Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    agreed, i like this new semi optimistic Ensco HAHAHAHA
    TFC has provided the two best home games in team history so far in 2012. That has to count for a lot. So I'll focus on the nice weather, the good company, and we'll see where we are in 10 or 15 games.

But I don't want to disappoint you so....

Winter put the whole starting XI in today, and it couldn't be worse, it totally backfired, as we lost anyway. How tired are these guys going to be in the second half in the biggest game in team history Wednesday? Winter still has a lot to prove.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

throw in crosses when they clearly arent working.
    play hoof ball for the last 5 minutes and lose possession in the midfield.

rinse. repeat.

at least i get to read danger reds sarcastic yet poignant responses.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Stop playing that damn hoofball.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Columbus Crew Union tweeted the following:

"@CrewUnion: Can we play canadian teams every week?"

I'll make sure they eat those words, check out my "foolishly humorous, April 1st" article tomorrow on this very topic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    Columbus Crew Union tweeted the following:

"@CrewUnion: Can we play canadian teams every week?"

I'll make sure they eat those words, check out my "foolishly humorous, April 1st" article tomorrow on this very topic!
    Their right, all the Canadian teams are bad or in a bad form, even the Whitecaps. Im pretty sure every American mls team would love to face any Canadian team right now.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iy12l View Post
    Their right, all the Canadian teams are bad or in a bad form, even the Whitecaps. Im pretty sure every American mls team would love to face any Canadian team right now.
    Indeed, it is their right to make silly tweets of that nature.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    TFC has provided the two best home games in team history so far in 2012. That has to count for a lot. So I'll focus on the nice weather, the good company, and we'll see where we are in 10 or 15 games.

But I don't want to disappoint you so....

Winter put the whole starting XI in today, and it couldn't be worse, it totally backfired, as we lost anyway. How tired are these guys going to be in the second half in the biggest game in team history Wednesday? Winter still has a lot to prove.
    Its Wnters tactics that cost us the game. The team whipping in crosses against a team with a stud CB was his first mistake, and his subs after the 60th minute proved inneffective. On top of that, Plata has not proven to be effective this season and should have been subbed off.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@armen: rivalries are sad when only one side really gives a damn.

didn't we have a bunch of drunks down there tearing up their stadium with a couple thousand of our supporters? wasn't that the only reason people in columbus started caring about their team again? lest we forget they mentioned that a win over toronto would return them to their beloved "trillium cup glory", i guess that's a thing to look forward to winning when you don't have the champions league to worry about. i mean, who needs champions league in EPL when you could win the prestigious carlsburg cup, amirite?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=RealG-TFC;1466934]I also don't think Nakajima-Farran is the answer. I actually think we have the necessary guys to be successful but they have to play better as a team.

I strongly disagree! the exact type player he is, is what we lack. And there is a difference between looking dangerous and being dangerous.

I am not making him the saviour, but he is a step in the right direction to winning. He is the equivalent of Davide Chiumiento in ability and creativity the type player we dont have.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry! It's not what you think it is, but it is devilishly humorous according to the few I've shown so far

I'll link to it in the blogs thread tomorrow!

As for this game, bad luck, good play, no finish, we shall move on!

And Nakajima-Ferran is a gangster, straight up. He'd be awesome in our lineup though I don't think we can afford him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I hear you. I'm frustrated. But we were 100% better than Columbus today. We are a much better team than them.
    Respectfully that just wasn't true. Columbus neutralised us quite easily and they are not a good team. As others have said Plata was poor but in my book Danny K was honking like a big goose today. That guy is unfit and immobile. He could barely jump 3 inches off the ground. Consistently unable to adjust his pace or position to anything that didn't land on his toe or his forehead. Delivery was poor for sure but when you are looking to DPs for a bit of invention or something extra of somekind he had nothing. JDG.... bench him. Absolutely useless. I thought Emroy and Soolsma and Kocic were our only pass marks

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frings is badly missed. There was a hole up the middle of the pitch on the Columbus goal that you could drive a truck through. I think any one on this forum could have scored with that much space.

It's frustrating to watch them work hard and get some bounces their way, and then see them work hard and come up with nothing. Two defensive mistakes (there was no need to concede that penalty), and one goes in.

Also, did anyone notice that there were a number of balls crossed in meant for Plata? It seemed that many of the crosses were meant for Plata to get something on. Why are we asking the shortest man in MLS to get up in the air for crosses?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry! It's not what you think it is, but it is devilishly humorous according to the few I've shown so far

I'll link to it in the blogs thread tomorrow!

As for this game, bad luck, good play, no finish, we shall move on!

And Nakajima-Ferran is a gangster, straight up. He'd be awesome in our lineup though I don't think we can afford him.

On "transfer market" his value is similar to eckersley and less than frei's, I am pretty sure we could offer him something nice to come play and create on our wings.

In june he'll virtually be unemployed and will have no legs to stand on when negotiating.

I just dont want us to dismiss it, and not atleast explore it.

These are type of move's winning teams make not picking up MlS rejects, players that others teams disgarded.

-Double up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 123 elite View Post
    Respectfully that just wasn't true. Columbus neutralised us quite easily and they are not a good team. As others have said Plata was poor but in my book Danny K was honking like a big goose today. That guy is unfit and immobile. He could barely jump 3 inches off the ground. Consistently unable to adjust his pace or position to anything that didn't land on his toe or his forehead. Delivery was poor for sure but when you are looking to DPs for a bit of invention or something extra of somekind he had nothing. JDG.... bench him. Absolutely useless. I thought Emroy and Soolsma and Kocic were our only pass marks
    I mentioned Plata as a problem, but your nalysis of Danny K was also spot on. He looked exactly as you said - unfit, immobile and also disengaged. He offered little if anything to the attack. I'm glad you mentioned Soolsma's play, b/c I thought he was far more effective than Plata as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LesH View Post
    Some conclusions after the game:

1. We are the doormats of the MLS.
    Again.
    The 6th season in row.

0-3 / 1-7 goal differential

2. If we'll lose any more than 4 total points at home in all remaining games, will be almost impossible to make the playoffs.
    You heard this from me first time. You can rub this affirmation later in my face if I'm wrong somehow...

3. The technical staff of TFC looks like total idiots after this game:
    We played almost all the starting 11 which will start in Mexico (this gives almost no chance even for a decent performance there), yet we still shit the bed badly.

4. Plata and Danny K are total busts so far this year.
    I hope that at least they will play soon enough close to the potential they showed us last year.

5. Sorry for Frei's injury, but right now, if he's continuing to play like he's done this year, Milos should be clearly our first choice keeper, even after Frei will be fully fit after his injury.
    ^normally this a rant, but unfortunately all this is true.......why didn't Avila, Silva, Cann and whoever else didn't play wed start today....it wouldn't have been worse....and now after 3 games in 1 week , coming up Wed after crossing the continent...., so apt!!!!

There is no way we are making the play-offs......love the guys but for some reason we NO ONE respects us and actually love coming into our "house"......I support these fookers but I am very confused and disheartened......someone please tell me what is the difference btwn say mexican squads and mls , we play well tactically against so called ' better 'teams and shit the bed against big bad MLS teams..????? is it the rough stuff , constant aggressive hitting and we haven't got the skill or / strength,.. play our game ,..whatever that is......and we have what a 1000 more games left.....argh,........Winter sometimes european theory doesn't fit with scrubs and you have to adapt....because we can't live up to the technical demands it seems.......
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have resigned myself to the fact that I support a doormat. It seems that TFC has the reverse Midas touch. Nothing that they do seems to work. And now, we don't even have the best stadium atmosphere (Portland and Seattle blow everyone away).

I actually am dreading next week.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp View Post
    [/B]On "transfer market" his value is similar to eckersley and less than frei's, I am pretty sure we could offer him something nice to come play and create on our wings.

In june he'll virtually be unemployed and will have no legs to stand on when negotiating.

I just dont want us to dismiss it, and not atleast explore it.

These are type of move's winning teams make not picking up MlS rejects, players that others teams disgarded.

-Double up
    Toronto FC should be looking at some of these Canadian U23s as well

The salary/transfer fee is not the issue, Issey would come for a non-DP status - the problem is the cap space we have available, not sure if we have enough for another $350k player

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhh,it's ok.

We lost today ,we will win on Wednesday,that's our pattern this year,shit in MLS good in CCL.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Frings was on the pitch today, the Columbus attack would never have been given the 40+ yards of open space to run at our goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC should be looking at some of these Canadian U23s as well

The salary/transfer fee is not the issue, Issey would come for a non-DP status - the problem is the cap space we have available, not sure if we have enough for another $350k player
    This is true but we already have players in this age range, we have enough youngsters we need seasoned professionals now.

Cap space is/might be an issue but thats why frei's contract to me is an issue especially if we would be giving Kocic the #1 spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just finished watching the game on my pvr....and It just wasnt for us today.

I think we out played Columbus for 80 of the 90 minuets and created more goal scoring chances than I can count on one hand.
    Today we just lacked that final leathel touch to put the ball in the back of the net. Once Koves gets his forum back were going to be killing MLS teams.

I loved the passion and creativity our boys showed today and they never gave up until the end.
    My one criticl comment would be we need to keep the ball on the pitch a bit more, but besised Emory's one mistake it was a great showing from TFC!

I'm proud tonight, even with the loss!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ain't denying it brother For once, we did dominate, which makes the Emory blame even more frustrating. The kid looks really solid.
    Again, you're making up something that doesn't exist.

No one said he was to blame for us losing. No one.

Lots of people blamed him for the goal .... because he was to blame for the goal.

But when we dominate possession and lose 1-0 then obviously, no, that's not one guy's fault.

Putting that argument on everyone else then screaming like a school girl about him being unfairly targeted is unfair to the other people posting. If you want to debate the merits of the goal -- which is what that started as, with you saying he wasn't to blame for the goal -- then debate the merits of the goal. Don't invent positions for other people and then argue against them. It's intellectually dishonest.
    Last edited by jloome; 03-31-2012 at 08:23 PM.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get how anyone can really say Toronto dominated the pitch today*. I don't think we were terribly outplayed, but Columbus was the better of the two teams out there. I think we would have had a much better chance if Frings was playing, no doubt, but let's understand something - we're in real trouble as a club if we have to pin our victories on one man like this.

Koevermans and JDG are definitely not pulling their fair share, though what can be done at this point in time to change that? Relja and Island Man made good points about maybe giving up on difficult crosses, especially to Plata. The guy is fucking 5'3'' and he's getting directed into the box to finish off a cross with three Columbus guys that could literally eat him for lunch and have room left over for half a David Guzman!!

As for Emory, I think he can definitely play better, but got a little unlucky today. The guy at least looks like he wants to play and isn't dragging himself up and down the pitch like others seem to be. Kocic's save against Mirsevic's PK was pretty sweet, though. He's my pick for Man of the Match.

* Disclaimer: Probably nobody said such a thing at all.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 03-31-2012 at 11:40 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Again, you're making up something that doesn't exist.

No one said he was to blame for us losing. No one.

Lots of people blamed him for the goal .... because he was to blame for the goal.

But when we dominate possession and lose 1-0 then obviously, no, that's not one guy's fault.

Putting that argument on everyone else then screaming like a school girl about him being unfairly targeted is unfair to the other people posting. If you want to debate the merits of the goal -- which is what that started as, with you saying he wasn't to blame for the goal -- then debate the merits of the goal. Don't invent positions for other people and then argue against them. It's intellectually dishonest.
    I'm sorry, let's just put it all behind us.

I'm speaking purely out of the intention of not singling players out - whether it's for the goals or for the games.
    I don't agree that he was responsible for the goal, and part of it wasn't just what was being posted on the forums.

In the end of the day, it's just a post-game of a frustrating match.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    throw in crosses when they clearly arent working.
    play hoof ball for the last 5 minutes and lose possession in the midfield.

rinse. repeat.

at least i get to read danger reds sarcastic yet poignant responses.
    Haha. Hey, you know where I stand right now. At least I'm consistent...

..unlike our team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are obviously emotionally invested in the CCL right now and can't muster enough for MLS play. Johnson confirmed as much on the Soccer Show on Thursday. Once the destruction in Mexico is complete this week, this team will get on track in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We really needed a win today Winter had no choice but to for it. To get past Wednesday will be nothing short if a miracle..3points today were the priority. Winning the CCL is a bigger feat than the MLS & personally I enjoy watching TFC against Mexican teams over US teams. The sad thing is that the way things are going...this could be our last appearance in the CCL for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Logan played very well. He had A bit of A nervous start but he got stronger as the game went on. If we keep Eckersley 23 Morgan 21. Emory 24 that is a decent young back line. We need an experienced CB with speed to glue them together. None of our existing defenders will help us. Aceval is decent player but not a Centre back. All the rest Cann, Harden, Dicoy will not fill the bill. Henry and Maine are too young.

Not sure why Koervermans and Plata are playing so poorly. They got us a lot of goals last year but right now they are off form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Walms View Post
    I just finished watching the game on my pvr....and It just wasnt for us today.

I think we out played Columbus for 80 of the 90 minuets and created more goal scoring chances than I can count on one hand.
    Today we just lacked that final leathel touch to put the ball in the back of the net. Once Koves gets his forum back were going to be killing MLS teams.

I loved the passion and creativity our boys showed today and they never gave up until the end.
    My one criticl comment would be we need to keep the ball on the pitch a bit more, but besised Emory's one mistake it was a great showing from TFC!

I'm proud tonight, even with the loss!

I thought we looked good with the ball for spells and I have to believe if we continue to dominate possession the goals and wins will come. Plata does seem to be struggling with his back to the net and they need to find some other ways to get him involved. Obviously not aerially!

I really thought after Kocic's save they might go onto win... oh well it was a nice sunny day on the east side, hopefully we can take advantage of the 'new boys' from montreal next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh and sigh