supporters who love soccer and think the game is the most important thing, and like that? Once again I want to stress I had a great time, which is what got me bothered when I read criticism of fellow fans who drove 500+ Km to be at the game. I wish just once my support would be embraced rather than criticised.
    Seven Nation Army. We could do it. I'll be honest some chants get tired or changed and in this case I stopped singing it because it reminds me how I'd rather be singing it for a corner kick to" A ma do Gue var ra". I'd sing it again. There are very few chants I refuse to sing. e.g. "this is our house" when we're away and losing. It doesn't even work ironically.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was standing about half way up in 151. there were a lot of dead spots in the crowd. I could see rows of guys standing around chatting.
    when the drum and capo moved up that helped and I think we might want to consider doing that at home.
    i was a little disappointed at times with the lack of effort. the play on the pitch didn't help.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My point seemed clear. I was mocked by the capo for saying that some supporters are passionately into the game. If that is what I'm missing out on by watching the game I guess I'll forever be a bad supporter. Now I have to move on from this topic, I just wanted to answer the surprising confusion over my post.
    Honestly I still don't get the point of there being an issue with a kid leading a chant and what it has to do with 'supporterness' or not.

I think I probably consider myself a soccer fan first, and a TFC supporter second. I am there because I want to watch the game, I got good seats because I want to watch the game, I don't get trashed because I want to REMEMBER the game (ok, may reconsider this one). I will chant and sing and yell but not at the expense of watching the game.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The kid capo might be cute to those that know him, but to me it's another example of people being in their own world. How can people be critical of fans or supporters who love soccer and think the game is the most important thing, and like that? Once again I want to stress I had a great time, which is what got me bothered when I read criticism of fellow fans who drove 500+ Km to be at the game. I wish just once my support would be embraced rather than criticised.
    Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    Honestly I still don't get the point of there being an issue with a kid leading a chant and what it has to do with 'supporterness' or not.

I think I probably consider myself a soccer fan first, and a TFC supporter second. I am there because I want to watch the game, I got good seats because I want to watch the game, I don't get trashed because I want to REMEMBER the game (ok, may reconsider this one). I will chant and sing and yell but not at the expense of watching the game.
    The 2 of you are actually agreeing on how you watch a game. The difference is one doesn't believe in capos. That's it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    I was standing about half way up in 151. there were a lot of dead spots in the crowd. I could see rows of guys standing around chatting.
    when the drum and capo moved up that helped and I think we might want to consider doing that at home.
    i was a little disappointed at times with the lack of effort. the play on the pitch didn't help.
    I think we're getting closer to a solution for it here.

The drum probably could've been higher (midway, 5 to 8 rows up) more like at home and the regulars at the bottom could do the regular thing while it would've at least carried to the the bottom and to the middle. I think that would've been JUST close enough for the second drum to be at the halfway mark between the 2 sections.

Live and learn.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's all we can do Pete. live and learn.
    winning cures all. if there was a better product on the pitch we wouldn't be having these pissing contests about support. remember we're all here for the same reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris Wren = Kenny?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Chris Wren = Kenny?
    No,and that's personal be careful
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading many of the comments in this thread, here is my take on the match at the Big O.

As a TFC fan from NB, the matches I attend require a sizeable time/money commitment. As such, I really appreciate any TFC supporter who shows up at an away match whether they sing/chant non-stop or not.

I sat in a section across the stadium from the TFC supporters section, and about the same distance away from the Impact supporters. Both groups were loud, but I felt like the TFC group was louder earlier in the match. I'd echo the sentiment that it's harder to keep cheering your guts out, when your team is on the losing end. That being said, I was still impressed with the bursts of noise out of the corner.

Security/atmosphere - Had a conversation with a security dude about Moosehead and the Buccaneers Pub, that's it. No issues siting in with locals, so I didn't see how the supporters section was treated by security. I did get shouted at to "Go Home" by some old man as I was leaving the stadium, and another guy ranted about Ty Harden as I made my way to the Metro. Not sure what he thought I could do to make TY Harden play better.

Concesssions - Lots of choice of booze, food, etc. There wasn't a line up for anything, and at the half I whipped in and out of the facilities lightning fast.

Stadium - It's an old shitty mess with carpet for a playing surface. Still loved watching in a building with history, though. Hate to see TFC lose, but was happy for the MTL supporters. Hope they can sell more tickets and ride the wave into a playoff spot. Maybe they'll not have to wait 6 years.