Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default @Montreal Post-Game

Who needs another team when TFC beats itself?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Toronto FC Gong Show Takes It's Wacky Variety Of Sports Entertainment On The Road To Montreal!

Starring:

The Two Million Dollar Man - Julian DeGuzman

His Faithful Sidekick - Terry Dunfield

And The Wildcard - Ty Harden

Pick Up Your Points On The Way Out The Door.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least TSN doesn"t bother with a postgame show and goes directly to curling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts on this game:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has apathy set in yet?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow....just...wow.

Just when you don't think they can sink any lower, they manage to find a way. Lifeless, listless, laughable. Remind me again who the expansion team was?

I didn't drive from Buffalo to watch this horrorshow. So...there's that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh.

The forwards were okay, and Kocic had some big saves, but that's about it.

Let's try Stinson and Burgos in the midfield. Things can't get any worse, might as well see what the kids can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it was clear before the season started that Dunfield and Ty Harden aren't good enough for MLS. 95% of TFC fans knew it. I'm very disappointed in Winter.

WHo would have thought 4 games into the season that TFC would already be out of the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just dumb mistakes all around.

De Guz and Dunfield were useless, like a black hole in the midfield. So nothing got going forward, making Koevermans' job harder. We can't just bypass the midfield and shoot high balls for Koevermans to take down when he's got defenders on him.
    Ty Harden put Emory in a really bad position, which led to Emory's red -- although if Emory lets the player run, I'd take my chances with Kocic making the save. But it's pretty much the same thing De Guz did against Santos, but outside the box.

We did have chances though... the save on Koevermans... the ball on the line that Montreal cleared...

With a final score of 2-1, it just goes to show how fine-edged results can be. If we didn't give up stupid goals and actually had a stud at CB, we'd be tied at the very least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Has apathy set in yet?
    Not for me, not yet.

I am not denying that the team's defense is horrible right now, but we have Cann returning soon, Williams a bit later, and most importantly Frings to shore up in the midfield.

Making it into the playoffs is not yet an impossible dream. The Eastern Conference is fairly weak (the new playoff rules will definitely play in TFC's favour), and TFC are only four games in- defeats or not. Two wins against Chivas and Chicago in the next two weeks, at home, and this club is right back in it.

Moreover, I think the only really shameful result was losing to Columbus. This Montreal defeat hurts, no doubt, but I don't think the Impact are a writeoff, expansion or not. I think they can take plenty of points at home in the MLS. San Jose is a better team right now than anyone is giving them credit for, and Seattle are great at home.

If it's early May and we don't have at least 6-9 points, it might be time to panic, or stop caring.

Koev's goal means a lot. This team can score. It just needs to defend better. I think having Cann back and Frings back will already make a huge difference. I rate Williams for later in the season as well.
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; 04-07-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    Just dumb mistakes all around.

De Guz and Dunfield were useless, like a black hole in the midfield. So nothing got going forward, making Koevermans' job harder. We can't just bypass the midfield and shoot high balls for Koevermans to take down when he's got defenders on him.
    Ty Harden put Emory in a really bad position, which led to Emory's red -- although if Emory lets the player run, I'd take my chances with Kocic making the save. But it's pretty much the same thing De Guz did against Santos, but outside the box.

We did have chances though... the save on Koevermans... the ball on the line that Montreal cleared...

With a final score of 2-1, it just goes to show how fine-edged results can be. If we didn't give up stupid goals and actually had a stud at CB, we'd be tied at the very least.
    But as Soccerpro notes, we knew before the season where our weaknesses are. We're starting players of backup quality. Can't expect to win doing that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanO View Post
    Ugh.

The forwards were okay, and Kocic had some big saves, but that's about it.

Let's try Stinson and Burgos in the midfield. Things can't get any worse, might as well see what the kids can do.
    I agree. I'm willing to see what those kids can do. Gotta be better than De Guzman and Dunfield at this point.

De Guzman keeps doing those rash challenges or he lashes out trying to stop guys who are running past him -- Dunfield has an issue with rash challenges when he knows he's caught -- in previous games he was passing with tackles actually.

I also thought TFC played better when they had Silva on in the midfield, since he can battle physically and has a good sense of what to do, and has skill on the ball. Start Silva.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the love of God........ Dunfield / Harden / de Guzman MUST GO!

These are liabilities that are costing us games, perhaps even this entire season!

There's no words to describe the start to the season, just a massive, epic FAIL!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The team is shit.

There's no bullshitting this storyline at all. We have 1 win in 8 games and haven't led for even 1 second in MLS play.

And Harden, Dunfield, and JDG need to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Code Red View Post
    For the love of God........ Dunfield / Harden / de Guzman MUST GO!

These are liabilities that are costing us games, perhaps even this entire season!

There's no words to describe the start to the season, just a massive, epic FAIL!
    We need to find way to get this message across to Winter and management ASAP! These guys need to be benched!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cann has been on the bench for the past 5 or so games.
    Anyone know why he isn't seeing any minutes?
    There seem to have some little bit of stability there last year before he went down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    We need to find way to get this message across to Winter and management ASAP! These guys need to be benched!
    Oh yeah , that's right.
    Seems to be doing alot of good taking this approach with the Leafs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we've now given Vancouver and Montreal their first MLS wins, Seattle their first road win in MLS, any other fucking "FIRSTS" we give to other teams?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was RJ's tunnel vision always this bad?

In our last dangerous possession, he had the ball, Silva was streaking into the middle of the box with nothing but space...and he pretended he wasn't even there. Wouldn't have been a difficult ball to play, nobody was in that space and both defenders marking Silva were on the wrong side.

I just don't get it. Players just aren't seeing the plays that are there and just lobbing it in because they don't know what else to do.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My own feeling is that the team was actually built around Frings, for good or for bad.
    Without Frings, this team cannot win.

The offense is decent enough. The defensive problems were not properly addressed, and this falls squarely on Mariner's shoulders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    So we've now given Vancouver and Montreal their first MLS wins, Seattle their first road win in MLS, any other fucking "FIRSTS" we give to other teams?
    Thankfully we don't have to play FC Edmonton in the ACC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Was RJ's tunnel vision always this bad?

In our last dangerous possession, he had the ball, Silva was streaking into the middle of the box with nothing but space...and he pretended he wasn't even there. Wouldn't have been a difficult ball to play, nobody was in that space and both defenders marking Silva were on the wrong side.

I just don't get it. Players just aren't seeing the plays that are there and just lobbing it in because they don't know what else to do.
    Yea I let out a big sigh when I saw that as well, he had time and space, looked up, and launched it to no-one. What a let down when the game is on the line with the final possession of the game.

Also I agree Harden and Dunfield need to be benched, they are not playing starter quality football right now, even for MLS standards, because every other MLS starter makes them look stupid. JDG needs to go when his contract is up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we start playing avila, silva and burgos please? You know, people that can actually pass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I saw that too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That second goal shows you just how crap Harden is, he had time to get to the ball before Wenger,the rookie,instead he lets Wenger get close and instead of putting the ball somewhere safe he puts it into dangerous space where Wenger was able to easily get to the ball, then Wenger is allowed to take a nice shot on net for the goal. However, don't worry people I'm sure Harden will live to see another day under Winter and be in the center of the back at BMO next Saturday versus Chivas. Moreover, someone explain the subs Winter made in the second half, you once again are down a goal, you need to score so let's take off Plata a forward and put on Silva, ok Silva coming on is ok, but leave Plata on and insert Silva for either DeGuzman or Dunfield, why waist a sub on Ekersley by putting Henry on, he should have waited and put on another offensive midfielder on an Avila,keep anybody with any hint of offense on instead later on he takes off Soolsma too, I have had it with Winter and his bonehead substitutions!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's time to adjust the tactics a little and give our under-talented group more of a fighting chance. The way we are trying to play is leaving very little room for error.

I suggest we go to a 4-2-3-1 if we aren't already there (hard to tell). If one thing is for sure it's that most guys are not effectively playing their roles within this system. It's very apparent when we compare ourselves to Montreal which is very rigid, tactically disciplined, and frankly not very talented, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    Making it into the playoffs is not yet an impossible dream. The Eastern Conference is fairly weak (the new playoff rules will definitely play in TFC's favour), and TFC are only four games in- defeats or not. Two wins against Chivas and Chicago in the next two weeks, at home, and this club is right back in it.
    I wouldn't put money on this team going perfect for long stretches during MLS play. I don't know what it'll take to keep fans interest, but players should be fighting for jobs and the chance at Canadian Championship play now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    It seems like the biggest decisions are still being made by someone else.
    Bing-Fuckin-OH!!
    Nothing will fundamentally, tangentially, change until we have new ownership. And whats coming in the summer is not ownership change - that is called musical chairs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    Bing-Fuckin-OH!!
    Nothing will fundamentally, tangentially, change until we have new ownership. And whats coming in the summer is not ownership change - that is called musical chairs.
    It has the potential to be more than musical chairs. I can say that when Bell took over CTV they made fundamental changes - it's still a question if they were the right changes, but that's a different issue (like the Leafs situation, they made probably the right move of hiring a presidemt/GM, they just hired the wrong guy).

The TFC situation really looks as though Mariner and Winter were hired but given little to no say over the big decisions. As Oldtimer says, the team looks to be built around Frings - probably a Klinsmann decision.

It's all speculation, of course, but it really looks like the management structure here isn't really working. No one in management has really taken control of the team and put their stamp on it and there's really no way anyone can - would it be Mariner or Winter? Did either of them have the authority to buy out JDG's contract? Did either of them sign Frings?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope the travelling support make their own fun post-game.

This game was a poor show by both teams and was probably a lost cause for us.

The next two games are must win. Not draw. Win.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”