Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's hilarious to watch at a full on run, I don't know if TFC Cityboy came up with the nick name roadrunner or not but that is the perfect nickname for Plata.

He looks exactly like the roadrunner when at full speed .... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Mi Paisano!

Is it me or does Platita have like the LOWEST centre of gravity on a person not qualified as a "little person"?

It's actually really interesting to watch. He fell once and it was like instantly he was right up because he didn't have far to fall! LMAO!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    "Worst tackle ever"? Not even the worst tackle our team has done this season. It was barely mistimed but it was early. Why was JDG covering in the first place? Wasn't that the complaint? That our CB's weren't being babied enough?

Mental fortitude? Are you saying they just didn't want it enough? I think it had to do with how much pace was lost trying to chase the ball back so we could play the possesion game. The one that that was working the first half.

There was plenty of points in that match to change the outcome. Like that offside goal at the end of the first half.

Santos did deserve the win. Mostly because they won.
    He ran across the field and body checked a guy in the box. It is the worst because it is the most costly and highly fucking retarded.

Mental fortitude has to do with making ridiculous challenges like that last game or Aceval belly flopping onto a ball. Or giving up when its 4-2. Heck, shitting the bed vs Columbus, where we also gave up a penalty. Or not even showing up vs SJ. We have won a single game in almost ten.

Moreover that goal was not offside. Where was the guy who was supposed to be closing down the player who made the deadly pass in who lead to the goal? I guess he wasnt closing him down.

Santos won because our players lack the character to win. They had the chance, they realized they had such a chance and fell apart.

Ill let the teams record so far this year speak for itself, believe what you may. They arent losing because they are unlucky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the TFC should adopt a policy like some team in europe somewhere who was on a 17 game losing streak (not sure on this number),Well the owner or president said they wont get paid until they win! I think for every time a mistake that is made leading to a goal against us,the culprit doesnt get paid for that week.I bet you would see a huge difference in the team!I know this will never happen,but its a thought!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    Santos won because our players lack the character to win. They had the chance, they realized they had such a chance and fell apart.

Ill let the teams record so far this year speak for itself, believe what you may. They arent losing because they are unlucky.
    I agree with the general sentiment, but I believe "they'" is really down to DeGuzman, Aceval, Harden (to a lesser extent, as he's fine most of the time) and Dunfield. They are our repeat poor performers, the most inconsistent, the most likely to brain fart and bury the rest of the team's good efforts.

It's not going to happen every game and we've played some really nice football in the other end and when we stayed compact defensively and got back quickly. But to me, we're still four starters away from being a playoff team. Logan Emory might be one, as he at least reads the game well and works hard. Cann or Doneil Henry might be another, with the latter really showing well against the U.S. and Mexico. Maybe he's ready.

I still think we need a stud CB like Bonjour, or Hurtado. It doesn't have to be a DP, just the right pick. Obviously we need more holder depth at midfield. Dunfield is strictly benchwarmer material, DeGuzman makes poor decisions in a key role; so we need a solid holder. Don't know if Silva and Burgos are ready for day in and out.

Great wings play. A major talent (albeit whiny) in Ryan Johnston. Frings. That's what we have to work with.

Not good enough.
    Last edited by jloome; 04-06-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc007 View Post
    I think the TFC should adopt a policy like some team in europe somewhere who was on a 17 game losing streak (not sure on this number),Well the owner or president said they wont get paid until they win! I think for every time a mistake that is made leading to a goal against us,the culprit doesnt get paid for that week.I bet you would see a huge difference in the team!I know this will never happen,but its a thought!
    This is a good idea, but who would it be? TFC needs a president...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I agree with the general sentiment, but I believe "they'" is really down to DeGuzman, Aceval, Harden (to a lesser extent, as he's fine most of the time) and Dunfield. They are our repeat poor performers, the most inconsistent, the most likely to brain fart and bury the rest of the team's good efforts.

It's not going to happen every game and we've played some really nice football in the other end and when we stayed compact defensively and got back quickly. But to me, we're still four starters away from being a playoff team. Logan Emory might be one, as he at least reads the game well and works hard. Cann or Doneil Henry might be another, with the latter really showing well against the U.S. and Mexico. Maybe he's ready.

I still think we need a stud CB like Bonjour, or Hurtado. It doesn't have to be a DP, just the right pick. Obviously we need more holder depth at midfield. Dunfield is strictly benchwarmer material, DeGuzman makes poor decisions in a key role; so we need a solid holder. Don't know if Silva and Burgos are ready for day in and out.

Great wings play. A major talent (albeit whiny) in Ryan Johnston. Frings. That's what we have to work with.

Not good enough.
    I thought both Henry and Nana Attakora made glaring mistakes against Mexico. However, they were decent agaisnt the United States.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Macksam View Post
    I thought both Henry and Nana Attakora made glaring mistakes against Mexico. However, they were decent agaisnt the United States.
    This is true! Henry is not ready yet, and I support the kid.

He's not ready for the bigshow game in game out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matches are played over 90 minutes, not 45. Santos Laguna is an excellent squad from a quality league. There is no shame in losing to them. Even good Mexican sides can struggle against other Mexican teams. Did anyone watch the other CCL semi-final between Monterrey and Pumas? Nick Soolsma really stepped it up and impressed me. I don't believe I've seen any other player for TFC dominate an opposing team's corner like he did on Wednesday against SL. Nick even forced Banjamin Galindo to make a tactical change before the 30th minute. I'll leave others to comment on Luis Silva's defensive deficiencies, but he was finding open spaces and managed to get on the end of several of Nick Soolsma's crosses. For a young attacking midfielder, just out of US college and only playing a handful of games with TFC, his performance against SL certainly showed that he has potential. Joao Plata was opportunistic and buried his chances. Exactly what TFC has been asking for. Plata was motivated and energetic on the defensive side, although he had some rash challenges. There were a few times, in defensive coverage, where I mistook him for JDG until I looked more closely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunfield is strictly benchwarmer material
    I think Dunfield is more suited in the CM role. On a team with Torsten Frings and Julian De Guzman, who would expect Terry to be starting at DM?

Don't know if Silva and Burgos are ready for day in and out.
    It's a big jump from US College to MLS. AM is a critical role which requires a lot of vision. I think a scenario which gives them opportunities to build on progress is preferable to the baptism by fire method. I have a feeling that the real pressure on TFC to win is just starting to heat up. Silva and Burgos shouldn't be expected to carry the load, imho. Too many opportunities to lay blame and kill confidence. Even Amado Guevara disappeared at times for us.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harden (to a lesser extent, as he's fine most of the time) and Dunfield. They are our repeat poor performers, the most inconsistent, the most likely to brain fart and bury the rest of the team's good efforts.
    i think the thing that gets me most about harden is that he actually looks like he's trying most of the time. he's trying but his performance still isnt good enough for the level we're playing at. i've never seen him just walking around the pitch, and although i have seen him look lost at times, he's normally covering a man. should it be the man he's supposed to be marking? no.. but he's actively thinking it is and trying to cover him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried to do this yesterday but I hate my computer at work. So here is a screen capture of the 2nd goal by Gomez/Santos.

In my opinion, the game was well refereed.

Everyone made mistakes. Including Ecks right here, keeping Gomez onside and not keeping the backline true. To pin it on JDG or Aceval or anyone else is exactly the opposite of what people proclaim to be the essence of soccer as a team sport. If you're going to blame one player for a loss you also have to be willing to give credit to one player for a win as well.
    Last edited by Roogsy; 04-06-2012 at 03:16 PM.