Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pre-Game: 401 jouer au football 20, TFC Makes Montreal Go Limp !!!!

TORONTO FC vs.L'IMPACT

What/When

• Toronto FC (0-0-3) will pay their first-ever visit to Olympic Stadium in Montréal, Québec to take on the expansion Montréal Impact (0-1-3) on Saturday, April 7, 2012 at 12:00 pm EDT. Impact play in Salt Lake City on Wednesday night, so both teams are coming in on two days rest, no one with a rested advantage here.
    • NOTE: There will be a Reserve League match between Toronto FC (0-0-1) and the Montréal Impact (1-0-1) at BMO Field on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at 1:00 pm EDT.

TV/Video

Radio/Audio

And The Match...

Five Match Trend
    • TFC: LLLXX
    • MTL: DLLLX

Last Match vs. Montréal
    • First time meeting in MLS play.
    Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 04-02-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pregame/In game: 7 Apr Toronto at Montreal

Time for the lads to pick themselves up, put last night's game behind, take the positives and get us a win at Mtl!
    It won't be easy as Montreal played very well away at RSL, and unlucky to get a point out of that game last night. Montreal's playing better after every game so far, and they will be coming at TFC in search for their first ever MLS win

I'd like to see

---------Kocic
    Ecks-Henry-Harden-Morgan
    -----Stinson-Dunfield
    -----------Silva
    -Soolsma----------Plata
    -------Koevermans

Subs
    Rowe
    Aceval
    Burgos
    De Guzman
    Lambe
    Avila
    Johnson

-Aceval is either not completely match fit after injury, or he just had a terrible game. Either way, Henry deserves a start, even if it's just to try out a different combination at CB
    -RJ needs a day off. Was totally gassed out by mid 2nd half vs Santos
    -JDG needs to be made an example of. Two games in a row with critical errors leading to goals. Stinson deserves a chance too
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am looking forward to this epic match, the CCL run is behind the boys now, time to look forward. Hopefully with Danny K and the capped tied guys they can turn it on Saturday and leave a big mark on the pitch in Montreal.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoping we at least pull out a point from this game. Losing is a horrible habit, and tough to break after a while, too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a shame a game of this magnitude, with so many people going, fell when it did. I think the risk of us playing poorly is very high.

RSL players said the letdown post-CCL was a huge factor in their MLS season last year.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It's a shame a game of this magnitude, with so many people going, fell when it did. I think the risk of us playing poorly is very high.

RSL players said the letdown post-CCL was a huge factor in their MLS season last year.
    Of course, expectations for RSL in the CCL last year were very high going in, unlike TFC. Sure, there could be some letdown, but there was enough good play (even last night) for it to have the opposite effect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep Cann out of this game with the turf, Let Stinson and Henry have a full 90min chance, and Koev's needs to get a goal.

I'm feeling TFC's first clean sheet. 1-0.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of all MLS games I really want TFC to win this weekend. We can't be Montreal's first win and on a personal note I don't want to have to hear any snide remarks from my family in Montreal about this game. Do it for me TFC!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can leave the losing to the Leafs. Let them be the loss of the day for MLSE.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's hoping last night's loss to Santos Laguna will motivate the boys to kick Montreal's miserable ass. They should be anyways. There's no way in hell for them to be 0-4 to start the season.

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    We can leave the losing to the Leafs. Let them be the loss of the day for MLSE.
    Hear Hear!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't want TFC to be responsible for Vancouver and Montreal's first wins in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, I don't think we even have to worry about this game. It isn't going to happen.

I dreamed that, after last night's loss, Frings decided that he didn't want to play for us any more, and he went back to Germany.
    North Korea quickly realized that, without the protection offered to us by Torsten Frings, we were extremely vulnerable. They decided to take advantage of this weakness, and they dropped a nuclear bomb on us.

I realize that this is, of all my TFC related dreams, the least likely to come to fruition. But still, you never know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be satisfied with a draw considering the timing of this match. Hopefully the boys can rebound from last night's emotional letdown.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything short of a win will be a massive disapointment, we need to win this match really bad. Tough to say that in game 4 of the season but at 0-3 its a must win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last 30 minutes of last night's game is going to still be in our guys' heads, how could it not be.

I'm worried that AW will run out the same line up and the confidence level will be very low.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm excited to be at my first away game! But I don't hold out too much hope of a result. I'm going to say draw, because I don't want us to give Montreal their first league win! But - its set up perfectly for a Montreal win really - I think they would go crazy if their first victory was over their local rivals!

My heart says 1-1,
    My head say 2-1 to Montreal :s

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd prefer to see some new faces, maybe some players who weren't playing on Weds and won't bring any attitude with them to this game:

---------Kocic
    Ecks-Henry-Emory-Morgan
    -----Stinson-Dunfield
    -----------Avila
    -Lambe----------Plata
    -------Koevermans

We haven't seen Hall yet this season, maybe could give Morgan a rest and give Hall some gametime? Cordon could probably do with some time too, but that would leave us fairly inexperienced in the middle of the field.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hall is injured

The biggest question is, is king dave making this trip?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dv23 View Post
    Guys, I don't think we even have to worry about this game. It isn't going to happen.

I dreamed that, after last night's loss, Frings decided that he didn't want to play for us any more, and he went back to Germany.
    North Korea quickly realized that, without the protection offered to us by Torsten Frings, we were extremely vulnerable. They decided to take advantage of this weakness, and they dropped a nuclear bomb on us.

I realize that this is, of all my TFC related dreams, the least likely to come to fruition. But still, you never know.

..what the fuck did i just read?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Hall is injured

The biggest question is, is king dave making this trip?
    In the words of KD "AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEE"

GlenM
    "You play to win the game"

Herm Edwards - Former NFL Coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've watched every Mtl game thus far and they show incremental improvement each game but are really, really toothless up front. That being said, if we line JDG and our other under performing mids up against Patrice Bernier and Felipe there will be issues. Bernier right now seriously looks like 10x the player JDG is and has me questioning the MNT's sanity for not putting him in a starting role.

TFC can win this game, if they avoid the defensive mistakes. Considering Montreal lacks attacking brilliance I think that should be an achievable task. However, I'd warn that they aren't as bad as their record indicates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are more tallented then Montreal. Montreal are more organized and stronger at the back. If we have the usuall TFC concetration lapses we will not win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WE CAN FUCKING WIN!! I'm done with all this Santos drama, onward to crush those Garbage-baggers! JDG can fuck off but right now idgaf about anything else but a win in MTL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post

..what the fuck did i just read?
    Dude, I have no idea what I just wrote. But quite frankly, I think it's about time I get my own stickied topic where I post my (mostly accurate) dreams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not going to be an easy game. The players interviewed after the Santos game look crushed, Montreal is at home needing a win badly and are pretty well organized, and after playing on that great pitch in Mexico the turf is not going to be fun.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really think Winter has to sit the guys who have played 360 minutes in the Santos games and against SJ and Columbus (Harden, Eckersley, and Johnson - maybe Harden could play, but the other two have run too much, too hard). The risk of injury is too high, especially on plastic.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-05-2012 at 09:54 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this thread needs to be merged ....
    Last edited by ensco; 04-06-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this thread needs to be merged ....
    I second that. If we need more of an incentive tomorrow, the Limpact website declares the 'The Enemy Is In Town'.

Let's dip 'em lads

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

------------Kocic-----------
    -Ecks-Emory-Aceval-Morgan-
    ------------JDG------------
    ---------Silva-Avila---------
    -----Soolsma-Koef-Plata----

Subs:
    Lambe
    Stinson
    Henry
    Cann
    Johnson
    Rowe
    Burgos

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still pissed about the Santos loss, not pissed at the fact that we lost to them, but that we f**king beat ourselves. The questionable reffing didn't help.

Anyway, as our focus and attention turns to league play, I really hope the boys aren't too demoralized, but I have a feeling team moral is pretty low at the moment thanks to the suicidal mistakes made in the Santos game. I hope I'm wrong.

Hopefully with the high number of away supporters, the boys will feed off of that and come out of Montreal with a full 3 points. Anything short of that will be a big dissapointment and leave us in a deeper hole than the one we are currently in.

Let's get 'em boys!

Screw_The_Impact.jpg