Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Away Support

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Away Support

Just in from the game today, and I thought I'd make this quick thread about the support.

Obviously a miserable result today however, as the first Eh Classico, I must say I was very very proud to be wearing the red and white today.

The away support not only showed up in numbers, but they made themselves heard loud and clear, Toronto FC has the BEST MLS away support. So thank you to all the fans who made the long trip out to Quebec to see the game, I didnt see a single empty seat in the supporters section, and quite a few TFC fans scattered throughout the general crowd. (Many with the RPB scarfs on)

There are few away games that we are get a big away support out to, so its amazing to see this rivalry kick off with Reds fans showing up as they did.

Here are a few pictures of all those wonderful fans! Again, thanks to all the away support, two more games this year in Montreal and I hope they keep showing up loud and proud.

P.S - Best chant of the game, Stoppage Time, down 2-1 with the ball in our own end..... Lets Go Expos!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very cool.
    ¡Vamos Celta!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least the supporters showed up cuz the team didnt.

Not going to olympic stadium again for a game. Security was ok but concession stands suck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great to see. We've always had better fans than players.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    At least the supporters showed up cuz the team didnt.

Not going to olympic stadium again for a game. Security was ok but concession stands suck
    So you go to away games for hotdogs and pizza? Tell me you're joking!

LOL

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are going to call me out, you better be one of the supporters who made the trip to mtl.

Its basic amenities. If you dont want to be treated like a minor league team, you better have something to sell the game experience, this includes having more than two beer stands.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I think the support was overall poop, but can't say I blame people with the start of the season we have had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are going to call me out, you better be one of the supporters who made the trip to mtl.

Its basic amenities. If you dont want to be treated like a minor league team, you better have something to sell the game experience, this includes having more than two beer stands.
    AMEN.
    Just got home from mtl. 1 guy serving coors light to 1000 people is an EPIC FAIL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The concession was pretty shitty, not to mention the beer was tiny and cost a fortune. At the Leafs vs Sens games you can get a tall boy for $8, yet here you get a half pint for $7 (I think). Pretty crappy. But either way, Its good to see the fans are willing to make the trip, lets hope when they move back to their regular stadium it is more catered to the football fans. Think the atmosphere will be a lot better in the smaller stadium aswell.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy. I'm not calling you out.

But I would have thought the worst thing you experience in MTL today would have been the utter shit performance of the squad. I think they could have you served you Coors Light in a bucket made of solidified urine and it still wouldn't have been as bad as watching Toronto FC's performance on the field.

Your TEAM let you down today. Not the beer concession stands at a concrete stadium.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Believe me im very mad at the team.

But as fan of the league i want the best fan experience in every stadium so that this league and the sport grows in north america

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My heart goes out to the supporters and fans that made the trip today. You all deserved to see a better performance from the club, though I'm sure most of you still had a good time.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of guys were saying they werent too upset, they still got to go to the montreal strip clubs haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the team was shit and support matched it.

We had numbers but no substance.

We were outchanted by the family sections next to us at times

I still had fun but yesterday was not a bright spot for TFC on and off the field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post

I still had fun but yesterday was not a bright spot for TFC on and off the field
    Really?

I thought that we were loud and steady for the whole game yesterday.

The only time I heard the family section was when they piggybacked onto the tailend of our TFC clap-clap-clap chant with the word 'suck' each time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post

Couldn't disagree with you more. Down 2 - 0 and a team playing like crap and WE still gave 90 minutes. Not sure what game you were at.
    And the capo deserves extra credit. He was nothing but spectacular in keeping it going.

We responded to every chant the family section next to us gave out.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to see Celtic v Aberdeen at Pittodrie a few years back. The concession stand for the away supporters was one single camper van outside the stadium. LOL. What a shithole. (BTW - not criticizing you, just sharing my example of shitty service to away fans).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As someone who wasn't at the match, I must say, I think you guys did yourselves proud. I heard you loud and clear for the whole 90 mins on TV.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with small juice cup beer glasses serving only 'lite'...so you have to buy about 10 to enjoy...lol ..at 7$ a crack......the 'O' is the shits , miles away from the action.......both skydome and the 'O' are old and too far from the action....though even skydome is more game friendly.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 4evared View Post
    Really?

I thought that we were loud and steady for the whole game yesterday.

The only time I heard the family section was when they piggybacked onto the tailend of our TFC clap-clap-clap chant with the word 'suck' each time.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    Couldn't disagree with you more. Down 2 - 0 and a team playing like crap and WE still gave 90 minutes. Not sure what game you were at.
    And the capo deserves extra credit. He was nothing but spectacular in keeping it going.

We responded to every chant the family section next to us gave out.
    sorry, shit was a bad term.

there were parts that did represent well, overall we should have been far better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

starting believe Toronto as a city is cursed

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there were several times that was more then a minute or two pause in between songs. it lasted for minutes where no one was doing anything.
    i ended up leaving and wandering around the section due to my area being a dead zone. handful of people around me and that was it singing.
    was alot better after polish dave moved up and got the ball rolling in there though. mind you people also travelled around to do this as well.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When the capo moved the top got a lot louder and the support was fantastic given the quality of crap on the field. I was in the 4th row in 149 with my kids and it was pumping the entire 90 minutes. You could also feel the concrete of that old decrepit stadium wavering as everyone hopped. As for amenities, pretty much what I would expect for an away section in 40 year old or so stadium. Think about it this way, they actually had beer vendors the entire game, I saw a woman come down in the 89th minute with a tray of beer, when was the last time you saw that at our stadium? That's a pretty good amenity to me.

Frankly, away games are more fun than home matches. Just my opinion.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i'll admit that was pretty sketchy/awesome to feel that
    bet the big ol corrupt mafia endorsed engineer never had that in mind for desingings of the big elephant
    montreal; the mexico of canada
    also who's got pics of future capo?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know who the guy was whose pants caught fire from the smoke bomb?
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    Does anyone know who the guy was whose pants caught fire from the smoke bomb?
    Don't know his name but he must be a liar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes yeoman.

we need pics of the "little ultra" pumping up the crowd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most disappointing thing was when some Toronto fans were coming in 15-25 mins after kickoff then getting security to move Toronto fans out of the seats that were printed on their tickets. like really; you come in late then you go around other supporters backs just so you can be at your seats. Are your seats really that much more important for them than to support Toronto collectively?

My other issue is that there was more security in the aisle between TFC supporters than there was in the aisle between TFC supports and the Impact fans...and with all the empty seats around the stadium, why are they selling tickets to impact fans in the sections right beside TFC supporters; i'm surprised we didn't see beers being thrown at each other or something...i don't feel that was the smartest thing to do with plenty of seats all over; I think they should have left a whole section empty in between us as a security pre-caution

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the support as a whole was great. Again people complaining it was quiet? Not sure what game you were at but I was right up at the front and there was constantly noise from above.

There were more Toronto FC fans in the away section than there were Impact fans in the section behind their net singing and chanting all game. That says a lot for an away game in CANADA.
    Last edited by stuart.mac; 04-08-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    yeah i'll admit that was pretty sketchy/awesome to feel that
    bet the big ol corrupt mafia endorsed engineer never had that in mind for desingings of the big elephant
    montreal; the mexico of canada
    also who's got pics of future capo?

There he is!

That's my son! He's 9.

He's been to tonnes of games including the first home game.