RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Over 18,000 sold so far for TFC L'impact at the Big O.

According to the Montreal Gazette in their Wednesday edition over 18,000 ticket have been sold so far for Saturday. Lower than I would have expected considering the Toronto factor and the fact they had 58,000 a few weeks ago for the opener, hopefully over the next day or so and with walkups they will push it up, love to see 30, 000 +

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...993/story.html

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I hope they sell 20k and only 15k show up. I hope they don't make any money off the tickets. Fuck them.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are there a large number of our supporters going (not just RPB, but overall)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope they sell out Olympic Stadium for all the games that are played there, I want the Whitecaps to sell out every home game they play. Heck I would like every MLS team to sell out all of their home games just like I want TFC to sell out every home game. I want the MLS to become one of the most popular leagues in North America, don't think that will happen but I can always hope,however, I want only one team to have success on the field and that's TFC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The atmosphere is going to be absolutely awful with only 18000 fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that's very underwhelming, and surprising given the matchup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advantage for us then. Good news!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal is more of a hype city than TFC. plus noon start for the game? someone screwed up big time
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's true that there are about 1000 TFC fans expected, they should be quite noticeable given that crowd.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Montreal is more of a hype city than TFC. plus noon start for the game? someone screwed up big time
    You can thank TSN for the time change, World Curling Championships is on at 2 pm. Big ratings grabber here in Canada.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    That is for sure , considering that over 2,500 of the 13, 843 of those who attended the 2008 Columbus Invasion were a part of the Sea of Red. So all those their tomorrow for the Reds will not go unnoticed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

columbus 2.0
    we're gonna be louder.
    we're gonna be harder.
    we're definately gonna do it with more heart.

their first win in the MLS vs. ours.
    LET'S FUCKING DO THIS.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Shockingly low ticket sold.

[QUOTE=ManUtd4ever;1469702]Wow, that's very underwhelming, and surprising given the matchup.[/QUOTEsi

Yes considering how both teams are fighting for the basement. Battle of the Paperbag heads. I'm sure the locals have been waiting for years to see JDG play. Yup can't figure out whey the haven't sold 60,000 tickets....

I'm sure the Ultra's are looking forward to it. I'm sure if Montreal came to TO and the game was the Rogers Centre there would only be about 20K there as well. Cause we've waited all our lives to see Coradi play. TBH-- If I was a causal Impact fan, I'd skip the noon game, and catch NYRB and the Galaxy later on at Olympic Stadium.

I bet they end up with 28,000 at the game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Toronto Sun's Kurt Larson tweeted that the impact are expecting 30k.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm embarrassed that soccer takes a back seat to curling here in Canada. I will leave it at that for fear of offending some passionate curling fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoMO View Post
    Yes considering how both teams are fighting for the basement. Battle of the Paperbag heads. I'm sure the locals have been waiting for years to see JDG play. Yup can't figure out whey the haven't sold 60,000 tickets....

I'm sure the Ultra's are looking forward to it. I'm sure if Montreal came to TO and the game was the Rogers Centre there would only be about 20K there as well. Cause we've waited all our lives to see Coradi play. TBH-- If I was a causal Impact fan, I'd skip the noon game, and catch NYRB and the Galaxy later on at Olympic Stadium.

I bet they end up with 28,000 at the game.
    Although I appreciate the dripping sarcasm intended in your post, I think saner minds can understand that 18,000 tickets is a surprisingly low number considering that Montreal just recently attracted 60,000 people for their home opener against Chicago, and the anticipation is that TFC is expected to be their arch rival in their new league surroundings. I never suggested that the match should be a sellout, but 30,000-40,000 is a reasonable expectation considering that it's the inaugral MLS matchup between Toronto and Montreal.

Furthermore, the current standings have minimal implications on attendance at this point considering that there are 30 games left in the season.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 04-06-2012 at 11:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TSN is a joke! I wish CBC won MLS TV rights in Canada.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Although I appreciate the dripping sarcasm intended in your post, I think saner minds can understand that 18,000 tickets is a surprisingly low number considering that Montreal just recently attracted 60,000 people for their home opener against Chicago, and the anticipation is that TFC is expected to be their arch rival in their new league surroundings. I never suggested that the match should be a sellout, but 30,000-40,000 is a reasonable expectation considering that it's the inaugral MLS matchup between Toronto and Montreal.

Furthermore, the current standings have minimal implications on attendance at this point considering that there are 30 games left in the season.
    Didn't we draw 47K one day and then the next home date didn't sell out BMO? As much I love TFC, for a fan in Montreal or Boston we're as glamorous as the Crew or Rapids are to Toronto. I doubt we could get 40K again this year and I doubt the Limpact will get more than 30K for any of their games at Olympic Stadium the rest of the way. The markets just aren't there. In time, let's hope.

TBH-- I doubt Montreal in Toronto creates more interest in the casual fan in TO than LA or Henry coming to town.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is true that the "rivalry" between Montreal and Toronto (making a broader comment, not just about sports) really only exists in Toronto.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It is true that the "rivalry" between Montreal and Toronto (making a broader comment, not just about sports) really only exists in Toronto.
    No, not really. Toronto is still hated in Montreal and Montreal supporters are really pumped playing against Toronto. It's Montreal hockey fans who don't care about Toronto Maple Leafs since they have more hated rivalry with Boston.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It could eeally pick up again, though. I saw this line in an article about politics today, but it applies:

“It’s like having a loose tooth and wiggling it with your tongue. If the tooth isn’t already loose, you can’t wiggle it.”

So, there's definitely a loose tooth between Montreal and Toronto that can be wiggled. Even the team colours, red and blue, make it look like a Quebec-Canada rivalry. This is could really just be the beginning.