Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wren View Post
    So, you're at a club where a comedian is making fun of Toronto, and the people are both envious and purposefully ignorant and all get the jokes.

The jokes were very, very low-brow, as in "Isn't Toronto boring? Who wants to go to Toronto? Am I right people?" and they were rolling on the floors not because they know this to be true based on their experience, but because it fits their stereotypes, which are based on ignorance.

I never used the word hate, but I hardly call those things neutral and non carring.

I wouldn't say it's neutral either. But we were talking about how the general rivalry between the two cities would fuel the more specific rivalry between TFC and the Impact, and I and other ex-montrealers believe the perceived animosity they have toward us is overblown. That said, I never did any scientific study on the subject and all this is just my opinion.

I've never lived there, but have been there lots and know several ex Montrealers.
    This is off-topic but it brings up something I wish I had thought about on Friday night so I could have heckeled that idiotic comedian. There are litterally tens of thousands of ex-Montrealers now living in Toronto, but in all my time living over there I never once met a former Torontonian who had moved permanently to Montreal (McGill students don't count since they usually get the hell out of there as soon as they get their degree). Must tell you something about which city is the better place to live.
    Last edited by Carefree; 04-12-2012 at 03:41 PM. Reason: fixed typos

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    I lived in Montreal for thirty years. Toronto just isn't that special to them, they don't like anyone else. For the longest time they made fun of Toronto the way you do someone you kind of feel sorry for - no bars open on Sunday, you couldn't sit on a patio and have a drink. So now that's changed but Montreal doesn't care.

But the soccer rivalry is actually going to be good. Again, of course, Toronto is going to have to keep up its end and be competitive.
    this is basicly it, they used to feel sorry for us, because all we think of is work, and we're cheap, they think we're all scottish lol,..while all they think of is fun and work is just a means to have more fun,.....they live for pleasure, we're simply boring to quebecers,...lol, esp up north they love Canada, just want to speak French......
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is off-topic but it brings up something I wish I had thought about on Friday night so I could have heckeled that idiotic comedian. There are litterally tens of thousands of ex-Montrealers now living in Toronto, but in all my time living over there I never once met a former Torontonian who had moved permanently to Montreal (McGill students don't count since they usually get the hell out of there as soon as they get their degree). Must tell you something about which city is the better place to live.[/QUOTE]

no it's simply economics, however that may start changing as Ontario becomes a have-not province

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There will be no rivalry until both teams start winning and competing against each other in the play-offs...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    There will be no rivalry until both teams start winning and competing against each other in the play-offs...
    just as in hockey/....oh ya it takes 2