Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Every single one of us

IS fucking proud of you, is fucking proud of you, is fucking proud of you

OH

Every single one of us is, fucking, proud, of, you,

Last night was amazing. Sure things didn't play out the way we all hoped. But at the same time there was a genuine belief amongst the boys, staff and all of us. We gave it a good run and I am proud to be Torontonian and Canadian after that display last night.

Not to say that I could care less about the rest of the season, but its magical runs like that which are what make football beautiful.

The drama and story line was just something else.

The boys never gave up and a couple bad bounces did us in. We showed class and Concacaf that we can play football.

I think that the league now becomes our main pirority and concacaf fun will have to wait until another year; because this is a high that I can sustain for quite some time.

And maybe thats a passive attitude; but we are Canadian.

Cheers, Boys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhh, We don't have to wait too long because on May 2nd in Montreal, it starts all over again!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me no get it!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for this thread. 100% behind this message.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am proud of what we accomplished, but if you believe bad bounces did us in, we weren't watching the same game. Poor team defending late in the first half and boneheaded individual plays did us in. I would feel better about last night if we were just beaten, but we beat ourselves more than anything, which is immensely frustrating.

Anyway, it was a great run, let's learn from it and focus on getting something resembling form in the league before we dig ourselves into a massive hole.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep. proud of the lads for the effort in the CCL run

now let's make the playoffs!
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Reality is we shouldn't have been there. The Gods were on our side for this one! Literally!
    It was a fun run. Loved the atmosphere at BMO and Rogers Centre.

However, for me, this run has diluted the Nutrilite Canadian Championship. That "tournament" doesn't have the luster it used to. For me it's group stages or nothing.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can you NOT be proud of the lads?

Next home match, I propose a big THANK YOU banner.
    ¡Vamos Celta!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Reality is we shouldn't have been there. The Gods were on our side for this one! Literally!
    It was a fun run. Loved the atmosphere at BMO and Rogers Centre.

However, for me, this run has diluted the Nutrilite Canadian Championship. That "tournament" doesn't have the luster it used to. For me it's group stages or nothing.
    c'mon dude. beating up Montreal never loses its fun
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love this thread

Thanks so much boys for that historic run. Getting the chance to attend 2 quarter/semi final mathes in the champions league will be something that I will resonate in my mind forever and I will talk about it for years to come

Our boys played great threwout the entire championship and our first half performance last night was well beyond my expectations

I'm so proud to support this club threw all the highs and the lows!! This high was EPIC!!!

THANKS TFC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a couple of paragraphs from a post I made in the post-game thread - as it suits this thread...

First off, I'm EXTREMELY PROUD of MY TEAM and to be honest MYSELF and OTHERS IN THIS GROUP as well...

I never predicted 'doom & gloom' even though we were massive underdogs & expected to lose. I tried to rally us supporters and the lads (who lets be honest, read the public areas) and enjoyed having HOPE instead of pecimism... I got to enjoy the entire run much more than many, not just the wins but the lead up and the matches, as many just had the attitude "we're gonna lose" then were happy when we won...

For those who believed and hoped with me - WE & the LADS HAD A HELL OF A RUN...!!!

I hope the lads know that for every "we'll get killed" and "we won't win this match, 4-1 Santos" negative sad style post - there are those of us who were with them with our hearts, minds, voices, and souls, even though we were thousands of miles away...

WELL IN LADS... For those of us who believed, you gave us something to believe in and enjoy - for those who didn't, well they can take heart that in their misery they can say 'told ya so'. I'll take hope, passion, pride, and fun - over negativity, sadness, and smugness anyday...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep! Many "experts" said we wouldn't likely qualify for the CCL group stage, let alone qualify for the knock-out rounds. Not only did we get through our group by handing Dallas their collective asses, we gave the MLS's poster-boys their walking papers too. And for 3 halves of footy we held our own against the top team in Mexico. Damn right I'm proud of the lads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't help but think this when I read the thread title:

Here come the man
    With the look in his eye
    Fed on nothing
    But full of pride
    Look at them go
    Look at them kick
    Makes you wonder how the other half live

The devil inside
    The devil inside
    Every single one of us the devil inside

The devil inside
    The devil inside
    Every single one of us the devil inside

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done boys, be proud!!!

In Montreal, let's give the boys a big standing O!!!!!!!!

They deserve it.

GlenM
    "You play to win the game"

Herm Edwards - Former NFL Coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iv'e never been more proud to be a TFC fan, this CCL run was magical. All of this wouldn't be possible, had the game against the Whitecaps been canceled considering we were losing 1-0. TFC took full advantage of this. It's just crazy looking back realising none of this could have been possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It hasn't been 24 hrs yet but I'm starting to feel less angry about the amateur defensive plays that lead to last night's result. Great run and there are so many bright spots on this team now. Hopefully we see some pretty significant changes to the defense when we get back to MLS play (Emory, Henry, Cann). I just hope we can pull it together soon enough to salvage a playoff spot. Great to see Morgan, Stinson and Kocic make a significant contribution to the CCL run. It's been fun watching them develop. Excellent run boys and thanks for the Canadian CCL bragging rights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carts you're a beauty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    what? i disagree ... we deserved to be in the quarters and semis, our boys worked hard to get there, that is reality, let's not minimize our accomplishments ... if the footy gods were on our side, it's because we earned it ... there was always hope in my heart, which did not subside until the 66th minute yesteday

in the end we only beat ourselves, but i am damn proud of what our club achieved ... and i hope to see all of it again, Voyageurs Cup and more deep runs in the CCL

and if the footy gods are still with us, i pray for solid defending for the full 90 each game

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    IS fucking proud of you, is fucking proud of you, is fucking proud of you

OH

Every single one of us is, fucking, proud, of, you,

Last night was amazing. Sure things didn't play out the way we all hoped. But at the same time there was a genuine belief amongst the boys, staff and all of us. We gave it a good run and I am proud to be Torontonian and Canadian after that display last night.

Not to say that I could care less about the rest of the season, but its magical runs like that which are what make football beautiful.

The drama and story line was just something else.

The boys never gave up and a couple bad bounces did us in. We showed class and Concacaf that we can play football.

I think that the league now becomes our main pirority and concacaf fun will have to wait until another year; because this is a high that I can sustain for quite some time.

And maybe thats a passive attitude; but we are Canadian.

Cheers, Boys.
    Whoever the fuck you are?
    You have perhaps brought this douche back!
    Brilliant, fucking brilliant kiddo!
    Can we clone you, you fuck?
    KD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100% agree

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad to see them knocked out but man was that entertaining to watch that run. Congrats to the boys because this is the furthest we have gone in any competition. The boys showed they could hang in there with a team that is in first in Mexico!!!! We were 45 minutes from going through.

Good on you boys. Good on you!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

At first I was very upset and was very negative. But after doing some thinking I realized what a journey its been. I saw them Tie against LA in what is Toronto's most attended game (while everyone said we were gonna get our butts kicked), then saw them tie the #1 team in Mexico at BMO. Even though I just starting following TFC within the last 2 years, I must say its been so great having the opportunity to see the team on both occasions and to see the team play really well.

I can only hope to see many more exciting games and hopefully this is a sign that we are having a team that is starting to become better and more organized.

So thank you TFC for the journey and thank you to all from the RPB who made the experience amazing and hopefully I have many more memorable moments such as these 2 games.

Cheers,
    Matt

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In big games, against quality opponents, we looked like we belonged.

This run produced the two best home games in our history.

How sweet it was, to get a whiff, of being a winner.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am really proud of they way they played and I am looking forward to seeing it brought to their MLS games.

Lets start this weekend in Montreal, we will be there to support the guys