Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know if the Kovacevic listed on the TFC twitter was Mario Kovacevic who played with U of T last year? If so, is he in on trial?

http://www.varsityblues.ca/roster.as...4056&path=msoc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Anyone know if the Kovacevic listed on the TFC twitter was Mario Kovacevic who played with U of T last year? If so, is he in on trial?

http://www.varsityblues.ca/roster.as...4056&path=msoc
    Yes that looks like him. There are a couple of photos of him in my stream above. # 36 in the fourth shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KRO View Post
    Yes that looks like him. There are a couple of photos of him in my stream above. # 36 in the fourth shot.
    Any thoughts on him? I did a quick search and saw he had trial with FC Edmonton earlier this year.

http://the11.ca/2012/03/18/fc-edmont...hes-hat-trick/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Any thoughts on him? I did a quick search and saw he had trial with FC Edmonton earlier this year.

http://the11.ca/2012/03/18/fc-edmont...hes-hat-trick/
    He did OK and came into the game more in the second half with some good flicks. He looked like what he was - a triallist. The communication with the other players was not there and he would need a few games before you could make up your mind. At first glance I would say thanks but no thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

asif said #36 had the same name, but is a u18 academy player...he looked a bit old though

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    asif said #36 had the same name, but is a u18 academy player...he looked a bit old though
    Look at the U of T pic and the pic on Flickr from today, same guy, no doubt about it.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Result of the Wednesday April 11, 2012 MLS Reserves League game between Toronto FC and Montreal Impact played at Downsview Park in North York at 11:00am.33 min...Impact Mike Fucito GOAL...Impact Sinisa Ubiparipovic sends in 15 yard cross from left and Fucito volleys shot into top right of net from 6 yards leaving TFC goalie Quillan Roberts stuck in center of net.

Final Score:.......Toronto FC.........0...........Montreal Impact.............1................

Attendance was about 40 people and almost half of them were TFC first team players on this overcast and cold day with a gusty wind from the north for the entire game. The wind blew back high kicks sent into the wind and blew balls over the end lines when the wind was at a player's back. Both teams passed the ball around and back too often. For this game I would have said that more shots would have produced more rebounds in this kind of weather. TFC had the wind at their back for the second half and didn't really take advantage of it. The intermission was shortened to eight minutes...might as well be as it was too far from anywhere indoor to warm up--just get the game over with.

I asked Impact officials about their 'new' player Stefan Vukovic. He didn't make the trip for this game. First person was a player who'd never heard of him. Found one. "He's never played in Montreal"---true but he did in an exhibition game in Rochester I said--"He's not signed for us". OK I guess that was the safe thing to say. Old Eduardo Sebrango was a starter and played the first 71 minutes of the game. He had a goal from a 12 yard chip up the middle called back offside. I reminded him after the game about how he used to kill the old Toronto Lynx in his previous stint on the Impact and the Rochester Raging Rhinos.

Evan Bush earned the shutout for the Impact. He had a big save to make at 69 minutes when TFC Junior Burgos took a low 30 yard shot up the middle that deflected off a defender and the goalie dived to the push the balll wide right of the post. One other chance was at 85 minutes when TFC Omari Morris charged to get to a through pass on the left and he rounded the sprawling goalie at 15 yards on the left but the act of pushing the ball past the goalie let a defender Hassoun Camara get to the ball first and clear it.

Quillan Roberts played the game for TFC. He was just signed to a pro contract earlier in the week. He played flawless except at 11 minutes when Impact Mike Fucito took a cornerkick from the right that he bobbled over his head but was able to turn around and pick it up on the bounce before it went over the line. I asked TFC assistant coach Danny Dichio after the game a question about Robert's playing time. If there's not enough first team action he will play in these Reserves games but will NOT be returning to the TFC Academy team. Most of last year I watched Chad Bush as the Academy goalie. Dichio answered that he is gone to school. I'll expect some new goalies for the Academy this year.

Referee Justin Tasev only gave out two Yellow cards today--both to the Impact in this rather tame game. Sinisa Ubiparipovic earned one at 14 minutes for kicking the ball away from near the center line after the whistle had blown. Karl Ouimette earned the other just two minutes later for a hand ball at almost the same spot.

Starters and Subs:...(the game officials said that the teams could make five subs during these games) My thanks to the game officials for letting me copy the lineups.

Toronto FC (all red, black shoulders, white numbers) 40 Quillan Roberts; 21 Aaron Maund...12 Adrian Cann (cpt)...2 Logan Emory...38 Tyler Pasher; 33 Junior Burgos...16 Oscar Cordon...15 Matt Stinson; 19 Reggie Lambe...36 Mario Kovacevic...13 Keith Makubuya head coach Jason Bent, assistant coach Danny Dichio, goalkeeping coach Stewart Kerr, physios Shawn Jeffers and Marcelo Casal, physio/athletic training Sebastian Casal, equipment manager Sacha DeAlmeida

subs TFC:...34 Omari Morris replaces 19 Reggie Lambe for start of second half.........32 Micheal Wagonecht replaces 15 Matt Stinson for start of second half..........4 Doneil Henry replaces 12 Adrian Cann at 63 minutes........35 Jordan Hamilton replaces 13 Keith Makubuya at 67 minutes (all the players on the bench were put into the game).

Montreal Impact (all blue, white names and numbers) 30 Evan Bush; 15 Jeb Brovsky...6 Hassoun Camara...52 Karl Ouimette...38 Gienir Garcia; 27 Bryan Arguez...28 Sinisa Ubiparipovic...37 Carl Haworth; 16 Eduardo Sebrango...26 Mike Fucito...36 Evan James head coach Mike Sorber, assistant coach Mauro Biella, therapist Vincent Root, team administrator Daniel Pozzi

subs Impact:...55 Wandrille Lefevre replaces 28 Sinisa Ubiparipovic for start of second half........19 Zarek Valentin replaces 15 Jeb Brovsky for start of second half.......56 Anthony Jackson-Hamel replaces 16 Eduardo Sebrango at 71 minutes....extra goalie 40 Samuel Dufort was not used. forward 32 Miguel Montano was not used.

Rocket Robin
    robing@eol.ca
    --

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for posting that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocket Robins post made my job easier. Thanks

Thought the game was pretty even. Strong winds and uneven pitch caused the ball to bounce around funny and seems to take a lot of guys game off.

Not sure how he is fit medically but Cann looked nearly match fit to me. He played a very simple game and didnt look out of place.

Logan Emory looked very good. Very intense and vocal. Not sure how he got missed on superdraft but he is very composed on the ball, even under pressure with good ball control and passing ability. I think his positioning could use some work but if emory doesnt pan out as cb, i think he might have future as dm. He looked good partnering cann.

Reggie lambe was tormenting impact lb until he got subbed. Very tricky winger.
    Aaron maund was decent at rb and seems to know when to make runs except his crossing sucked.
    Stinson was ok decensively bit had few giveaways with bad passing.
    Burgos showed flashes of skill bit he seems to be struggling putting it all together. Same goes for cordon.

Overall i thoight tfc was good technically individually bit the final ball was lacking. Did not help with infamiliar cf and sidnt create much throufh him. Defensively tfc was ok and i think onlu few times mtl was able to breakdown the shape.
    would post more detailed thoughts but on my cell

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think emory may be diamond in the rough. He reminds me of tim ream on his first year. Lots to work on but hes got talent. Could use a bit more speed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I think emory may be diamond in the rough. He reminds me of tim ream on his first year. Lots to work on but hes got talent. Could use a bit more speed
    I've been encouraqged by what I've seen of him. I also feel that he was most unfairly victimized by the referee and some supporters on Saturday as the replay clearly shows that he was most certainly not deserving of either the Red Card or the foul call in Montreal.

An appalling miscarriage of justice by the referee.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya i think he said in an interview with rednation that he is naturally a lb so hes getting used to playing cb regularly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://22066.vws.magma.ca/reports12/12tfc011.htm
    If you want to see pictures of that game you can check out this page from my site.